Facebook Ads - Success?

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Jim Street, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Jim Street

Jim Street UKBF Contributor Full Member

35 3
    This is a question related to my other Google question about display network.

Has anyone had much success with Facebook Ads, and do videos make much of a difference? Is there a company you recommend using? Thanks

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: Jim Street Member since: Sep 30, 2019
  2. intheTRADE

intheTRADE UKBF Regular Free Member

171 45
    Facebook Ads can be hugely successful if done correctly. I can't stress enough though 'if done correctly' - and what I mean by that is not just the copy in the advert but everything from your whole sales funnel process to targeting the right demographic.

We manage around 20 clients social media and have found that B2C is far more successful than B2B adverts on Facebook - To the point now where we won't take on any campaigns for B2B because we just don't see the value in doing it.

Most of our clients are heating engineers, roofers and electricians. We have a couple of removals companies we have worked with and have been successful on Facebook. In particular the waste removal side of things.

As for video, unless you are going to fork out to get a professional engaging video created I wouldn't bother with them because DIY just look cheap and cheesy.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  3. OMGVape

OMGVape UKBF Regular Free Member

251 30
    I've been playing with Facebook ads this last 4 days. First attempt and no experience. I agree it needs doing properly. I've had thousands of hits but no enquiries. Bounce rate is 88.8% !! As for video, its looks to me like a very high percentage of viewer are clicking the video just to watch it, with no interest in the product.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: OMGVape Member since: Jan 21, 2018
  4. Jim Street

35 3
    I think you may have applied for a job we advertised on Upwork with regard Facebook ads - I could be mistaken, I think your rate was $60 am I correct?

5. intheTRADE

171 45
    No not us - but happy to help/quote if you want to PM ever

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  6. Jim Street

35 3
    Sure can you send me a PM with details and I will take a look if that is ok?

7. Adm4g

Adm4g UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    I was trying for Facebook ads before a couple of days and almost complete every step for a Facebook ad campaign but I failed at last moment when I finish it to publish.

I got an error related to publishing & I'm still looking to solve the error that I can move forward the Facebook ad campaign.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: Adm4g Member since: Sep 24, 2019
  8. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,179 9,158
    @Jim Street - whilst FB ads can work, you need to have the right landing pages. Like I said on your other threads, the site need a lot of work before you even think about any sort of marketing. Until you get someone who understands marketing to help develop the site all your adverts will do is waste money.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. Jim Street

35 3
    @fisicx I am addressing the issues identified on the homepage this week, and I will be going through the comments made on the forum. I agree there are issues that need to be combatted.

One suggestion is a second website just for home removals.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: Jim Street Member since: Sep 30, 2019
  10. fisicx

31,179 9,158
    It’s not the homepage! It’s the landing pages for the adverts you need to create. If done properly no one will ever see your homepage.

11. Jim Street

35 3
    I thought the landing pages were reasonable - it was more about the fact the waste/move were on the same website - or have I missed something - in which case sorry :-s

12. intheTRADE

171 45
    Having both waste and removal on your website shouldnt be an issue as long as you have them clearly differentiated.

For example I read that you use different vans for different services. This should reflect in your inages and copy text on each of the services page

In an ideal world you should have seperate landing pages for facebook ads. These are pages that can only be accessed when someone clicks the link if your facebook ad and pages which cant be found by just visiting your websites

This massively helps track visits and conversions from your facebook ads and the copy on these pages can be related to any copy in your facebook ads

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  13. fisicx

31,179 9,158
    The advert landing pages are different to the ones you link to from the homepage.

You need to get someone to help with the marketing and from there build the website.

The website come after developing the marketing strategy. Until you know how to market the business you won’t know what to put on the site.

14. Jim Street

35 3
    We will look at how to differentiate the difference between moves and waste when I speak to the web guy later.

Our Google ads target different pages and would expect the same with Facebook so that makes sense.

Have PM'd you back.

15. makeusvisible

makeusvisible UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,106 251
    Just answered your other question regards Google DisplayNetwork, and I'm coming at this from an agency perspective;

There isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to your question. For some sectors, an image ad will do the job, others a carousel ad, and others a video ad may outperform everything else. Exactly as with my answer on Google Ads, it all boils down to data, and improving the ads/campaigns based on data.

With a lead gen campaign, on Facebook we would normally try a few different approaches alongside each other;

For example
    Ads landing the user on a specific page of your site
    Ads to encourage a Facebook msg
    Ads to encourage a Facebook Lead Generation form completion

Within each campaign we will have a couple of styles of Ad....single image, carousel, and perhaps depending on budget a video.

We will then target an initial audience.

As users/click/engage/convert we gather what will be THE most valuable asset in your campaign....data.

For example...after running for a week we may quickly find out that ads are converting better for the 30-40 bracket, and the campaign can be adjusted accordingly.

We might also find a video ad converts better than an image ad.

In a rolling basis it's a case of removing the weak, and replacing with something stronger, in order to drive up the conversion rate week on week.

Obviously it does also come down to budget, as you dont want to split your campaign into parts which are so small your data is not big enough to make judgments on.

To answer your question....Facebook Ads are delivered to people, and in any business people make decisions. They will work better in some sectors than others, but it is always worth having data before making that call.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: makeusvisible Member since: Jan 23, 2011
  16. CharlieHooray

CharlieHooray UKBF Contributor Full Member

36 6
    We have been trialling business to business Facebook ad's (insurance sales) and have had zero leads from the campaigns with 4200 impressions and 75 clicks but zero leads. I think it depends the industry you are in if facebook campaigns are the one for you but can't knock it until youve tried it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 By: CharlieHooray Member since: Oct 16, 2019
  17. EddyRock

EddyRock UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 5
    Facebook Ads is only useful for getting Subscribers. Never use it to get sales, 5 months running Facebook Ads and absolutely no leads/sales from Ads clicks (Result from Google Analytics). 3000 clicks from spammers and kids, most clicks come from Africa and Iraq, useless. Do not waste your money on Facebook!!!!!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 By: EddyRock Member since: Jul 23, 2019
  18. Sam Khan

Sam Khan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 0
    Both result good, but most marketers who responded say they leverage video ads more so than images and 60% of those marketers said video tends to drive more engagement.

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 By: Sam Khan Member since: Aug 1, 2019
  19. sean213

sean213 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    if you think to post ad on facebook for growing any content or channel its good but dont do this for increasing sales... dont expect much on social media sites..

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 By: sean213 Member since: Nov 5, 2019
  20. Number1

Number1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 1
    Well that's going to cost hime a grand at least - we went through this same process ourselves and everyone we spoke to wanted a grand, or a grand or even a grand he he - although I personnallly like video as a marketing tool, it just too pricey.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 By: Number1 Member since: Nov 7, 2019