Which E commerce and Point of sale system do you use

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by SMS. Sarah, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMS. Sarah

SMS. Sarah UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 1
    Hi Can any companies who have a retail shop (i.e bricks and mortar) and an ecommerce website let me know which website and point of sale system they use and does it work well ? many thanks

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 By: SMS. Sarah Member since: Mar 14, 2016
  2. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

259 44
    We have several customers who use OpenCart with a POS system plugin to handle in-store sales.

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  3. SMS. Sarah

SMS. Sarah UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 1
    Has no one got a shop?

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 By: SMS. Sarah Member since: Mar 14, 2016
  4. compostolian

compostolian UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 1
    I haven't got a B&M shop yet but am doing some research into POS systems at the moment. Our website is being built with WooCommerce and I've seen that there's a Woo Commerce POS extension (sorry can't post links yet but it's from Actuality Extensions)
    Has anyone used this?

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 By: compostolian Member since: Nov 6, 2015
  5. benjaminjones

benjaminjones UKBF Contributor Free Member

43 5
    Shopify is by far the best for me. Works perfectly and really nice and simple to set up

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 By: benjaminjones Member since: Apr 10, 2016
  6. techpro

techpro UKBF Contributor Free Member

45 8
    Actually, we are not working in B&M business, but we prepared an e-commerce website for one company with custom-made POS system on Magento Platform. So, you can try Magento as an e-commerce platform with custom-made Magento POS extensions.

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 By: techpro Member since: Jan 13, 2016
  7. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Ace Free Member

2,776 865
    Hi, we have a shop and and ecommerce site. We use our own system, which system we also supply to other businesses. We are pleased with it, but obviously I am hardly unbiased.

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 By: Paul Norman Member since: Apr 8, 2010
  8. MarekBober

MarekBober UKBF Regular Free Member

144 6
    Hi Sarah,

what you need is omnichanel selling platform which you have several choices.
    Wthat you do not need is e-commerce platform which will limit your business expansion- creates the need of re platforming. Choose platform which is well set on the market, with all in one functionality- no need of integration between modules delivered by different third party suppliers- this way you have one supplier who is responsible for solution and no responsibility ping pong game between companies. In case you have resources for in-house development and your business model require unique features- you might go for that- 96% of omnichanel players do not require any unique features in their business model.

Need an advice- drop me a line- happy to help.

Marek

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 By: MarekBober Member since: Feb 10, 2016
  9. RyanTrustSpot

RyanTrustSpot UKBF Contributor Free Member

46 8
    Speaking of our customers at Trustspot, most of them use hosted solutions such as Volusion, Bigcommerce or shopify. For POS systems, Square offers a great all-in-one solution that you might be interested in.

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 By: RyanTrustSpot Member since: Apr 1, 2016
  10. MarekBober

144 6
    I looked on Square- but it is complex POS only, there is not much about omnichannel, maybe I am misguided by what I see on the web page but there is not much for omnichannel seller. Yes in dead there is data collector support but n case your business grow from brick and mortar into omnichannel you need to get integration with third party software. This way you put two many fragile points in your platform installation. A better approach is to have one solid all in one solution with one supplier who carry out whole responsibility and cannot play a ping pong- it was not me...

This way you got one solid solution which makes you focus on main business scope. Customers launch online sales software to drive sales not becouse they like to develop and fix software- this is our job and resonsibility.

Happy to help

Marek

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 By: MarekBober Member since: Feb 10, 2016
  11. neils3

neils3 UKBF Regular Free Member

147 26
    I build all ecommerce shops on wordpress using woocommerce plugin. My wife and I launched a luxury gift store online a few years ago and it did the job and more! From an SEO point of view, it works incredibly as well, being on wordpress and all.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 By: neils3 Member since: Apr 17, 2014
  12. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,660 624
    I agree with @WebDesires, have a look at OpenCart with a POS Extension.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  13. MarekBober

144 6
    Hello Neil,

not all shop owners have a husband who is a developer- free of cost technical resources, some of them want to sell instead of software development project management. What about scalability and features- how many hours you had spent on development of your solution? Outsourcing is simply cheaper and more reliable for 99% of customers. How many parcels do you handle per day? When we talk about software which simply does its job we have in mind 50-1000 parcels a day.

In this business scale, there are features which simply are not worth to develop in-house, professional sales sell not develop own IT solutions, in-house development it is a bit like gambling- a lot of fun and proud when you are happy with output - but needs additional budget backup and luck

Happy to help
    Marek

14. neils3

147 26
    Hi Marek - I was simply answering the question around what website platform people use, and that's what I use and develop for others :)

15. MarekBober

144 6
    Hi Neil,

I know, but with business solutions is a bit like with business suits- tailored ones are required by those who either can afford them or need custom made. Rest can choose ready to go ones.

In a case of any issues with the suit, bespokers have the only tailor to fix bugs, ready to go has a big fashion house which cares about reputation and customers. It is always budget, features, time to a market- triangle.

Do you do fronts? Maybe there is a space to work- our professional backend and frontend from you. I am sure that this might be what UK wholesalers/retailers are looking for.

Happy to help
    Marek

16. neils3

147 26
    Thanks Marek, I don't have a need for this now, but thanks for asking.

17. MarekBober

144 6
    No Problem Neil, just in case: you will be in a position to work with us: you can design and connect any front trough SMARTY feature.

Happy to help
    Marek

18. astoller

astoller UKBF Contributor Free Member

43 3
    The most flexible system in terms of achieving high Google rankings is Woocommerce.
    Other systems can be optimized but have limitations, whether that be shopify or big commerce etc.
    Woo scores because it sits inside Wordpress which has a ton of freely available plugins to offer many tasty tools to get your site higher in Google.

Regardless of whether not you have a bricks and mortar store, this is the system we use to deliver high rankings to our clients.And we've got the results to prove it.

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 By: astoller Member since: Sep 27, 2006
  19. madams_ba

madams_ba UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 5
    Agree woocommerce is great in terms of extendability. You don't need to install everything at once but if you want to invest in your site you can do gradually with woocommerce

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 By: madams_ba Member since: Oct 11, 2011
  20. MarekBober

144 6
    Why you want to pay for features which you can get for free from one source- is there any logic reason behind? Just want to see if there are any advantages?

Happy to learn

Marek

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 By: MarekBober Member since: Feb 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.