General Business Forum Brought to you by Total Gas & Power

How to truly get recognized

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Mr N.B, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Mr N.B

Mr N.B UKBF Newcomer Free Member

24 1
    Hello, my name is Nathan

I have developed my own website along with all the relevant domains, also I have signed up to some trade contracting companies eg getaroofer, bidvine where a customer will request what job they need done and I buy the leads. i feel this is not the best way at all to gain workflow, ideally I need to be noticed on the first or second page on google. I understand this takes time and isn't something that happens over night. I have been quoted from multiple services such as; total CEO, but the price is out of my budget at present.
    I have started a bespoke/designer GRP fibreglass company but I am not reaching the correct clientele, not to long ago I posted on here and I was asked 'whats my target market' if im totally honest I don't no? I would say my target market is the wealthy, but not necessarily!

Any advice is much appreciated.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: Mr N.B Member since: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

8,990 908
    To truly get recognised, win the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Otherwise advertising tends to work.

What advertising have you done?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Mr N.B

24 1
    I have created various social media pages and signed to trade contracting companies.

4. Mr N.B

24 1
    I am brilliant at my job ill overcome any obstacle, I am really struggling with the marketing side off things.

5. XombiCreative

XombiCreative UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 13
    Have you tried advertising locally?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: XombiCreative Member since: Dec 20, 2017
  6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

29,051 8,571
    Why? Unless your prospective customers are looking on these sites for services like yours it's not going to achieve much.
    And have these generated any leads?
    It can happen overnight. You just need to know what you are doing.

But you have a wix site and no matter how much you try you will never get onto page one of Google.

If you want to attract and convert leads you need to stop using wix and get some help building a proper website. There are so many things wrong with your current website I don't even know where to start.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. Mr N.B

24 1
    if I am honest I don't no how to go about advertising, also I am sole trading at present will this effect advertisement?

8. Mr N.B

24 1
    I strongly agree my website will not be to solid, I have made it myself. how do I go about a new website do I need to pay someone to make one from scratch?

9. mattk

mattk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,555 675
    First off Nathan, I'd suggest most people don't know what a "bespoke/designer GRP fibreglass company" actually does and therefore people might not know they actually need your services, even if they do.

Is your target market consumers (so homeowners, landlords etc) or trade? I have to admit, your web site looks OK, but I am still unsure what GRP roofing actually is.

You need to try and think like your customer. What are the uses of GRP roofing and what are the benefits of GRP over tiles, which most people seem to have on top of their homes.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  10. fisicx

29,051 8,571
    You do need to start again.

But before you do that you need to do as @mattk suggests and do some research.

For example, people don't want a GRP roof. What they want is an extension, a new roof, skylights and so on. They probably haven't even considered GRP as a roofing material so won't be searching for this. And even then they will call if fibreglass not GRP.

So maybe before even considering paying for a new website, you need to pay someone to help with your marketing (of which a website and advertising will be a part).

11. HazelC

HazelC UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

961 225
    I'm not sure how you think sole trading could affect advertising; I'm a sole trader and so far this has not affected my advertising in anyway?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: HazelC Member since: Sep 7, 2013
  12. HazelC

HazelC UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

961 225
    Agreed with advice given; think what Joe Public will be searching for on Google and make these landing pages or blog posts (or both) on your website. I wouldn't know what that term was either... let alone if I wanted / needed it?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: HazelC Member since: Sep 7, 2013
  13. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Full Member

11,803 4,067
    Find people like me in your local area, who specify flat roof coverings for extensions and dormers. Incentivise them to specify your product and recommend you.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  14. Mr N.B

24 1
    this is extremely helpful, i really do appreciate all your time.

15. Mr N.B

24 1
    GRP is short for glass reinforced plastic this is a fibre matin sheet reinforced with polyester resin finished with a liquid plastic top coat. this is a roof covering for all flat roofs but also balconies, pools, ponds ect. there are many roofing companies offering this service, but im trying to bring in a new system where my roofs or what ever service it may be is transparent, offering any visual effect/ image for I final finish result.

I understand where I am going wrong with consistently using the term "GRP" along with other keywords, I do need seek advice from marketing experts, even then I don't how/ who to approach for this.

16. fisicx

29,051 8,571
  17. Mr N.B

24 1
    thank you!

18. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

6,811 1,487
    Who are your target customers @Mr N.B.?

How do your competitors promote their services?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  19. Mr N.B

24 1
    my target is consumers, homeowners, landlords.
    I am unsure if im honest

20. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

6,811 1,487
    These categories are far too broad to help you.

Let's go back to the beginning.

Based on the research you carried out to identify there was a market for your business, and based on you previously providing this service, who are your target markets and how do you reach them?

1. Consumers mean anyone who buys a product or service so this is meaningless in this context.

2. Your target market is not any householders. Many householders are those who rent for example. They are not your target market.

3. Why would a landlord want your product? I am a landlord. I don't own a property that I rent with a flat roof, a balcony or a pond, Therefore landlords are not your target market.

You only want people who are in the market for your product. Who exactly are they? You need to understand what sort of people want to build or replace a flat roof, balcony or pond.

This is where you need to focus your research.

Once you understand this, then you need to look at how you reach them. This could as mentioned above be through influencers such as a planning consultant, an architect, a developer etc.

There will also be channels where you can reach them directly.

Alongside this, you need to identify the benefits of using your service/products.

Only then can you look at how you market your service.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009