123-reg email problem

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Hedgie, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hedgie

Hedgie UKBF Ace Free Member

2,310 305
    Anyone use 123-reg webmail?

It is proving to be a real hassle whenever I want to log in. The open exchange server login page just sits there saying 'loading scripts and content 0%' and won't log in.

I urgently need emails from the account but can't get access to it :mad:

The flamin' site support is useless!!

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 By: Hedgie Member since: Aug 17, 2007
  2. wyld

wyld UKBF Newcomer Free Member

31 9
    I agree 123-reg is crap but this maybe a browser issue or you need to update your flash player or Java or Windows Upsdates in the first instance try using a different browser. I am guessing you are using Internet Explorer try Firefox!!

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 By: wyld Member since: Feb 12, 2012
  3. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,383 167
    If you are facing problems with email, why not change your provider, you can go for cpanel Linux hosting , you get 3 webmail options , squirrelmail, horde, roundcube, they load fast and has no problem at all.

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  4. 123reg

123reg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 1
    Hello,

My name is Nerys and I work for 123-reg.

The difficulty you have experienced may be caused by a browser issue, have you tried to connect using a different browser?

If you have and you are still experiencing this issue please use the123-reg support site to raise a ticket to our support team. When doing this please ensure that you include the email address this relates to, information on the browsers you have used and the times this issue occurs.

Regards,

Nerys

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 By: 123reg Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  5. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,247 9,171
    In which case it means your email service is pants.

And your support systme is equally poor - all I got was automated replies and the person who did eventually respond didn't understand the problem - their first suggestion was to install the latest version of IE.

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. giffgore

giffgore UKBF Newcomer Free Member

345 79
    Use a different service. 123-reg, in the experience of me and many others, are a bunch of con artists. Google some reviews about them written after having used them for a bit (as opposed to "I just registered today and it was easy!") and you'll likely get the same response too.

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 By: giffgore Member since: Jan 31, 2012
  7. 123reg

123reg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 1
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with the 123-Reg service.

If you would like to PM your domain name/email address and your contact details I will be glad to get in touch and look into your issues further.

Regards,

Nerys

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 By: 123reg Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  8. Stretchy

Stretchy UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,454 1,403
    Just to provide some balance. I have used 123-reg for many years for registering domains and for e-mail and have never once had any problem.

On the down side, I tried their hosting and it was terrible.:(

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 By: Stretchy Member since: Jun 11, 2010
  9. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,029 1,476
    Everything about 1-2-3 is a trainwreck. Their non-standard interface makes migration to and away a nightmare.

I learned years ago, after pulling their thorn from my paw, to never stick my bits inside their thorny bush again.

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  10. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,247 9,171
    The registration system is fine. It's easy to use and manage and once you have found the DNS updatre page, changing the NS is a doddle.

Wouldn't use any of their other services though.

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  11. giffgore

giffgore UKBF Newcomer Free Member

345 79
    Something I (and many others) got hit by was the auto-renewal scam, where they set all your domains to renew automatically and expect you to know how to turn it off. Even worse, the page to turn this "feature" off is worded in a way which misleads customers into thinking that it'll cancel the whole domain instantly.

When this happened to me, their so-called "customer service" promptly fobbed me off after pointing to their T&Cs and small print. Now, for most people I guess this is enough to get them to give up, but they nicked over £20 off me so I wasn't so ready to do so (£20 = a dinner for two or a cinema trip or loads of booze :D). In the end - after a whole day of stress and aggro - I was luckily able to get a refund through a PayPal dispute, which they ruled in my favour on within 24 hours. Guess they must be used to sorting this issue out, eh?

I wouldn't recommend 123-reg to anyone, the hosting is terrible and they'll scam you on the domains. One of the worst companies I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with.

For evidence that this issue is common, just click here. It's been very well documented.

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 By: giffgore Member since: Jan 31, 2012
  12. wyld

31 9
    Ah the famous 123-REG "Thieves of domain names" tooo I pre-registered a .eu domain with you guys nearly a year before they was released and wallah yes I was allocated it payment taken from my credit card and used for approx 3 months when suddenly removed from my account and Told PIPEX owned it the new people that took 123-REG over after many emails and arguments I still didnt get it back but it still remained pointing to my site until expiry UNUSED by Pipex.

MUST POINT OUT WAS NEVER REFUNDED EITHER :-(

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 By: wyld Member since: Feb 12, 2012
  13. Rain-shine

Rain-shine UKBF Regular Free Member

119 7
    I too am having problems and have been for DAY.
    Decided due to emails not being received in my webmail account and constant error messages/time out messages to integrate this with outlook. Turned out not to be a good idea! I now have my emails in my inbox in outlook but cant send any. People are now saying they are getting error messages when trying to send me emails. I have been on to "support" and been told it is a "local" issue and to uninstall my antivirus software. Should have trusted my better judgement as after doing this i STILL cant send any emails! FRUSTRATION is not the word for it. The timeout messages are NOT a local issue as my business partner in another part of the country receives the same messages and has to constantly log in and out again too. :(

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 By: Rain-shine Member since: Aug 23, 2011
  14. webfusion

webfusion UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 1
    Rain-shine and wyld,

If you wish to private message me details of your 123-reg accounts I will look into these issues for you.

Ray

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 By: webfusion Member since: Apr 7, 2011
  15. wyld

31 9
    I moved all my domains out after you stole mine and now have all 2000 plus of them in Fasthosts So dont have a account anymore and never intend having one again :-(

Oh I will tell you the domain in question local2.eu (Good wasn't it) Considering my Company was Local2.ltd.uk and I owned local2.com as well

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    Posted: Feb 16, 2012 By: wyld Member since: Feb 12, 2012
  16. webfusion

17 1
    123-reg does auto renew domains, but we send at least 4 reminders in advance, starting at 60 days before the domains expiry date. These reminders state that you can turn off the auto renewal within your 123-reg user control panel and explains how to do this.

We will update the wording in the control panel, however it is not there to mis-lead.

123-reg are open and honest in this way, one of our leading UK competitors renews all domains unless you cancel, not within your control panel, but externally on a second site. They renew the domains, and then charge you, if auto payment fails they then send you to a debt collection agency.

With 123-reg, we pre-warn you several times, giving you ample opportunity to turn off renewal and if payment fails, we do not renew the domain, saving you bad credit with the debt collection side of things.

As a registrar, we have two options, auto-renew or auto-expire. We have tried both methods but with active renewal rates outweighing active expiration's, we have chosen to help the majority of our customers with auto-renewal while ensuring that there is a no quibble simple method to turn off renewals.

I ask at this point, what more should we do?

Posted: Feb 28, 2012 By: webfusion Member since: Apr 7, 2011
  17. KM-Tiger

KM-Tiger UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

9,911 2,632
    Do you monitor delivery success/failure of the automatic reminder emails?

The reason I ask is that I recall a thread here on this forum from someone who had missed the renewal emails as the address was no longer valid.

Posted: Feb 28, 2012 By: KM-Tiger Member since: Aug 10, 2003
  18. Dominic Taylor

Dominic Taylor UKBF Ace Full Member

1,174 254
    I can't speak for the accuracy of 123's auto-renewal system but every day we have at least one call from someone who hasn't updated their email address and who expected us to somehow automatically know their new one. I can only imagine how many similar scenarios 123-reg deals with.

Posted: Feb 28, 2012 By: Dominic Taylor Member since: Jun 19, 2008
  19. webfusion

17 1
    [FONT=&quot]We do not do this at the moment, however the plan is that we will monitor bounce backs and when a customer logs in to their control panel and has had bounced emails, that we will display a message asking them to update this. Along with that, our internal support tool will highlight the email address bounce backs to the teams so that we can actively ask customers to update the details when we have them on the phone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is in plan with the regeneration of our system generated emails project, which is nearing completion for summer 2012.[/FONT]

Posted: Feb 28, 2012 By: webfusion Member since: Apr 7, 2011
  20. GRNChris

GRNChris UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Yes, I have to say I've experienced similar problems with this firm on a couple of occasions. Most recently when all of a sudden I couldn't receive my email. It kept coming up invalid username, or password.

I rang there support who insisted that it must be my PC despite the fact that neither my laptop, or other two mobile devices were picking up the email from the account either.

The solution in the end was to reset my password, but its a mystery why my password decided to change itself in the first place. Despite me asking them to get to the bottom of this they just closed the call a couple of days latter.

As a business we all know how vital email can be and it is disconcerting to know that out of the blue email problems can occur.

The only advice I can give is try to access your email on another PC or mobile device and if it works then you know its a problem with 123 and not your PC.

Posted: Feb 28, 2012 By: GRNChris Member since: Apr 27, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.