Get 'em while they're hot

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Fagin2021, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Fagin2021

Fagin2021 UKBF Regular Full Member

111 40
    For the last 48 hours I’ve been like a cat with the cream. Don’t laugh - I’ve just installed Microsoft ‘Clarify’ on one of my websites (on top of Google Analytics). Does anyone else use this free tool?

Clarify gives you lots of visitor information in an easily understood format but best of all are two features – the heatmap and the recording.

The heatmap shows you what percentage of visitors view a webpage from the top to the bottom of the page. For example, on one of my pages I had 100% above the fold (not surprisingly,) going down in stages to 9% at the bottom (where I’d put some stuff I wanted people to see). Oops!

Even better is the recording. This tracks the visitor’s pointer around the page, showing where and for how long they pause, where they scroll and where if anywhere, they click.

You can get paid tools that do this but Clarify is free. Even after just couple of days data I can already see how pages should be improved.

If you haven’t got Clarify, all you need is a Microsoft Account then place the code they give you on the pages you want to analyse. (Disclaimer: I have no connection with Microsoft).

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 By: Fagin2021 Member since: Jan 27, 2021
  2. Fagin2021

Fagin2021 UKBF Regular Full Member

111 40
    It should read 'Microsoft 'Clarity' not 'Clarify'.

"Well done Jones, I was wondering who'd spot that first."

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 By: Fagin2021 Member since: Jan 27, 2021