Honest website review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by teshanmoon, Oct 27, 2017.

1. teshanmoon

teshanmoon UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Hi,
    I have recently rebuilt my website and would love to know your thoughts....

www (dot) teshanmoon (dot) com

Many thanks,
    Louise

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 By: teshanmoon Member since: Oct 10, 2016
  2. sipexa

sipexa UKBF Contributor Full Member

36 6
    In main screen, using pastel light colours innail varnishat the large images which shows accessories may be good. When I open the main page, my attention goes to nails at first. But the important thing is accessories. So upper section at the page which shows logo is so high. Lowering height of that area, and enabling taking attention of accessories at first sight may be good.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 By: sipexa Member since: Jan 7, 2017
  3. NewGardenStyle

NewGardenStyle UKBF Regular Free Member

373 82
    First impression is that your header is way too big. It pushes your content too far down the screen. Worse, the photos below don't even fit into my browser (chrome, laptop) in full. That's due to both the images being too large and the amount of screen space taken by your header.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 By: NewGardenStyle Member since: Jun 26, 2014
  4. teshanmoon

teshanmoon UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Thank you very much for your comments. I have adjusted the header size and also slightly changed the landing page so the images are more focused on the jewellery.

I hope you agree it looks better already :)

Thanks!
    Louise

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 By: teshanmoon Member since: Oct 10, 2016
  5. sipexa

sipexa UKBF Contributor Full Member

36 6
    Yes it seems better, additionally could you try to remove parallax effect from the images. Because while making scroll, it is not changing so fastly at my side. It changes picture step by step. May be due to my computer. I do not know.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 By: sipexa Member since: Jan 7, 2017
  6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,926 9,061
    It's a standard shopify website so you are pretty much stuck with the themes they offer - unless you get something bespoke built.

You have got more animations than Disney - this is quite offputting and unnecessary. Bin all the animations and sliding effects - especially on the product pages, this just doesn't work well on a phone.

Why are you hiding the products? Bin all the homepage guff and just shown the categories. It's a shop not a brochure so you don't even need to tell me it's bohemian stuff.

There is no passion for the products. The descriptions are staid and boring and look like the wholesalers description not something you wrote yourself.

Add to Cart is US. Add to basket is for the UK.

As a bog standard shopify site it works, but it doesn't sell the products, all you are doing is displaying them. Better (bigger) images and descriptions would help as would showing me how the products look when worn.

And...

Your logo is cropped - it has square edges

And and...

Look at the site on your phone - there is nothing of value above the fold.

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. TomJ83

TomJ83 UKBF Regular Free Member

368 75
    I think you can benefit from a logotype redesign. Get a logotype that is memorable and that better corresponds to the products you sell. You're into jewellery and your logotype should be in line with the logotypes that are used in the industry.

Also I don't know if you paid a professional logotype designer to do it or not, but one issue is that it's background is not transparent. If you look at professional logotypes you will notice that the background is transparent. Your logotype has a white background and square edges, which has been mentioned by fisicx.

Moreover, you should make your product descriptions more interesting. Make them unique and captivating. I can see that you have added images of how the jewellery looks once worn, which is great, now you have to write something that captivates the audience.

Best of luck!

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 By: TomJ83 Member since: Aug 30, 2017
  8. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,926 9,061
    You don't even need a logo. The name of the business in the right font is sufficient. There a have been a number of threads on this topic here and elsewhere, a lot of testing and plenty of examples of successful sites with no or minimalistic logo.

I'm not suggesting you don't have a logo, I'm just saying in many cases you don't need a logo.

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

8,971 3,503
    Follow @fisicx 's advice - and particularly this bit -
    Your target demographic is (I assume) young women and girls and they will be looking at your website on a mobile only. You have nice products and at good prices, but there are just no effusive descriptions with words like beautiful, lovely, adorning, delicate, etc.

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  10. Asjs3n4

Asjs3n4 Guest

0 0
    Hi, overall it's ok and will be a good starting point.

The brand/logo needs to be a lot better, however.

You will need to continually optimise the site as you go along.

You need some good emotive words etc, I recommend reading webs of influence it will help you to market your website to your audience better...

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 By: Asjs3n4 Member since: Jan 1, 1970