Updating website - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Pet Nanny, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny UKBF Ace Full Member

1,237 89
    I have been updating my website and would like some feedback please.

https://www.ninasnanniesforpets.co.uk

The one thing I cannot understand is when I put a link to my website on twitter, there is no associated picture. Instead there is a blank box!

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,229 10,156
    The homepage looks the same - very busy with way too much information and not really focused. And it looks really wonky on my phone (but that's because of the theme you are using).

What have you updated?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Pet Nanny

1,237 89
    Have changed the blog so it is on a separate Wordpress platform, but linked it to the website. It is now mobile friendly and l thought looked much better!

4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,229 10,156
    Noooooooo!

Don't do this. Keep it all in one place with the same styling and everything. That way you can integrate everything to build a holistic whole.

On my phone as you scroll down different bits are different widths.

Does the video generate lots of new business?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. Pet Nanny

1,237 89
    I had so many problems when it was on the same platform. The text was different, the images would not load properly and the design was a complete mess. I received a quote to have it fixed but it was just too much, but apparently the coding was wrong, which was another fault from the idiot that redesigned it in the first place.
    People that visit our site say that they are impressed with the information and yes, surprisingly, they do watch the video, which I am told helps the SEO on the site.
    It is difficult trying to compete with larger business who have a far bigger budget than we do, but we really do have great feedback from the site as it is. I have largely given up on SEO since I no longer understand technology since my brain operation. I often say that my neurologist wired me up wrong. It is a good way of coping and of course, an excellent excuse for being stupid :)

6. james_firmsites

james_firmsites UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

596 152
    This is to do with the open graph image not being set correctly, facebook provide a tool: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ that allows you to see how posts will be seen by their site and refine yours until it works correctly.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 By: james_firmsites Member since: Dec 20, 2012
  7. Pet Nanny

1,237 89
    Would this affect my posts on twitter though? The link seems to be fine on FB, but its twitter where the problem is!