Analytics Only Tracking Half of E-Commerce Sales

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Sparetoolparts, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Sparetoolparts

Sparetoolparts UKBF Regular Full Member

415 39
    Hi Guys

I have new shiny Magento 2.3.4 Website and have Google Analytics tracking sale conversions, when I changed over from Magento 1 to Magento 2 the tracking of my sales conversions have gone up the left, it is roughly only tracking approx half of the orders.

I've looked at the orders which aren't being tracked and I can't see any rhyme or reason why they shouldn't be tracked.

If the issue was fundamentally with the tracking code, then surely I wouldn't track any orders at all?

Anyone come across this issue?

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 By: Sparetoolparts Member since: Oct 26, 2015
  2. zigojacko

zigojacko I say it how it is Full Member - Verified Business

3,712 1,202
    No, not come across this issue before.

How have you integrated Google Analytics tracking? Are you still on Universal Analytics or have you upgraded it to GA4?

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 By: zigojacko Member since: Dec 7, 2009
  3. makeusvisible

makeusvisible UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,144 270
    The first question would be, have you integrated Google Analytics, using the in-built Magento 2 analytics tracking feature? You literally just drop in your Analytics ID, and away you go.

If the answer to the above question is "yes", then you have implemented it correctly, and its a case of digging into the cause.

The cause can be one of many. for example, a script conflict that only happens on certain pages. Or an issue within the site's theme. to get to the bottom of it you'll likely need a combination of someone who knows analytics, and someone who can get into the code.

Have you tried Google Tag Assistant. My first point of call would be to use TA on all the page types, and see if there are any errors or misconfiguration displaying, which will at least give a starting point to start resolving the issue.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 By: makeusvisible Member since: Jan 23, 2011
  4. Sparetoolparts

Sparetoolparts UKBF Regular Full Member

415 39
    Hello

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it onto my team and see how we get on.

Posted: Mar 17, 2021 By: Sparetoolparts Member since: Oct 26, 2015