Web Creation UK - anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by deniser, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deniser

deniser UKBF Legend Free Member

8,090 1,699
    I'm thinking of using Web Creation UK for a new project. External reviews seem good and prices are incredibly low - work is done overseas.

Has anyone any experience of this company?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  2. office ruler

office ruler UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 1
    yeah ive had a few dealings with them and they seem decent

check my website

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 By: office ruler Member since: Mar 23, 2009
  3. deniser

8,090 1,699
    Your website looks great.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  4. office ruler

office ruler UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 1
    thanks for your feedback much appreciated

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 By: office ruler Member since: Mar 23, 2009
  5. MrMen

MrMen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 0
    Please don't use these people. I have joined this forum as i really can't see someone go through what i have. They will take your money, send all your info to someone in India and then not bother with you again. Your site will be late being completed and if you are really lucky like me you will have a copyright case on your hands from where they copy the site that YOU put on your brief to them (you have to tell them what sites you like as required fields). They might be cheap but you certainly get what you pay for. If you want any info on this then please PM me. I am not a competitor which is what they would have you believe!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: MrMen Member since: Mar 30, 2009
  6. streetslocal

streetslocal UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,046 363
    Elvis once sung Suspicious Minds.............:rolleyes:

And i think i may have one right now...

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: streetslocal Member since: Nov 27, 2007
  7. streetslocal

streetslocal UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,046 363
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Track covering maybe:eek:

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: streetslocal Member since: Nov 27, 2007
  8. MrMen

MrMen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 0
    Is this aimed at me? Like i stated, i can offer proof if the OP wants it.

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: MrMen Member since: Mar 30, 2009
  9. DambTech

DambTech UKBF Newcomer Free Member

321 41
    There are a few problems with working with overseas companies the main one been the time difference and when you will be able to speak to someone.

Try a few things before you make your mind up, send a email see how quick they reply to it and ask for a list of customers so you can confirm there service. Going by price alone is not really a good reason to go with some you need to check what there support is like.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Dave

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: DambTech Member since: Apr 24, 2008
  10. Mister B

Mister B UKBF Ace Free Member

2,375 535
    Out of curiosity Deniser, are you in dialogue with anybody from the forum?

Mister B

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  11. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,234 8,881
    It's not the price or even the fact that they oursource. The problem is that there is no support. Once the site has been delivered you are on your own, any requests for changes are met with silence. And getting hold of the source code is almost impossible as is transferreing to another host.

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  12. david8765

david8765 UKBF Regular Free Member

146 36
    Have you actually met someone who has used them or is this based on net research?

there is a big difference between cheap and value for money. There are many ways of producing websites that are very cheap but most of the time you will get what you pay for.

When we design websites for clients we have an ongoing relationship with them. We get to know our clients as people as well as the business they run. We constantly seek feedback throughout the design and build to make sure they get the exact website they need and want. We certainly feel this relationship is vital when creating a website and indeed goes beyond finishing the website as we support clients in making the most of the new site.

You wont get anywhere near the same level of input if they are building it overseas infact I doubt you will get any information about the site until its finished.

The thing is that websites are tools, make sure you dont get a tool that doesnt do the job it was suposed to.

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: david8765 Member since: Mar 6, 2009
  13. maryum

maryum UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 3
    I have worked with them they have really professional staff so you can easily continue with them without any hesitation

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: maryum Member since: Mar 28, 2009
  14. Blush

Blush UKBF Newcomer Full Member

1,135 78
    I would be wary, I prefer to work with someone I can meet face to face.

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: Blush Member since: Mar 22, 2007
  15. deniser

8,090 1,699
    Not sure what you mean?

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  16. deniser

8,090 1,699
    The sales team is very responsive. I have no problem with the time difference and prefer to deal by email anyway - I do this with my existing web developer who is less than a mile away! Hosting wasn't an issue either as we had already agreed that I could host it elsewhere.

One important issue for me was having an ongoing relationship after the site has been handed over to make later changes and updates (that's the problem I am facing at the moment) and that question wasn't answered satisfactorily so I won't be going ahead.

I think in certain circumstances - if you need a straightforward site and can specify exactly what you want - this could be a great value for money transaction.

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  17. Crystal07

Crystal07 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi Mr Men, I was stupid to get involved with WebCreationUK and I regret the day I paid them deposit for the site. IF ANYONE IS THINKING OF USING THEM PLEASE DON'T! I paid them deposit 4 months ago and we still don't even have a home page designed. There nice when selling but don't want to know once you've paid the money. Mr Men, can you get in touch to share the experience, please? I am going to take this company to court as have no other options left.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 By: Crystal07 Member since: Apr 7, 2009
  18. haversackboy

haversackboy Guest

2 0
    hi all

i have had a few sites developed with webcreationuk and although i have had a few communication issues durring the development process i have always found it easy to get hold of someone in the head office or request a call back.

dont get me wrong i have had better customer experiences with uk based designers but the saving and quality of work with this company really did outweigh any delays i had. also i found them very responsive with the aftersevice i requested and often did things (like transfer my hosting) fee free.

all i can suggest is to give the company a call and leave a message if you cant speak to one of the team... this always worked for me :)

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 By: haversackboy Member since: Apr 7, 2009
  19. Crystal07

Crystal07 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Haversackboy, can we all see the links to your "few" sites? Of course you can call a company, but sales team is not the one who is doing the site. Your designer is based (I am guessing) in India with grasp of English below basic. Scary... Anything I asked for to do was ignored and designs I received were so basic that a 5 year old can do better job.

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 By: Crystal07 Member since: Apr 7, 2009
  20. Ali-v-8

Ali-v-8 UKBF Legend Full Member

5,336 1,193
    I think you should use a uk based company who you can call.
    post your requirements and see what people offer you.
    I have had quite a few client who have purchase websites from companies who outsource to India.
    I cant say design is bad but from an SEO and User experience point of view i would object.
    When you receive your website changes will take a long time to implement.
    A lot of the time the content is copied from another website.
    Laws in India are totally different to UK so any refund issues you can forget it.
    Buy British.

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 By: Ali-v-8 Member since: May 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.