Where to Advertise

Discussion in 'North East' started by ShaunR, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaunR

ShaunR UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 1
    Well.

Some of you may have seen my other thread. Im new to business and since my business is based in the northeast (Just north of Newcastle) I was wondering where anyone would recommend me advertising for work based around graphic design.

I have no idea about advertising, any advice on advertising up here would be appreciated!

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 By: ShaunR Member since: Oct 5, 2010
  2. sinclairsea

sinclairsea UKBF Newcomer Free Member

98 19
    Hello Shaun,

If you are in the graphic design game eventually when it picks up, you will advertise yourself on the work, flyers etc you will do!

To get started I can only suggest that you email (however keep it simple and not spam full i.e saying you are the best thing since sliced bread) - just point out that you are here to the company you email , your contact details and if they ever wanted to use your services then to keep you on record/in mind.

What companies you contact is up to you. It's B2B sales really. What do you provide that the other business can gain from? Do you do printing? Who needs printing? Do you do wedding invitations? Pop a few in some local wedding shops - and while you there ask if they need any work doing!
    Not to drop a bomb on you, however it's a hard game to get into, when quite a few do it - including a friend of mine, so I wish you the best of luck and if I can help just PM me.

My business unfortunately is currently relying on people coming to me, and I can only promote myself to them at this current time, it's 50/50 and with my hard work I am sure it will grow, unfortuantely I am not in your position where I can send email's to companies. I have spent a tidy sum (although saved a fortune doing my own adverts/designs of) in advertising in local rags, magazine and I have walked a few mile handing out flyers. Hey, it's working as people are noticing my brand, more than I expected if honest as for 1000 flyers, 10 people will look, 3 inquire so they say!

By the way, please say what you offer here and maybe you may get some takers!

Chris

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Posted: Oct 7, 2010 By: sinclairsea Member since: Oct 4, 2010
  3. Homshaw

Homshaw UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

811 99
    I would start with a well designed letter and leaflet (which displays your tallents) to local companies with a follow up phone call.

Joining the Business Link register for approved suppliers costs nothing and could get a few jobs

Go to the libary and look for a good book on marketing a small business.

Don't make any long-term expensive commitments to advertising unless it is proved to work, I see people spend hundreds and get no results. There are lots of people out their ready to prey on new vunerable businesses

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 By: Homshaw Member since: Apr 18, 2008
  4. commercial sports managem

commercial sports managem UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 0
    Im sure i can help you advertise in the area where your business is based to ensure you maximise your advertising potential. I have sent you a personal message with my contact details.

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 By: commercial sports managem Member since: Oct 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.