How's our saas site looking?

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Cha_james, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Cha_james

Cha_james UKBF Contributor Free Member

36 0
    We've built a software as a service site to automate sms reminders for small businesses. It's optimised for desktop, but would really appreciate people's thoughts on how it's looking. Any advice at all we'd be really grateful for.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Posted: Jun 5, 2018 By: Cha_james Member since: May 22, 2018
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,229 10,156
    You have a popup that asks for my email address as soon as I land on the site.

So I didn't bother looking any further.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Cha_james

36 0
    Fair enough, to be honest we have no way right now after stricter regulations regarding cold emailing of contacting large amounts of people, so gathering contacts is something we’re struggling with which is why we made it.

If you think it’s a particularly large turn off then we may remove it as a pop up and place it on the site as normal, although so far we haven’t seen many bounces due to it and most people move past it.

4. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    Why do you need to gather contacts?

Far better to get warm leads after they have viewed the service on offer. Which I have now looked at and can't see a demo. All you want me to do is sign up.

There are no contact details on the site. That would be enough to make me wary.

The calendar UI is very dated (and doesn't work very well) and the copy is badly written. I'm assuming English isn't your first language.

And it's not responsive. So that's going to put a lot of people off.

5. Cha_james

36 0
    I think you will find there are indeed contact details on the site, there is a contact page in the footer on every page, as well as a Hotjar contact form and a companies house contact.

The calendar UI is a plug-in and achieves the job for an MVP in our opinion, and without having made an account (which I can see you have not) there is no way you would be able to tell if it works well or not as it is disabled until an account has been made.

I assure you the copy and language is all correct and English is all of our first language, and with respect I do not feel we need to take grammatical advice from yourself considering your posts.

I’m not sure how responsive you expect an MVP to be, and I am not sure if you are viewing on mobile or desktop, but again we feel the desktop version is responsive enough, and is not a vital aspect in an MVP.

To be completely honest we are feeling as though this isn’t constructive criticism coming from yourself. Due to the fact there are a few points you have raised which we strongly feel are unfair and others that we know there is no way of you fairly judging, I don’t think it would be a good decision on our behalf to take your opinions on board and will wait for other responses that may appear less hostile.

Apologies.

6. KAC

KAC UKBF Ace Free Member

1,425 340
    FWIW I also can't see any contact details, Charlie, apart from the Companies House number. No company name. No Address. No telephone number

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
  7. Cha_james

36 0
    Hi, thanks for your reply, the link for the contact page is on the bottom left of the footer under admin, however considering your struggle finding it I’ve mentioned to my colleagues we’re going to have to make that more prominent and put more details in.

We’ll make sure to include the company name, address and number before we take it past MVP you’re probably right. At the moment we have no office so we were reluctant to put personal addresses or numbers straight away, but it’s something we can definitely sort out.

Cheers

8. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    I looked at the site on my phone and it’s not responsive.

I looked at the info boxes on the calendar and they don’t make sense.

I know I don’t have an account but you are showing me a calendar with fields when I can add data. There is no indication that I need to be logged in. I thought it was a demo.

The plugin isn’t good. Some css tweaks would make it a lot better.

But the site needs to work well on a mobile phone. It doesn’t at present.

9. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    On this page: https://client-link.co.uk/contact_us the pricing link doesn't work.

Unless the browser window is full screen half the appointment fields are hidden (because it's not responsive).

I can't type in or copy a date. The 'year' is hidden by the selector (because the date picker is too narrow).

There are no T&C. You are asking for my card details with nothing on the site to indicate who you are or the conditions of joining.

The company in the footer is Haven Plans Ltd. That's naughty and can get you into all sorts of trouble.

On a moible phone you can't escape the popups (two of them). Google will punish you for this.

The FAQ page has a poor UX - the questions hide on hover and the content jumps up and down.

The URL in the footer displays as cloudfront. Because you use their services There is zero content on any of the pages. Which means Google can't rank you for anything at all.

All the the page descriptions are "Bubble introduces a new way to build a web application. It’s a point-and-click programming tool. Bubble hosts all applications on its cloud platform".

Hopefully less hostile.

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  10. Simon-M

Simon-M UKBF Ace Free Member

2,826 642
    Is this right? You want me to input my appointments on your website and then you send my client a reminder. Have I got that right?

OR am I missing the whole point of this?

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 By: Simon-M Member since: Nov 16, 2007