Whats the best online FREE advertising for your business?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by SocialMediaUncovered, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend

29,730 6,639
    I can only advise anyone looking for good SEO to make sure the company advertising can show good rankings for competative keywords or phrases across a wide range of industries.

If a site does not show examples of actual rankings achieved beware.!

Earl

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  2. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

10,970 2,239
    Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  3. Valeri

Valeri UKBF Newcomer

28 6
    Well, there are many ways you can do some free advertising for your business... Start a blog about your business and build a squidoo lens directly related to your business... Then do some article marketing, its free and all you have to do is write 300-500 word article focused on a keyword related to your business and include a url at the bottom of the article to your website and you will have heaps of direct visitors to your business website for free! ITS easy to do...
    Hope This Helps everyone :)

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: Valeri Member since: Oct 14, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Accomplished SEO UK

Accomplished SEO UK UKBF Newcomer

21 3
    Hi Earl,

You make a very good point here, and we are an agency which pride ourselves on building and maintaining rankings for clients, one thing we never give out is rankings for our clients without their consent, as we believe client confidentiality is paramount!

It is for this reason we are giving away a free SEO contract, as we wish to have relevent case studies on our website, as the lucky winner will be published, along with all of there rankings.

To help people on here see us as a transparent agency, I have had a quick search around for some of our targetted keywords and have included them below, Column 1 is the keyword, Column 2 is Google UK and Column 3 Google WWW

SEO Blackburn 1 1
    SEO Blackpool 3 3
    SEO Bolton 5 5
    SEO Bradford 1 1
    SEO Bury 12 12
    SEO Cannock 1 1
    SEO Castlefield 1 1
    SEO Chester 7 7
    SEO Chesterfield 1 1
    SEO Chorley 1 1
    SEO Crewe 1 1
    SEO Derby 1 1
    SEO Doncaster 4 4
    SEO Ellesmere Port 1 1
    SEO Halifax 11 30
    SEO Harrogate 7 6

I hope this helps in anyones decision to enter our Free SEO competition

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: Accomplished SEO UK Member since: Oct 14, 2008
  5. greeneast

greeneast UKBF Contributor

145 15
    We have optimised for multiple keywords especially on the new site. I am trying to get 50 keywords to first page as a personal goal, by January.

Thanks Valeri I will give that a try. I did actually set up a new blog last night but need to add some content as yet.

Thanks UKSBD will take a look at that directory too.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: greeneast Member since: Oct 5, 2008
  6. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

10,970 2,239
    Ignore the prices, set up a free listing, PM me, and I will give you a free upgrade.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  7. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend

29,730 6,639
    I take it you get a lot of work promoting other SEO companies.?:)

Earl

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  8. Accomplished SEO UK

21 3
    We have targetted these areas as they are all within around a 60 minute commute of our base office in south manchester, allowing us to serve a clientbase with a face to face approach. However we are more than comfortable working on a telephone basis or travelling around the country for clients as per the big boys in the industry.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: Accomplished SEO UK Member since: Oct 14, 2008
  9. Valeri

Valeri UKBF Newcomer

28 6
    I Have 3 favorite advertising methods that i use day to day to run my affiliate campaigns...

These Are:

Blogs: Blogs are free to set up and can send some great traffic to your company website if you optimize that blog, make it relevant to your business, post in it nearly every day and make it interesting :) FREE to use

Squidoo: Squidoo is becoming very popular tool in marketing world and it allows you to build a little information page about anything... You can build a lens based on your business and send the traffic you get from this lens straight to your website... FREE to set up and use... Go to http://www.squidoo.com

Article Marketing : This is a powerful method to let people know about you and your business... You can join a free article submission online and post as many free articles related to your business as you like... You need to write an article containing about 350-500 words using main keyword that is related to your business 5-7 times in the article to optimise it for search engines and include a link to your business at the bottom of the article to send traffic to your business site :)

Hope This Is Helpful...

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 By: Valeri Member since: Oct 14, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. neil358

neil358 UKBF Contributor

28 12
    Hi,

i have been using UPAGUMTREE, it is mostly area specfic and requires reposting advert every month (or there abouts), also i have been using freeindex.

Both of these i have found have performed pretty well, Google seems to favour UPAGUMTREE for some reason, which performs very well on searches.

With freeindex i have put a link on my Blindology Blinds of Plymouth website, which then entitles me to have a premium account (also good link), customers can leave feedback also, market your products etc.

Another is Google itself, sign up for a business account (FREE), I think it is business solutions you need to click on, then fill in your details and viola.

I hope this all helps, it has helped my business out, hope it helps yours.

Blindology Blinds of Plymouth: "Enhancing your window to the world"

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: neil358 Member since: Oct 9, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Accomplished SEO UK

21 3
    For everyone that is interested in this competition, the exact url is:
    http://www.accomplishedseo.co.uk/Free-SEO-Analysis/free-seo-contract.html

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: Accomplished SEO UK Member since: Oct 14, 2008
  12. G. Lasagne

G. Lasagne UKBF Legend

2,323 432

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: G. Lasagne Member since: Mar 12, 2008
  13. neil358

neil358 UKBF Contributor

28 12
    Hi Dave:(

i have the link but i cant send on forum :| (not enough posts yet) i am a newbie!!!

try this :)worldwideweb.gumtree.com:)

Does that make sense.

If it works good luck, you can add 3 pictures to adverts, very easy to update etc.

All the best

Neil the newbie!!

Blindology Blinds of Plymouth
    "Enhancing your window to the world"

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: neil358 Member since: Oct 9, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. G. Lasagne

G. Lasagne UKBF Legend

2,323 432
    Thanks mate try www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk i have had 10 visits to my website in the last month. the owner is on this forum(uksbd), top bloke and he upgraded my listing for free.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: G. Lasagne Member since: Mar 12, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  15. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

10,970 2,239

Posts like that make it worth while ;)

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. JustOneUK

JustOneUK UKBF Legend

3,568 268
    You rank 1 for SEO Blackburn (and all other locations) with a page I cannot reach via your navigation..... that's a bit grey for me

what's the prize? 1 hours SEO per month? 15 minutes?

what's this line all about?

:|

Thanks in adv...
    James.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: JustOneUK Member since: Nov 19, 2005
  17. jcoutts

jcoutts UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Hi,

I have an SEO article writing service if any of you are interested.

John.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 By: jcoutts Member since: Oct 17, 2008
  18. SocialMediaUncovered

SocialMediaUncovered UKBF Contributor

169 22
    Just out of interest - where did you find the student to do the work for you?

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 By: SocialMediaUncovered Member since: Sep 29, 2008
  19. Accomplished SEO UK

21 3

Firstly to answer your query regarding the SEO blackburn listing, using seo blackburn as a example, if you hover over local locations, move the mouse down to SEO Lancashire, and across to seo blackburn (top of the fly-out) you will find seo blackburn - so im not exactly sure whats grey hat about that? please elaborate?

The contract is for a full seo optimisation of your website, if this takes 1 months work non stop and 3 days a month then its not a problem, and the only reason the line is in there (which will be amended to be clearer - thank you for pointing out this [FONT=&quot]Ambiguity) is if a brand new website looking to appear under the keyword of mortgages, with a website completely lacking any form of basic seo ie built in flash. In this case we would require the website to be rebuilt using static HTML.

We build all of the links in house, however in an industry which requires a campaign which would be over 10k per annum, we would strongly reccommend entry into certain paid directories, and this is another instance where the client would be liable to pay those costs only.

I hope this clarifies your concerns, and if you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.
    [/FONT]

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 By: Accomplished SEO UK Member since: Oct 14, 2008
  20. Jay147

Jay147 UKBF Newcomer

11 4
    Hiya Neil358

So it is Gumtree?? your post was confusing with upagumtree. Sorry probably just me being stupid. LOL.

Gasangel if you need any help with gumtree I can do that for you.
    The key to Gumtree is to post loads of ads every day to really make the most of the 6 million monthly visitors to the site. You will need to know the main demographic and the busiest categories to go at.

Let me know as I have a whole instruction written up in word on exactly how to post hundreds of ads every week on gumtree.
    I am in MLM and recruit people every month without spending a penny online.

Happy to help if I can.

Jay

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 By: Jay147 Member since: Oct 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.