Lead generation

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by G. Lasagne, May 17, 2021.

1. G. Lasagne

G. Lasagne Contributor

2,323 432
    Does anyone use lead generation websites? I know they get a bad rap but I’ve heard other people say if done right you can get a god return?

Posted: May 17, 2021 By: G. Lasagne Member since: Mar 12, 2008
  2. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,841 10,646
    It depends on what you are selling. They are very I’m unlikely to work for your boiler servicing plans because this sort of thing is a considered purchase.

Your biggest problem is still your website. Even if you did get leads your website isn’t set up to convert.

Posted: May 18, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. intheTRADE

intheTRADE Contributor

503 184
    Are you talking digital lead generation via Google Ads/Facebook, telephone lead generation or pay per job lead generation sites such as Rated People and MyBuilder?

Posted: May 18, 2021 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. G. Lasagne

G. Lasagne Contributor

2,323 432
    Sorry for the late reply, yeah my builder and boiler guide and the sort. Boiler guide is generating plenty of leads but they seem to be more price orientated than my average customer

Posted: May 24, 2021 By: G. Lasagne Member since: Mar 12, 2008
  5. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

6,123 2,271
    I think most trade sites are the same
    The transport industry is the same. We dont have anything to do with these sites because neither party ever has a pot to p£ss in and we only want organisations that understand quality and the value of a quality service and have the budget in place

Posted: May 25, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Paul Carmen

Paul Carmen Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

459 157
    The problem with almost all lead generation websites is that they do the same thing, and we've seen this across most industries. They are all effectively saying they only have trusted/vetted partners on their site, and then they provide the same leads to multiple companies.

While this sounds OK, it usually means that the only point of differentiation is price. Most customers using them know this and use it as a beauty parade to get the cheapest quote for the work/service.

Your far better off to not be beholden to third party sites or companies for your leads. The best course of action is to carry out research and come up with your ideal customers/scenarios for you services and then create a marketing plan across various channels (e.g. website, PPC, SEO, social, word of mouth, local etc) to test and hone these processes to deliver your own quality warm leads.

Posted: May 25, 2021 By: Paul Carmen Member since: Jan 27, 2018
  7. MBE2017

MBE2017 Contributor

2,478 990
    As Jeremy Hawke mentioned above, All leads from these sites will be buying on price most of the time. I have worked many leads from such companies, and they generally tell they client they will hear from 3 to 5 companies, and Not to buy until they get all their quotes.

The reason is simple, they generally sell each lead to a minimum of three companies, the main proviso is the lead results in a pitch/visit or quotation. They get 3 x £50 for each lead, or more. It is in their interests to set you up to fail, the more quotes, the higher their earnings.

Use such money in your own telesales person, door knockers, leaflets etc and get a much higher return on investment.

Posted: May 26, 2021 By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. genixmarketing

genixmarketing UKBF Newcomer

32 0
    Always do your due dilligence. There is better ways to spend your time of certain lead generation marketing activities that require less effort and provide higher quality leads.

Posted: May 26, 2021 By: genixmarketing Member since: May 23, 2021
  9. Emelia Anderson

Emelia Anderson UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    You can try pricespy, pricerunner and deals wesbite for lead generation

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 By: Emelia Anderson Member since: Jan 27, 2021