Yoast SEO Premium

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Neil Lukins, May 23, 2019.

1. Neil Lukins

Neil Lukins UKBF Contributor Full Member

40 4
    Hi,

We are currently managing our own wordpress site and was tempted to upgrade to Yoast SEO Premium.

It's only £79 a year but I just wanted to check if it was worth the cost?

Neil

Posted: May 23, 2019 By: Neil Lukins Member since: Sep 7, 2017
  2. StephenSumner

StephenSumner UKBF Regular Full Member

122 33
    Take a look at a plugin called RankMath, it does the same, it seems less full of code bloat and will mean your sites PageSpeed is a touch quicker. I swapped Yoast for this one and my site is running a fraction quicker!

Cheers

Stephen

Posted: May 23, 2019 By: StephenSumner Member since: Oct 15, 2016
  3. Neil Lukins

Neil Lukins UKBF Contributor Full Member

40 4
    Thanks Stephen,

I've just taken a look at some historical threads and have answered my own question. Best not to pay the extra £79.

I have been trying to get everything with a green light to improve onsite Seo. Now I know this isn't the priority.

I'll take a look at your suggestion.

Posted: May 23, 2019 By: Neil Lukins Member since: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Darren_Ssc

Darren_Ssc UKBF Regular Free Member

344 66
    All you really need is the ability to customise the page title, canonical url and an easy noindex option. Anything extra is just b*****ks. :)

Posted: May 23, 2019 By: Darren_Ssc Member since: Mar 1, 2019
  5. xoxoseo

xoxoseo UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 1
    I simply do not use it. From what I know every plugin might have a bug one day, and one of my client experienced that with xx plugin for Wordpress. And cos of their mistake a client lost 80% of traffic for a few months, until we managed a situation, waited, tried other solutions, plus indexation issues.

Posted: May 26, 2019 By: xoxoseo Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,368 8,923
    It's even less than that - the traffic lights are a big red herring.

Posted: May 26, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. Tin

Tin Just an SEO Staff Member

5,842 1,605
    If you know what you're doing with SEO and know what you need to do on a page by page basis then Yoast isn't going to bring anything to the table other than a number of other convenient tools. If you aren't up to speed with on-site and if that's specifically what you're needing then Yoast isn't the right tool.

Posted: May 26, 2019 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  8. Darkterror

Darkterror UKBF Contributor Free Member

48 4
    All I know simply goes with free version of Yaost SEO or All-in-one SEO pack or something else, it's good to have but I think it's not worth 79 pounds a year really. How do you think they really go about for that ? I think it's not worth it personally.

Posted: May 31, 2019 By: Darkterror Member since: Mar 17, 2019
  9. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,029 1,475
    Oddly, you can have all green lights for Yoast, rank for nothing, have a million errors in the content, be written in Engrish and be a complete brand embarassment.

Sorry, but rather than relying on a generic plugin like Yoast [many prefer AIO anyway], how about trying some SEO education so you can properly create titles, meta descriptions, H1's, first paragraph content filled with semantically related phrases, interlink, optimise your photos, and more?

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009