Why UKBusinessForums Can Help Your Business!

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Jet Virtual, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Virtual

Jet Virtual UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

869 239
    OK so there are probably tons of people coming onto UK Biz Forums wondering if they can actually gain any business from here.

I had the same attitude when I first joined.

However, what I realised is 2 main things:

1. You can't expect to gain unless your first willing to give.
    2. It's not just about gaining business from it.

Let me ellaborate ...

Don't be selfish!

If you want to gain business from a business forum such as this (or any other networking scene) you need to be willing to share your time and knowledge with others first.

This way you gain 2 things:

1: Trust
    2: Respect

Trust and respect is built over time. By giving your time and advice to others they are more likely to trust you enough to want to buy from you.
    No shortcuts here.

It's not all about just gaining business

Although I do get clients from UKBusinessForums and a nice amount of hits to my website, I have actually found it to also be a great place to find suppliers.

For example, right now I am currently using a member on the forum for SEO
    I am also using a member for some deveolping on one of my websites. Also I have someone who is helping me with my PPC Adwords campaign. Oh and another member is hosting one of my websites!

So basically I am getting the following services from different members of this forum:

> SEO
    > MARKETING
    > WEB HOSTING
    > WEB DEVELOPING
    > PPC ADWORDS MANAGEMENT

Not bad from one forum huh?

Like I said, you have to give it time and you WILL gain from this forum.

If anyone has anything to add that they have found useful it would be great to hear.

I hope this helps people who are thinking of using this forum regularly but are not sure if it will benefit them.

Best Wishes,

Daniel

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 78
    • Useful Useful x 7
    • List
  2. neildigital

neildigital UKBF Ace Full Member

2,127 290
    Nothing to add, what a great post....

Been a member for 4 year nearly, and have the same opinion..

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: neildigital Member since: Apr 30, 2007
  3. Jet Virtual

869 239
    Oh and I forgot to add that I shall be firing my accountant in the next few weeks (for sooo many reasons) and I shall be looking for a new one on here :)

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  4. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,944 1,278
    I can agree. As people are probably tired of reading me say that for the first year after joining UKBF I didn't get any business at all. Then the enquiries slowly started and, right up until I sold the call answering at the end of last year, UKBF was my single biggest source of new clients.

Hoping it might now be the same with the new service. [wink, wink] :D

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  5. thelegalstop

thelegalstop UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

908 141
    Sorry for the spam - that`s very good thread, however at the beginning many people do not know how to use the forums and they make mistakes, because they can`t be bothered to read the rules (ok, I know I am not an exception, but I`ve learned my lesson)

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: thelegalstop Member since: Mar 31, 2012
  6. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,944 1,278
    We all make mistakes, but even if we didn't, it takes time to build up a good reputation with others so that they do start to ask for quotes and use your business.

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  7. Moneyman

Moneyman UKBF Legend Free Member

2,729 784
    I have used several guys off the forum and backed quite a few over the last 5 years. hoping that one will come off big time. Never seen good pitch from anyone from here yet.
    But there is something friendly that i like about the members. Even the trolls are sweet and i am often tempted to spell badly and put in grocer's apostrophes just to have them pop up and grumble.

The odd thing I notice as a very experienced investor is that when people put up a business idea they do get shouted down by some extremely ignorant rude remarks. It is almost as if some people think that investing is like the dragon's den for real. when i invest in punts on here or even high scale ventures elsewhere the whole thing is professional and at the same time friendly as both parties need to work together. Slagging off the other side is not a good way to buy into a company. It just seems that when people ask for cash, others take it as an offence. Otherwise mostly a very nice professional bunch.

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Moneyman Member since: May 3, 2008
  8. Talay

Talay UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,748 782
    I guess it depends upon how you view UKBF. I view it as a place of information and advice, an exchange of ideas, a forum to air opinions and have some banter. I certainly don't see it as a place to tout for business and in general I don't think it suffers from that, save the odd exception.

If it ever became a place where folk were constantly pushing their wares or forever starting meaningless threads merely to publicise their business or their websites or enhance their SEO, then I'd be off and I guess so would a few others.

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Talay Member since: Mar 12, 2012
  9. Luolou

Luolou UKBF Regular Free Member

156 16
    I joined to ask for advice that I could not have necessarily found elsewhere. I feel more comfortable asking questions on here, as there always seems to be someone who can offer wise advice. I feel I have learnt quit a lot reading through the many posts - I log on every day as I find it more interesting thn an other forum I contribute to.

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Luolou Member since: Mar 10, 2010
  10. openmind

openmind UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,738 859
    I probably get about 20-30% of my new business from here and that's without whoring myself out on every post ;)

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: openmind Member since: Sep 6, 2005
  11. Psl

Psl UKBF Ace Free Member

2,538 615
    I like to contribute but need to reign in my style sometimes:)

I have learned a lot by reading old posts and following new threads that are nothing to do with my business.

I really enjoy the diverse opinions in some threads and the sense of humour of some members is brilliant:p

One thing I have learned is that you can't be too direct in your sales tactics, don't go for the jugular in your posts otherwise you will 'earn' infractions:eek: but the Mods are nice about though because they do send you a PM to explain, which is nice of them:p

Last but not least I don't get any business from here, but then I am not here to drum up business.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Posted: Jan 11, 2013 By: Psl Member since: May 4, 2010
  12. Jet Virtual

869 239
    Oh boy this is sounding like something out of Lord of the Rings :p

Great comments so far it really gives newbies an insight into what this forum can be used for.

Keep them coming ...

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  13. Paul_Rosser

Paul_Rosser UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,541 1,107
    Have only been a member for 6'ish months but have found UKBF very useful and have learnt a lot.

Never saw UKBF as a way to get new clients, I just like helping people out if I can.

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 By: Paul_Rosser Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  14. Steve Sellers

Steve Sellers UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,052 1,210
    Have to say that i have got some good advice on here but equally seen some bad. The paid section gets far better answers i feel from, no offence, but better quality of business people(generally not accross the board).

I have gained a nice bit of "pocket money" from the forums and whats more ive extended my network of contacts and friends.

I think the worst thing to do is come on here self promoting. I am on here first and foremost for entertaiment - entertaint that can pay very well sometimes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using UK Business Forums

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 By: Steve Sellers Member since: Aug 7, 2011
  15. Young Recruit

Young Recruit UKBF Regular Free Member

297 66
    Three cheers for Jet Virtual - hip hip!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 By: Young Recruit Member since: Sep 27, 2012
  16. Jet Virtual

869 239
    HOORAY! :D

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  17. Ronnieuk47

Ronnieuk47 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

30 4
    I don't post often on here, I try to but get easily distracted and sometimes forget to even log in, but to me its a great form of free resources and advice from real businessmen and women. Not someone sitting behind a desk trying to advise me, or a vague internet search for something similarly related to what I need.

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 By: Ronnieuk47 Member since: Nov 22, 2012
  18. Jet Virtual

869 239
    Interestingly enough I have spoken to 3 UKBF Members today who are doing work for me. So far extremely pleased with the quality of service provided!

19. Steve Sellers

Steve Sellers UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,052 1,210
    You know maybe that is an idea for SIFT to improve the forums. Users could maybe give ratings for paid work done. Would certainly be more useful than the number "thanks" for deciding whether to hire somebody.

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 By: Steve Sellers Member since: Aug 7, 2011
  20. Jet Virtual

869 239
    Steve I couldn't agree more!

Henry if you are reading this ... food for thought? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.