Boost to sales?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Mr D, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,926 3,037
    Saw a trend recently, sales increased.

Mine started 12 days ago, speaking to some other eBay and Amazon sellers they also have experienced increased sales of varying percentages starting 12 to 7 days ago. Different products, different customer demographic, different price ranges. 6 other sellers spoken to today, all have increased sales.

And this is not just Christmas, that is already factored into estimated sales figures.
    This is above that level. One seller had 15 percent increase per month prior to 10 days ago, average of 82 percent since on Amazon.

Anyone else finding the lockdowns are impacting e-commerce sales?

Oh and any alcohol sellers among you, now would be a great time to market to Scotland!

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  2. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

263 44
    MR D, it must stand for something.... anyway great you are seeing an increase in sales but not sure why we all need to hear about it? Glad your doing good don't get me wrong, but might not seem very compassionate to those who are impacted severely by this crisis.

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  3. alan1302

alan1302 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,653 309
    This is a business forum - you would expect people to not be as soft and able to talk about successes and failures.

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  4. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

263 44
    each to their own i guess.... personally i see this as a place to get advice when struggling not to gloat.

Maybe I should start gloating about business here if that is acceptable.

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  5. alan1302

alan1302 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,653 309
    People can learn from how you have achieved as much as from how you have lost

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,926 3,037
    Is it a blip? Is it a wide ranging boost? Is it sustainable? Should it be included in planning?
    Answers need data - will be asking on multiple sites not just here.

To me 7 businesses do not make a good sample size. Perhaps 30 or 40 would be better. Over a hundred would be great. Perhaps will get that many.

Some businesses involve a lot of planning months or even years in advance. Wait until afterwards for the data or get it fresh while can take advantage of it?

And if e-commerce sellers do badly this year of all years then perhaps something is wrong in business models.

Oh and severely impacted by this crisis? You do not know how other businesses are impacted.

Never presume a business doing well with some stuff is not also negatively impacted too. Been to a wedding recently?
    Gone on international flights recently? Has stuff even been for sale the entire year?

I cannot change the virus. Just have to deal with the world as it is and as can plan for the future.

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Alison Moore

Alison Moore UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

660 128
    We're seeing businesses take a lot more interest in their online stores, as if another lockdown does happen (even if just regional to their area) then it's the only way they can ensure continuity of sales.

Also, from a consumers point of view, I think most of us had started to go out physical shopping (ie to shops), but with the spikes and scare mongering, a lot of people have decided just to stay at home, so we're back to ordering more online. Plus more people are working from home again, so they won't be popping to shops at luncthime either, so I'd imagine you'll see the online sales increase for a while yet.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 By: Alison Moore Member since: Aug 4, 2016
  8. Scottishgifts4u

Scottishgifts4u UKBF Contributor Free Member

99 33
    Talking to the DPD courier and he was saying he’s busier now than he was last Christmas.

So someone is making money. I just hope the little guys are getting some of it and not just Amazon.

Makes me wish I’d kept my online shop open now :(.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 By: Scottishgifts4u Member since: Jul 6, 2017
  9. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,965 1,945
    Personally I see it as a business forum to take in the ups and the downs of business life - it would be a dull old place if it was just about problems.

Lots of people are having it tough now - including me - but it doesn't detract from the fact that a few are benefitting from it

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  10. Aleksander_Gramm

Aleksander_Gramm UKBF Regular Free Member

183 13
    As a member of a webagency I've seen growing interest in ecommerce development since February (USA and UK).
    In my opinion COVID has sped up some cultural changes for all parties of shopping (suppliers, logistic services, sellers and buyers).

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 By: Aleksander_Gramm Member since: Dec 14, 2018
  11. Noob Business Girl

Noob Business Girl UKBF Contributor Free Member

50 0
    Glad to hear that. Did you use any form of advertising?

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 By: Noob Business Girl Member since: Jun 15, 2020