Import Wine Business

Discussion in 'International Business' started by hammertime, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammertime

hammertime UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 0
    Hello,

I am interesting in starting a online company in the UK for importing and then selling organic wine from South America. I understand that I need to get a Personal Alcohol License and then a Premises License.

But I am wondering what else I might need!!!??? Do I need some sort of a import license as well? and if so would I get this before or after I get the personal and premises license.

If there is anyone who is in the wine import business that can help I would really appreciate your help/advice.

Thank you for you in advance.

Lee

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 By: hammertime Member since: Nov 24, 2009
  2. vvaannmmaann

vvaannmmaann UKBF Legend Free Member

13,109 3,369
    Posted: Nov 25, 2009 By: vvaannmmaann Member since: Nov 6, 2007
  3. hammertime

hammertime UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 0
    Thanks Vvaannmmann,

I 've been tredging through those posts, haven't found anything that useful yet, was just hoping someone who has applied for a import license before can help out and explain the process of applying for a Import/Export Alcohol License.

Posted: Nov 26, 2009 By: hammertime Member since: Nov 24, 2009
  4. simondo1981

simondo1981 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    hi i am wanting to import alcohol from south america to the uk! to hopefully get a buyer from supermarkets/off licenses how do i go about this ie licence import etc i have just got the urge to do this as i am currently in south america til january on vacation and have met some locals who want me to become partners in a business if we can make it work! thanks

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 By: simondo1981 Member since: Dec 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.