County Court Claim Multiple Invoices

Discussion in 'Legal' started by scedminc, Apr 23, 2019.

1. scedminc

scedminc UKBF Contributor Free Member

32 0
    I sent a late payment demand to a client who did not pay an invoice and subsequently, I have issued a claim via the county court. Since then, another invoice has become overdue.

Am I right in thinking I need to issue another late payment demand and if they still don't pay as before that I issue a new claim via the court for this invoice as well?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 By: scedminc Member since: Jul 7, 2009
  2. stugster

stugster UKBF Legend Full Member

9,344 2,074
    It's treated as a separate debt, so yes. Although I'd be questioning why you're getting into the situation of raising further invoices/carrying out services for someone who clearly isn't paying for it.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 By: stugster Member since: Feb 1, 2007
  3. scedminc

scedminc UKBF Contributor Free Member

32 0
    I thought so thank you. It's complicated but basically, the work was done and invoiced and it wasn't until one fell past due that I found out they had no intention of paying.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 By: scedminc Member since: Jul 7, 2009
  4. stugster

stugster UKBF Legend Full Member

9,344 2,074
    Actually, you might want to wait on someone with more experience answering this question. You may be able to have the claim updated with the total value of both debts. However, you'll need to wait on the later debt going through the normal motions of LBA etc, before you can then proceed.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 By: stugster Member since: Feb 1, 2007
  5. Engage Legal

Engage Legal UKBF Contributor Free Member

73 13
    Does your first claim only refer to the first invoice? If it refers to both, then all well and good. If it only refers to the first, you will probably need to ask the court for permission to amend your claim to refer to both invoices (and any further invoices). This can be done without issuing new proceedings

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 By: Engage Legal Member since: Mar 25, 2019