Kindly review our FREE Website Maker

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by city_web_studio, Jun 21, 2018.

1. city_web_studio

city_web_studio UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 9
    Dear Members:

We will be launching our free website making software shortly.

Currently it is in pre-launch stage. Appreciate if you can share your feedback on the main-site.

https://myraah.co.uk/

If you are interested to see complete working let me know and I will share credentials.

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 By: city_web_studio Member since: Apr 7, 2009
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,229 10,156
    It sort of failed on the first hurdle.

I already have a domain and hosting, I just need a free website and you don't offer this service.

The 'Our Technology' page makes not sense at all - I have no idea what all that stuff means.

I tried watching the video but it seems you only offer three options: business, listings and e-commerce. I don't want any of these - I want a site for my hamster hobby.

The homepage says 'Create A Website For Free' but when I went thought the process the thank-you page says: 'As an early customer we will offer you 25% OFF on your purchase.' If it's free why are you offering a discount?

It's not clear who owns the website. Do I get FTP access? Is it a CMS where I can add pages, upload images, use contact forms and the thousands of other features normally found on a website?

Why shared hosting in Germany?

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,141 1,389
    Had a nosey...

for the first year my website name is free... then £49.00 per year thereafter?...

Really?

I can get the same named domain off godaddy for £7.99 per year - so what's the £41.01 for other than hosting?

Granted this is only the domain, but £49 per year has put me off already at this point TBH...

the website states my chosen website name is a "premium" domain... I never considered any .net website as premium TBH... just a cheap alternative to .com or .co.uk...

Godaddy states that my chosen name is also available as the .com for £2577.44 and then £13.10 per year thereafter... your site says that it's unavailable... just potentially lost an addon sale for you there... ;)

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  4. city_web_studio

89 9
    Really appreciate your feedback.

1. We are currently only offering website with new domain names. In future we will launch a feature where some can link their current domain name.

2. Probably we will need to write a fresh copy for the tech page - appreciate you pointed this.

3. Though we have covered major business types such as accounting, financial services etc. We currently don't have Hobby category.

4. that 25% discount message was left there by a mistake. We have corrected that now. Thanks.

5. You get website with CMS built in our system.

5. city_web_studio

89 9
    By premium domain name we meant a real domain such as .com, co.uk etc not a subdomain other website builder software provide.

certainly ultra premium domains which is costing £2577.44 as per godaddy is not possible for us to give for free ..

yeah but taking your suggestion - we can incorporate that as paid feature in the future.

Appreciate your time and effort to write a review.

6. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    That's fine but it's not clear who owns the domain name. Will it be registered in my name? Why am I paying £49 a year for a domain name? Your whole website keeps telling me everything is free.
    Not just the techpage, there are loads of missing pages. For example, there are no T&C, privacy, or legal pages. No demo, no examples of the sites on offer.
    What about entertainment, information, marketing, portfolio and the hundreds of other types of sites people build. Not everyone has a company. Some people might just want a simple site with pictures of rabbits.
    OK. So the only cost will be £49/year. For that you will host my international ecommerce site with 20,000 products with integrated logistics, support and account systems.
    Excellent! How many plugins and extensions do you offer? Can I switch themes? Does it post to facebook? Can I add Disqus?

The problem with your offering is it will get compared to the likes of Wordpress, Shopify, Squarespace and other popular platforms.

And the testimonials on the homepage look about a false as you can get. How can they write a review on a platforms that hasn't even launched yet? Was the site built using your platform?

Did you know google only scores the site 51/100

And the layout is all broken on my iPhone.

7. city_web_studio

89 9
    Our app is desktop application so our primary goal is to serve desktop audience. And we have just launched today. Will be be fixing the responsiveness problems shortly.

Anyways - I really appreciate you spent time reviewing it so critically and that's what i needed. It's going to a great help to us to develop a good product for people.

Appreciate.

8. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    No you haven't. It says:
    Who is SMART? I thought your company was called Myraah?

And you are a dissolved company: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/b7PsmAYvoFQLtU7Oo0CLC8HL7dc/appointments

Trust is an important part of the Internet. People check up on things before committing themselves to anything.

9. city_web_studio

89 9
    Smart is the name of the product. Will sort it out.

10. city_web_studio

89 9
    I have now changed it to:

Thanks for showing interest. We are at the verge of launching in UK.

Please expect an email from us shortly confirming the launch date.

https://myraah.co.uk/thankyou.php

11. city_web_studio

89 9
    Oh - just figured you are also a designer:

https://aerin.co.uk/

So here is a question for you which will be of great help to us.

We have this FREE package for people who want to create a website.

Shall we also offer a partner program for website designer / or a white-label solution ? Do you think website designers will find it useful?

Thanks

12. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    No.

Everyone I know who designs or develops website has one or more platforms they like to use. These platforms are flexible and fully supported with a huge range of themes, plugins and extensions. There are thousands of developers, websites, forums and blogs all offering support and help. Sites built using these platforms can be hosted anywhere with access to control panels, FTP and other resources.

I can't think of any reason why I'd want to use an automated site builder like yours. Or Wix, Weebly, 1and1, goDaddy, vistaprint or anyone else.

You my get some traction with the right sort of marketing but I can't really see the point of the AI part of the product.

13. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,141 1,389
    I would never assume that you could give it for free, that's not what I've said :)

Sorry, but you've still not answered one of my questions...

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  14. HostXNow

HostXNow UKBF Regular Full Member

455 35
    Well, that didn't go down too well, did it? All constructive criticism though.

The thing is there are already some free website builders that do a good job (Mobirise). That builder allows the website owner to keep all data for themselves and move it to any web hosting provider. Most don't use Wix etc because you don't have full access to your files.

If someone is going to pay for anything they'll most likely hire a professional web designer to create a unique website for them.

Also, most websites need a good amount of server resources these days such as CPU, MEM, Disk IO and you can get very good performance hosting for around £30-£50/year which is also better than what the massive providers like GoDaddy offer where resources are low.

In short, I'm not sure how you're going to compete with all the other options that are available.

PS a lot of web hosting providers also include free website builders with their hosting plans.

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 By: HostXNow Member since: Mar 7, 2011