General Business Forum Brought to you by Square

RegisteredAddress.co.uk opinions please

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Xelp, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Xelp

Xelp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

40 6
    I've read testimonials on the website and also checked out company records for the company I am also aware that adamchy is an active member in this forum so from a self trumpet-blowing point of view I am happy with the picture that's being panted of this company/service.

I am however having a tough time finding UNBIASED reviews or opinions about the service prompting this thread.

I'd love to hear from people that are/have actually used it. Is it a reliable service? Would you recommend it?

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 By: Xelp Member since: Oct 10, 2010
  2. Jet Virtual

Jet Virtual UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

869 238
    We recommend people to come view our offices.

This industry is jam packed with fake addresses etc.

Not to say that everyone is fake but it's always good to take the time to go down and look at the office you will be paying for.

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  3. Xelp

Xelp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

40 6
    Anyone currently using registeredaddress.co.uk? Does all mail come through ok?

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 By: Xelp Member since: Oct 10, 2010
  4. spada

spada UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    Same here - I'm looking to use this company - people like Regus etc have some pretty bad reviews around, can't find any for this company, but would love to hear from people that are using them please?

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 By: spada Member since: Mar 28, 2012
  5. FirstClassVirtualOffice

FirstClassVirtualOffice UKBF Ace Full Member

1,083 213
    Well firstly i'd avoid those companies who are not transparent, that don't tell you what the virtual office address actually is. They hide part of it and give you a nonsense excuse as to why that is. There is no reason to avoid disclosure of what someone is being expected to pay for up front.

Secondly, make sure they are registered with the ICO for data protection and registered with HMRC for MLR. Both are a legal requirement.

Thirdly, make sure they are not merely re-sellers of the service.

Fourth, consider postage costs. Do the maths and work out what in reality, this would really cost you. Look at what you have to ask that they don't explain/cover on their website, application form or T&C. So the first 20 letters are included for say £15. Great. But what then? Small print might say £1 per letter after that. So what if 5 come in one week? 5 every week?

Some of these companies make their money from their hidden or small print. You only get stung when you go over the quota you saw initially advertised. There is quite often a mark up in the mailing costs for envelopes, handling, packaging, etc. so you pay a higher fee, and not just the cost of the stamp. Tot up all the possible costs across a 12 month period.

Regarding mail coming through, to be fair mail can't really get lost once it arrives at the virtual office address. Royal Mail have more chance of losing it on it's way to the virtual office premises, and again when it's posted on to you. That's where missing mail goes..... into the Royal Mail ether! However, we rarely encounter missing mail. Often it can be down to human error of the client not using/giving out the full correct virtual office address, or the people/organisations they give it to, do not enter the full correct address into their data systems.

You're unlikely to find online reviews because people do not want to expose that they are using a virtual office address, so that's your number 1 reason, and secondly, there won't be enough volume of users to warrant people going online to give reviews.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 By: FirstClassVirtualOffice Member since: Nov 5, 2010
  6. spada

spada UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    Thanks.

Looking online they seem good and are registered too as a Companies House formation agent provider

As per my and the OPs posts - any experiences from anyone who have actually used them would be great :)

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 By: spada Member since: Mar 28, 2012
  7. FirstClassVirtualOffice

FirstClassVirtualOffice UKBF Ace Full Member

1,083 213
    But as I said, most business (on here as well) won't want to reveal their office address is in fact a virtual office address. The whole point for many is that they want people to believe they are really based there.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 By: FirstClassVirtualOffice Member since: Nov 5, 2010
  8. Azam.net

Azam.net UKBF Regular Free Member

408 12
    We, too, would be interested in anybody's experiences with RegisteredAddress.co.uk? Any opinions on their service please?

Many thanks.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 By: Azam.net Member since: Aug 19, 2003
  9. password01

password01 UKBF Contributor Free Member

74 8
    Hi all,

Sorry to be bumping this thread but I am interested in using RegisteredAddress.co.uk.

I just called them up and they wouldn't allow me to inspect the address and see what I was paying for. They said it was a "virtual office" and that I wasn't required to come here and do anything.

How is everybody getting on with this service?

Thanks

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 By: password01 Member since: Nov 9, 2015
  10. Honey Blinds

Honey Blinds UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 3
    Have you considered using your accountants or solicitors address?

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 By: Honey Blinds Member since: Jan 10, 2018
  11. password01

74 8
    I don't have an account or solicitor at the moment.

I am setting up the company myself at the moment and won't require an accountant for a number of months as the incorporation is only a formality right now.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 By: password01 Member since: Nov 9, 2015
  12. Mark F.

Mark F. UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I just signed up with them after evaluating that they are one of the cheapest. But it's always the same - you get what you pay for - and in the end it will come out very costly.
    Their website / your account cannot do anything online and every request you send in is associated with at least GBP of 12.-
    Also adding all service up to a full package others are at the same price level with much better service.

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 By: Mark F. Member since: Jan 29, 2018
  13. Jake - Bizma UK

Jake - Bizma UK UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    no problems for me, current I am getting all my physical post sent to me free of charge for a year

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 By: Jake - Bizma UK Member since: Feb 1, 2018
  14. password01

74 8
    Guys what kind of experiences did you all have when registering your address? I am in the process of setting up with Your City Office < www.yourcityoffice.com > and the experience is testing my patience. Their KYC on-boarding process is a major pain in the ass.

How did you perform your identity etc and did you need to get all your documents certified before submitting?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: password01 Member since: Nov 9, 2015
  15. password01

74 8
    Guys what kind of experiences did you all have when registering your address? I am in the process of setting up with Your City Office < www.yourcityoffice.com > and the experience is testing my patience. Their KYC on-boarding process is a major pain in the ass.

How did you perform your identity etc and did you need to get all your documents certified before submitting?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: password01 Member since: Nov 9, 2015
  16. willyham

willyham UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    They are pretty good! We use them and have had no issues.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: willyham Member since: Feb 9, 2018
  17. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

9,118 1,857
    A question , Why do you want to hide your address as to many people it just shows a rather dodgy company

Many operating from home feel that people will come around to their house, but from my own experience and others that just never happens in real life

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  18. password01

74 8
    It's not dodgy at all..your experience is only a small percentage of what has happened in the world.

Read this and come back to me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing

And this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

Then read this news report which you may already be familiar with: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tive-identifies-man-shot-suspected-prank.html

You are being naive at best.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: password01 Member since: Nov 9, 2015
  19. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

9,118 1,857
    Please get real, what makes you a target for this kind of action, are you paranoid?

If this was a real threat, do you think the other 99.9% of businesses, would not hide away especially, the likes of those plc's who have screwed up the employees pensions

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  20. willyham

willyham UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    How about we stick to what he wants to know. Is the service any good.
    I have used them, they do what they say they are going to do.

If he/she wants to use the service for whatever reason don't question it.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: willyham Member since: Feb 9, 2018