Need advice on importing clothing from China.

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Ceaton, Aug 13, 2017.

1. O. Julian

O. Julian UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 1
    DON’TS When Importing From China

(1)Don’t buy in bulk until you have seen the samples and LIKED them

(2)Don’t listen to supplier who try to tell you that they can’t ship samples; they might just be trying to scam you

(3)Don’t pay with your ATM card. Use PayPal at least for the first 6 months until you fully trust your supplier.

(4)Don’t buy counterfeit products.

(5)Don’t buy a lot of items on your first order. You can start off buying 1-5 units at a time until you build up the money to re-invest into your inventory.

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 By: O. Julian Member since: Jul 6, 2017
  2. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,313 572
    Your question is so big you should probably search for a good book on Amazon about this.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  3. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

10,191 2,058
    Moonswamp
    So no mention of Quality control either during manufacture or pre shipping, meaning any garbage will be paid for well before the items arrive and you find they are out of spec

Posted: May 11, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  4. Stedurham

Stedurham UKBF Regular Free Member

311 41
    I would avoid china unless you have an agent in china, we had massive problems with containers full of goods no fault with manufacturer, but more shipping side, eventually had to pay an agent in china to make sure we got what we ordered shipped. Then after 7/8 batches quality dropped and we sourced again in uk albeit more expensive but better service and product

Posted: May 11, 2018 By: Stedurham Member since: May 11, 2018
  5. Stedurham

Stedurham UKBF Regular Free Member

311 41
    Cant agree more we had to many quality issues with china, wouldn't contemplate childrens items just imagine if that goes wrong, as you wont get into the same factories that the big players use

Posted: May 11, 2018 By: Stedurham Member since: May 11, 2018
  6. hongfunclothing

hongfunclothing UKBF Contributor Free Member

48 0
    Hi Ceaton,

We custom clothing for many UK customers, and I suggest place a sample order before bulk production to check the clothing material, design, size, color, and printing quality.
    When you confirm everything is good then start to proceed your order. It take times, but you can avoid many mistakes.

Posted: May 11, 2018 By: hongfunclothing Member since: Oct 16, 2014
  7. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

10,191 2,058
    Factories used by the big boys are costed down to the extreme low to produce a item , even so the buying power guarantees a low price with high quality, say a ford car not a Rolls Royce

Smaller factories will cost more than the big factories but quality can be much lower

confucius still exists

Posted: May 11, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  8. Furqan721

Furqan721 UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 4
    For small orders and less budget in starting of your business, I would recommend you to go for Pakistan based suppliers, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are also good options.

Posted: May 19, 2018 By: Furqan721 Member since: Feb 26, 2018
  9. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,935 780
    I'm happy to offer advice.

Hope it helps!

Posted: May 24, 2018 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  10. postbrexitandbeyond

postbrexitandbeyond UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 3
    I neither would advise you to buy from China during the start of your business, because if you are not going to order in bulk, then it won't make much sense.

Posted: May 24, 2018 By: postbrexitandbeyond Member since: May 6, 2018
  11. BNBusinessProtection

BNBusinessProtection UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 2
    Using your own designs comes with a multitude of potential trade mark issues. Happy to help if we can.

Posted: May 29, 2018 By: BNBusinessProtection Member since: May 27, 2018
  12. BNBusinessProtection

BNBusinessProtection UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 2
    We also know at first hand the issues and lack of regulation in China when it comes to producing trade marked products!

Posted: May 29, 2018 By: BNBusinessProtection Member since: May 27, 2018
  13. RjMaan

RjMaan UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 5
    Well, i appreciate your business plan because it seams very attractive. You will gain good reputation and earn a lot of money once you find out the solutions related to supply chain problems. I think first of all you should think about making your own brand or company in your city. Once you have done with the Company Registration requirements. The next challenge for you is to contact the Chinese manufacturer. You can contact them from their official website. I think you will get all the necessary details on their site that how you can contact them. Once you have proper dealing with them, you will start selling those clothes in your local market.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 By: RjMaan Member since: Mar 26, 2018
  14. Scott Smith

Scott Smith UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Try to attend trade fairs related to garment industry in China, and I'm sure you would surely get some genuine leads from there.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 By: Scott Smith Member since: May 24, 2018
  15. Devin Murphy

Devin Murphy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 2
    Yes you need to register your self as a a importer and then you get licence for carrying out business. for importing cloths from chine i would say Alibaba is a great place and you van get thousands of merchants. but before calling the Product please ask him to send sample of his work and after receiving the product you need to bear the custom and pay to the authorities.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 By: Devin Murphy Member since: Jul 2, 2018
  16. GrahamB41

GrahamB41 UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 1
    I must be the only one who has had a great experience with importing made goods from China. Lucked out with a solid factory who are reliable and reasonably priced. It's not all bad for some i suppose.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 By: GrahamB41 Member since: Sep 11, 2017
  17. AMSUSER

AMSUSER UKBF Contributor Full Member

30 4
    Be aware of scams. Always ask for a sample. Every supplier will have a Paypal Account. If not, it is not a good idea do to business with him. Choose to go with one supplier if you really love the product. Try to negotiate the shipping process. It can be complicated, you can ask your supplier to help you in exchange future orders. Show that your have a solid business development and sales strategy. That he is part of it and that good business together would be profitable.

Don’t use your personal email address and be careful of your personal information.

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 By: AMSUSER Member since: Jul 20, 2018
  18. ssasoft

ssasoft UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    firstly you should register yourself for trading then you can import from china and you can attach stickers to product and can sell with your brand name.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 By: ssasoft Member since: May 31, 2018
  19. Taobao agent

Taobao agent UKBF Contributor Full Member

73 0
    Actually it is better to find an agent for the first time. They know how to go step by step which save you lots of trouble. And you can also learn a lot from them.

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 By: Taobao agent Member since: Jul 23, 2018
  20. Dario.c

Dario.c UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 2
    Could you share the results of this? Was this a successful process?

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 By: Dario.c Member since: Aug 23, 2018