General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Forming A Company

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by danny2k80, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny2k80

danny2k80 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 3
    I am currently going through the process of forming a company.
    In this case a company Limited by Shares.
    I am aware that I require
    1. A Memorandum of Association
    2. Articles of Association
    3. Form 10
    4. Form12

But I have also been told that I require

5. Letter to Registrar
    6. First Directors Board Minute
    7. Share Certificate
    8. Shareholders Agreement

I have checked my trademark is available and once the formation is complete I will purchase it.

I am looking for someone to inform me if I have missed any document and also whether or not the documents I have stated that I have been told I also need are actually required as they are extra costs.

I will be very grateful to anyone who can help me.
    Thank you.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 By: danny2k80 Member since: Sep 10, 2009
  2. Techy

Techy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

388 60
    Looks as if all eight cover the needs

1 and 2 are normally one document

Only need a shareholders agreement if there is more than one shareholder, I wrote ours myself as the original one drawn up by a legal bod was to complicated

Best of luck

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 By: Techy Member since: Feb 21, 2009
  3. mookgirluk

mookgirluk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

108 35
    Legally you also need company registers:

Register of Members (Shareholders)
    Register of Directors
    Register of Secretaries (if you have one)

If forming through an agent they should be able to sell you a set of company registers (which will also normally include share certificates), otherwise you can purchase this from any legal stationers

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 By: mookgirluk Member since: Jan 5, 2009
  4. JamesCartwright

JamesCartwright UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

675 102
    Moongirluk is right, you will need to keep company registers too.

If you set up the company online through a formation agent (like the one I work for) all the forms are taken care of for you - you only need to fill out the information on the site to set up the company.

We can set up a limited company for only £24.99 - click here to get started.

If you have any questions, we have free telephone support and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have in the forum too.

James.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 By: JamesCartwright Member since: Jun 1, 2009
  5. Michelle Carvill

Michelle Carvill UKBF Newcomer Free Member

368 64
    Hi Danny
    I am assuming you are doing it yourself. Which means that not only do you have to complete all the forms and ensure that you've got all the correct forms (please note that 1st October 2009 sees the companies act change - the first changes to have been implemented in over 100 years. Different forms required, - new memorandums and articles come into play etc!). And forming it yourself you still have the companies house registration fee of £15 to pay - PLUS all the postage and witnessing to fuss about. I would highly recommend you use http://www.companiesmadesimple.com to form your company. I have formed 3 companies via them and they are great. They are the UK's longest standing online company formation registration agent - an online brand you can trust. Often - the online company formation agents promote a price of say, £17.99 or £24.99 to form a company - but then add on the companies house £15 registration fee at the checkout - very sneaky. Whereas at www.companiesmadesimiple.com they are totally above board. The prices you see on their website are the prices you pay...
    Good luck
    Michelle

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 By: Michelle Carvill Member since: Dec 18, 2008
  6. JamesCartwright

JamesCartwright UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

675 102
    I've heard of people doing this too - but we don't do it. It's just £24.99 to set up a limited company with us.

But... Before you set one up make sure that you have thought it through fully. There are a lot of responsibilities to running a company, and penalties if you don't keep up with them (e.g. fines for late filing of accounts).

James.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 By: JamesCartwright Member since: Jun 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.