Help wanted on opening a fried chicken shop

Discussion in 'London & South East' started by Comebackid, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Comebackid

Comebackid UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Guys,

just want some of your input I have seen a shop which is in a location I believe can do well as a fried chicken and chips shop in east London I have understood the premises that I have seen has a A1 licence and I believe the licence required to trade fast food is A3 which I require now I wanted to know how do I request change of use for the licence? as I have no experience in a fried food shop also I wanted to know if I take the option of a lease knowing the shop at the moment is a lock up shop and my venture doesn't plan out how I expect it to what clause would I require in the lease to secure a release? having said that I do believe I can make it work with staff who have experience and a bit of research of what I would require I have begun looking for some equipment and have made a shop logo and design for a shop front. your advice and guidance would be much appreciated

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 By: Comebackid Member since: Sep 28, 2011
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

Get some experience of a fried food shop quickly?

Any experience of running a business?

Starting up a fast food business is risky. Can be done, have seen it done several times in various localities by people that have proven successful with it. They all had experience of working in and managing such businesses.
    Without experience its more risky. Oh and equipment you can probably get some good deals 2nd hand.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Scalloway

Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

That's putting the cart before the horse. You need to:
    • Get experience running a fried chicken shop
    • draw up a business plan
    • raise finance
    then look at details like logos and shop fronts.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010