PayPal withdrawals now instant?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by a1anm, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andygambles

andygambles UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,628 688
    How would I know if it had worked the second time or the 6th time since it doesn't tell you it is reviewed until you submit the withdraw?

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 By: andygambles Member since: Jun 17, 2009
  2. alwaysinamess

alwaysinamess UKBF Regular Free Member

354 55
    Your not doing it right, read what I said again, before you submit you get a message telling you it will be under review, so then cancel and do it again, then you will get the message to say it will be done in 2 hours, if you keep getting the review message which is unlikely but can be AFAIK up to 6 times

First you withdraw, then you submit there are 2 screens, the second one you cancel

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 By: alwaysinamess Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  3. alwaysinamess

354 55
    Sorry, did not mean to sound rude there

4. cturbo

cturbo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

53 1
    yes I've noticed this, and very impressed .

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 By: cturbo Member since: Nov 9, 2010
  5. Raw Rob

Raw Rob UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,117 234
    But sometimes you get the "it will take 2 hours" screen, but they then review it anyway.

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 By: Raw Rob Member since: Aug 1, 2009
  6. andygambles

2,628 688
    Never had a screen say it will be reviewed always "it should take up to 2 hours" then about an hour later an email saying it is being reviewed.

7. alwaysinamess

354 55
    I have not experienced that myself, after learning about the first one, since we done it this way everything has come in pretty fast, once done you should get the email as below

You recently requested a withdrawal of funds to your bank account
    Dear ESSEX LAPTOPS LTD,
    You requested that the following amount be withdrawn to your bank account:
    Requested withdrawal amount: £****.00 GBP
    Bank account: NATWEST x‐****
    Transaction ID: *********
    Funds will take up to 2 hours to appear in your bank account, but may take longer, depending on your bank.
    As set out in our User Agreement, withdrawal requests may be subject to review by PayPal to help maintain your safe use of the PayPal service. As a result, it may take longer than the estimated processing time for your withdrawal to reach your bank account.
    Yours sincerely,
    PayPal

8. alwaysinamess

354 55
    It tells you on the 2 hour page it is being reviewed, thats when you back to cancel it, so try it if you dont think it does say it. What I will do is video it the next time I do one and post the link here so you see what I mean, however I do understand you are saying the review text is missing.

9. pollensa

pollensa UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    I think it is the value of a transaction in your account since the last 'empty' or the total value of the amount withdrawn that triggers the security review.

There is also an option where paypal empties automatically every night although I have not used that yet as my bank charges a fee for receiving money so I only empty it every 3 or 4 days to reduce my bank charges.

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 By: pollensa Member since: Oct 25, 2010
  10. andygambles

2,628 688
    You know what he is right :). Not sure if this is new or not as there never was an indication previously I am fairly certain. :D

11. Trisha&ChrisPlant

Trisha&ChrisPlant UKBF Regular Free Member

313 114
    I tried to do an instant withdrawal yesterday, but had the 'review' as well. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it's instant. I had phoned Paypal to ask why they had removed the option to do the quick transfer with the £5 charge and was told that it's now instant with no charge. That's really good. However, I have also had the Paypal debit card for about six months - which I find really useful - can use it for paying my postage at the post office - and in the supermarket as well!

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  12. Trisha&ChrisPlant

Trisha&ChrisPlant UKBF Regular Free Member

313 114
    Grrrr...I tried it this morning and clicked through the screens too quickly! I noticed the line about 'review' just at the same as I clicked the confirm button. Duh!! So that's twice I've tried to withdraw to test the new faster system and twice I've been thwarted :rolleyes:

I hope this doesn't happen every time.

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  13. CrLucch

CrLucch UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 1
    I wish I knew this before. I had my account temporarily kept on hold before when I used a new 4g modem from a different ISP that I have always used. I was expecting to receive a fund transfer when my account got locked when I try to access it using the new modem. Good thing I only needed to submit proof of identity to get access on my account back.

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 By: CrLucch Member since: Sep 20, 2012
  14. JMRidley

JMRidley UKBF Regular Full Member

437 129
    It may just be coincidence but for us a trigger for a review seems to be if we try to make a withdrawal which is very close in time to the last payment that we have had into our account, particularly if the amount that we are trying to withdraw includes all or part of that payment. As someone else said earlier, a review seems less likely if you leave £40/50 in the account.

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 By: JMRidley Member since: Nov 12, 2010
  15. easiprint

easiprint UKBF Newcomer Free Member

611 134
    Nope, does not work. I've tried about 10 times yesterday and again today about 10 times with the cancel and try again option. Tried various amounts, right down to withdrawing £50 leaving hundreds in there, but still get the review message. :(

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 By: easiprint Member since: Apr 22, 2008
  16. Chris34

Chris34 UKBF Regular Free Member

522 143
    Essexlaptops - Thanks a million, just had that review screen come up, cancelled the withdrawal as you said, it then went back a page to where you enter the amount and the amount was still showing so I clicked on submit and it went forward to the review page. So I clicked cancel again and this time it just sent me back to the account overview page. I then tried everything again and it was fine, no warnings about any reviews and it just said it will be in the account up to 2 hours.

I would think that this is a computer generated random review, 1 in every 3 withdrawals is probably put under review, by cancelling it and trying again you are effectively rejoining the withdrawals queue and have another 1 in 3 chance of being put under review.

All fun and games as always.

Chris.

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: Chris34 Member since: Feb 3, 2009
  17. TheGeekestLink

TheGeekestLink UKBF Regular Free Member

369 23
    I can shine some light on this issue now.

I mailed PayPal yesterday and they said the new computer system randomly selects a number of accounts to hold regular reviews. They said the reviewing will return to a standard (non reviewed) account in time once the system is satisfied that things are normal with the account, but to speed it along, that we should withdraw money every day to help move things along.

So that's what I've been doing. Hope that helps.

Hopefully, I won't have many more days of 21+ hour reviews.

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: TheGeekestLink Member since: May 4, 2011
  18. Chris34

Chris34 UKBF Regular Free Member

522 143
    *correction* Just had an email saying the withdrawal is now under review. It's so annoying, my account has been the same all year. Seriously what are they really going to review in the space of 24 hours?

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: Chris34 Member since: Feb 3, 2009
  19. TheGeekestLink

TheGeekestLink UKBF Regular Free Member

369 23
    I tried to edit my post to respond to this. There's *nothing* you can do to stop the reviews. It's all on an account basis and not per transaction.

You just have to keep withdrawing money every day robot fashion until the review tag is taken off your account.

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: TheGeekestLink Member since: May 4, 2011
  20. daviskathy

daviskathy Guest

4 0
    i don't have any changes. Its same for me as it was before

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: daviskathy Member since: Sep 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.