Local digital signage advertising.

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Nerdite, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Nerdite

Nerdite UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Hello everyone,

Hope this finds you well.

I am currently developing an ultra-low power digital signage system made predominantly from recycled materials. The advertising is designed to be placed in shop windows with the correct planning permissions for illuminated signage.

At the moment I am testing the water to see if this would be of any interest to the business community from both businesses who with to share a location and make some extra money from advertising and companies who with to go down the local advertising route.

As I said it is early days but I would love to hear your input on what I am trying to achieve.

Each system will be digitally managed remotely, they automatically reset refresh every 5 minutes with new advertising and reset every day as a power saving mechanism.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards

J

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 By: Nerdite Member since: Jan 26, 2018
  2. Honey Blinds

Honey Blinds UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 3
    For some reason this does not sound new, not trying to put you off, but do they already exist?

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 By: Honey Blinds Member since: Jan 10, 2018
  3. Nerdite

6 0
    Digital advertising isn't new, it's the use, location & price point that will be different. Currently you only see these signs in high traffic areas and not targeted locations for specific advertising.
    Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what the plan is at this stage. .

What I can say though is I will be making the digital signage free for the locations.

Any other questions?

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 By: Nerdite Member since: Jan 26, 2018
  4. KindaichiShota

KindaichiShota UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 5
    So this process is worthy to apply for advertisement.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: KindaichiShota Member since: Nov 8, 2017
  5. Nerdite

6 0
    Once the technology side of things are all settled, yes. I'm building a website and app to allow anyone to advertise.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: Nerdite Member since: Jan 26, 2018
  6. BigPhill

BigPhill UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 9
    This may be difficult to make profitable without good funds

If i remember correctly, the companies which currently offer this service pay the retailers for the space in their shops.... so you will need a decent local network to attract advertisers

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 By: BigPhill Member since: Oct 13, 2017
  7. Nerdite

6 0
    @BigPhill You are absolutely correct. They aren't paid for the space, they are paid a share in advertising revenue. The system is slightly different where it not only generates revenue on the back end they will be able to sell advertising directly to the public.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 By: Nerdite Member since: Jan 26, 2018
  8. alex360

alex360 UKBF Regular Full Member

110 11
    Hi I like the fact you are using recycled products (I am not a Greenpeace member) just a few things who will pay the electricity to power these? Some retailers will ask that I am sure you have see retailers are cutting cost everywhere with less and less staff replaced by automated check out. I wish you all the best

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 By: alex360 Member since: Nov 14, 2017
  9. Nerdite

6 0
    @alex360 They will, The power consumption on this device is 18w. Other devices on the market use 80w - 1000w. The average shop uses florescent lighting and usually leave their lights on all year round. each florescent tube is 27w. So this device uses less power than the lights.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 By: Nerdite Member since: Jan 26, 2018
  10. alex360

alex360 UKBF Regular Full Member

110 11
    Ok that is good, I maybe wrong but I think they will few questions and this on will probably one, be prepared when you go to offer your product. Good luck

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 By: alex360 Member since: Nov 14, 2017