Accountancy / Sales Ledger Software

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by Dunny, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Dunny

Dunny UKBF Newcomer Free Member

141 31
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a low cost or free accountancy package / sales ledger that can help me manage basic invoicing please? Essentially I want to be able to create a customer, create a credit balance when they put money on account and then raise invoices against the credit. For those customers that don't put money on account I want to be able to create a customer, raise an invoice and at least record the payment against the invoice (once it comes in or if they pay cash) if not actually collect the invoice via Stripe or PayPal on the spot. Even better if the account creation is configurable so I can record each account as a signed up 'member' along with some customisable fields.

I have been doing this on Wix to date but it is cumbersome and not scaleable.

Not too bothered about the full accountancy element but I do want to be able to manage the sales process much better.

Thanks

D

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 By: Dunny Member since: Jan 28, 2011
  2. MJ Holohan

MJ Holohan UKBF Contributor Full Member

47 10
    Xero should be able to do this for you

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 9:48 AM By: MJ Holohan Member since: Dec 27, 2018
  3. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

12,543 2,337
    You can do that in Accounts Portal.

If you are doing all of that you really may as well keep full accounting records.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 9:55 AM By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008
  4. Dunny

Dunny UKBF Newcomer Free Member

141 31
    Thanks. Would I do this by just creating customer overpayments until such time as the service is delivered and the invoice is issued at which time I just apply the credit to the invoice?

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 3:36 PM By: Dunny Member since: Jan 28, 2011
  5. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

12,543 2,337
    You can, but you do need to be careful with tax points if you are VAT registered.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 3:48 PM By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008