Anybody dealt with 'PaymentSense' Merchant Co???

Discussion in 'Retail' started by Stevie Wonder, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotel-man

hotel-man UKBF Contributor

61 14
    I'd quite like the answer to the previous Q too.

I had been offered rates by Lloyds TSB and had made contact with PaymentSense to see what their charges were.

It took them THREE WEEKS to respond to my enquiry through their website.

They offered me reasonable rates but were higher than Lloyds.

They promise to beat any rates so went away with details of the Lloyds deal.

That was FOUR DAYS AGO and I'm still waiting to hear back from PaymentSense. They did set me up with a demo account to see what it was like.

I'd love to go with them as I detest dealing with the major banks any more than I have to (and my pms software already has links set-up for PaymentSense so is easy to integrate).

Sadly, their customer service is letting them down and leaves me with one HUGE question mark over using them.

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 By: hotel-man Member since: Sep 16, 2012
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. BenKirkwood

BenKirkwood Contributor

294 48
    Hi Hotel-Man,

If you can send me a PM with your business details I'll look into this, what you describe is not acceptable to us - Please PM your details to me and I will have someone investigate fully.

thanks,
    Ben (PaymentSense snr. Mgr)

Posted: Dec 3, 2012 By: BenKirkwood Member since: Aug 4, 2010
  3. barry7281

barry7281 UKBF Newcomer

24 0
    Hi there I can help you out with some advice how to get a new contract without needing to sign in for 60 month plus can help you with the new legal requirements just PM me.

Barry

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 By: barry7281 Member since: Jan 3, 2013
  4. barry7281

barry7281 UKBF Newcomer

24 0
    No problem if you detest working with major banks and you are looking for service I should be able to help you out with that. We are independent and operate in UK, USA and canada......... just PM m for more details

Barry

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 By: barry7281 Member since: Jan 3, 2013
  5. CharityClear

CharityClear Contributor

230 38
    Just noticed this. For clarity, we have absolutley no hidden charges or set up fees above our quoted tariffs.

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 By: CharityClear Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  6. CharityClear

CharityClear Contributor

230 38
    Just noticed this. For clarity, we have absolutely no hidden charges or set up fees above our quoted tariffs.

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 By: CharityClear Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  7. gibby

gibby Contributor

1,247 120
    Ive just had a quote from Payment Sense and rather confused.

The rep said it was a 5 year contract for the card machine but the rates were far better than Streamline, who are messing us around at the moment.

The ecommerce package was only a 3 month contract with better rates than streamline but they want £200 upfront as a fee.

Ive got a few more quotes coming in and wondering who offers shorter contracts and good service?

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 By: gibby Member since: Sep 11, 2007
  8. Ian Spielman

Ian Spielman UKBF Newcomer

59 6
    We offer 12-18 months in ecommerce with her competitive rates. Our PDQ contracts range from 12-36 months. :)

Fidelitypayment.co.uk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using UK Business Forums

Posted: Mar 13, 2013 By: Ian Spielman Member since: Sep 12, 2012
  9. TheGeekestLink

TheGeekestLink Contributor

371 23
    I've had a few issues with PaymentServe at the moment. Their contract was extremely confusing but I thought it was all sorted before I signed as we spoke at length over the phone.

Of course, the confirmation email from that discussion never materialised so I have nothing but thin air (and a few vague emails) to show my concern, but they've been charging me 40 quid a month for apparently nothing, which is rather worrying, and I fear getting that money back will be next to impossible.

Overall, I'm unhappy because the invoicing system is complicated to the point that nothing's really very clear, so I never know what payment relates to what.

We'll see if I get any resolution on this today but what started as an e-commerce gateway has turned into a much more expensive venture, despite my efforts to keep the costs to exactly what were quoted to me originally.

Posted: Mar 13, 2013 By: TheGeekestLink Member since: May 4, 2011
  10. GPHO

GPHO UKBF Newcomer

5 1
    Seeing it from the company's point of view, I can see why they would devote resources to cutting their profit margins. It's to keep their valued customers. A few year ago, Vodafone called me to offer me a reduction in rates because they became aware their competitors' rates were dropping and they didn't want to lose theirs. They dropped my rates, I was a satisfied customer and am still using their services. Had I followed the advice to change without giving my existing supplier a chance to review I might well have ended paying more than I needed to be. It's not so dumb to be pro-active when your competitors' rates are falling.

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 By: GPHO Member since: Apr 5, 2013
  11. GPHO

GPHO UKBF Newcomer

5 1
    I'm afraid my experience was that the sales people avoided telling me how long the contract they were offering had to run and indeed took steps, I think, to distract me from finding out until it was too late and I had signed without looking in too much detail at the contract. A stupid mistake on my part, I admit, but it's easily done while the sales people are applying subtle pressure and giving assurances that it'll all turn out all right in the end. I would have been perfectly happy to keep with the rates I was paying to the old provider if I could have avoided a five year commitment. Now I have signed up to paying a total rental of at least twice the replacement value of the terminal. I never want to see the salesman who, as I see it, stitched me up in this way again. His mendacity has left with me with two providers, both of whom demand to be paid, for the next nine months. This is one PaymentSense customer who wishes he'd never heard of them.

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 By: GPHO Member since: Apr 5, 2013
  12. AndrewHam

AndrewHam UKBF Newcomer

4 0
    With regards to Paymentsense. I have attempted to comment on my take on their contracts, without commenting on their service as I was very upfront that I had not signed with them, but have seemingly been not allowed to on this forum both by them (paymentsense) and the forum moderator. Not sure how that works but so be it. I came across a company called independent merchant services who so far, fingers crossed, have proved to be fantastic in sorting out the minefield that is the merchant services industry. If they prove to be as good as they have been so far I shall be very very pleased and will comment further. I should state that I am in no way associated with them at all...

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 By: AndrewHam Member since: Mar 12, 2014
  13. japancool

japancool Contributor

4,802 1,083
    I'm sorry, are you saying the forum moderators have actively told you that you are not allowed to comment on PaymentSense?

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 By: japancool Member since: Jul 11, 2013
  14. AndrewHam

AndrewHam UKBF Newcomer

4 0
    Hi Japancool, No, that is slightly exaggerated. I'm saying that I had experience of paymentsense contracts, in that I read it and found it to be extraordinarily, in my opinion at least, onerous to the consumer. And therefore I did not sign up with them. I make and made absolutely no comment on the service they may or may not provide as I have not experienced it though I did notice in their contract that they specifically stated that "time shall not be of the essence in the performance of the paymentsense services" which I , again in my opinion, thought left a great deal to be desired. I attempted to comment as such on this forum and was told by someone on here who appears to work for paymentsense (or is at least affiliated with them) that my comments were not eligible for publication as the policy of this forum was not for individuals who had had a bad experience with a particular company to sign up and slate them. I was equally told by them that I should not take my post not being published as in any way an attempt by the company in question to subdue my opinion. I was subsequently told the same (ie that one should not just sign up and slate a particular company) by a moderator of this forum but I found it very odd that I was first contacted by the company (or at least someone who appears to be affiliated with them) informing me that my, admittedly not flattering post, was to be rejected. Make of that what you will...

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 By: AndrewHam Member since: Mar 12, 2014
  15. japancool

japancool Contributor

4,802 1,083
    Fair enough.

I think I did see your comment about the "time not of the essence" in another thread.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 By: japancool Member since: Jul 11, 2013
  16. LMDServicesUK

LMDServicesUK Barking Mad - Home Boarding for Dogs Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

961 116
    PaymentSense provides Business services to Businesses, we do not sell to end Consumers of any sort ?

We offer standard (up to 60 month) hardware leasing agreements, with no auto renewal clauses and at the end of the minimum term it becomes a rolling 30 day agreement.

If you are a Sole Trader or Partnership there is an early exit option after month 18 (subject to restocking and other fees).

Can you expand on what you mean by this comment ?

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  17. mconridge

mconridge Contributor

638 71
    We have PaymentSense terminals in four of our stores. Never had an issue, rates competitive, service fine, invoices easy to understand.

As with all contracts you need to read the small print, and there is a lot of it but that's normal these days unfortunately. If you read the small print and complete all correspondence via email then you can't really go wrong IMO.

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 By: mconridge Member since: Nov 22, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. sytra

sytra UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    we are looking at leaving Payment Sense after nearly 3 years, while the service has been OK but not brilliant, we don't have a shop anymore and only trade online so have no need for the card terminal. We have been making the rental payments month after month for the last year or so since the shop closed as we were told we couldn't get out of the contract!!

You say there is ways to escape the contract, please explain how much the fees are etc and how we go about exiting the contract. We do not want to be paying for the next 2 or 21/2 years for something we have no use of!

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 By: sytra Member since: Dec 6, 2009
  19. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Pls pm me and I will ring you later to see if I can help. Who do you use for your online shop merchant acc ?
    Mark

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  20. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    If you are a Sole Trader or Partnership you can legally cancel your contract with FDGL by giving them notice and paying the restocking fee which is £ 190 plus VAT.
    There may be also be an FDMS Merchant account cancellation fee as well, but if you still need to keep an active Merchant account for your online Business it may be possible that you could seek agreement to transfer the account to your online business (although you might need to apply for a new account to replace the existing one).

As I have mentioned earlier please PM me and I will be happy to telephone you to discuss your possible options re this matter.

Mark

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.