General Business Forum Brought to you by Square
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

XLN Card Processing -any good?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by theflyingpig, Jan 6, 2012.

1. theflyingpig

theflyingpig UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 1
    Hi All,

I'm currently using streamline for card payments in my shop, but a rep from XLN came in recently and the rates look WAY better - so good I can't help but think there is a catch.... anyone use 'em?

thanks!

Huey

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 By: theflyingpig Member since: Apr 27, 2010
  2. PureParty

PureParty UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 1
    I've just signed up but then been told of delays in getting payments through after the actual card transactions etc and one banks business advisor saying to stay with current provider even if more expensive..

confused!

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 By: PureParty Member since: Dec 1, 2009
  3. british steve

british steve UKBF Ace Free Member

1,482 303
    Google XLN complaints then decide! To be fair most of the complaints are about the telecom services they offer but that may well be because they have only offered payment services for less than a year!!!

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 By: british steve Member since: Oct 1, 2009
  4. angelamg

angelamg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I recently switched from Streamline to XLN because on the surface, they offered a much better deal.
    Reality is, I'm actually worse off & it's a very odd set up.
    I feel I've been completely conned & I'm now caught in a 48 month contract.

The terminal rental was about £12 a month cheaper than Streamline & processing rates are fractionally better. I'm a tiny business so it all helps.
    I was advised of a minimum monthly charge of £30, no problem.
    They omitted to say this was for processing only & excluded the rental.
    Therefore the minimum is £46.80.

As I open seasonally, it's unsuitable.
    I explained this at the outset however on scrutinising the contract, the rep ticked the 'NO' box for seasonal operations.
    I should have seen it but I didn't. There's loads of small print but......
    So now I'm paying £30 a month for processing even if I'm closed.

They omitted to mention £4 a month for terminal insurance.
    This would be covered under my business insurance & I'm now attempting to have the charge removed which is time consuming & tedious.

I wasn't happy with a 48 month contract but the rep said this was the minimum & providing I stuck with them for a year, if I retired or sold the business (which is my intention), it wouldn't be a problem.
    Wrong again.
    XLN seem to be just agents. then there's a company called Ladco who collect the rental then there Alavon who take the credit card fees directly from my sales.
    There's another area Iconnect.com where I can view the bills.
    A paper bill costs £3 month.
    It appears I have to pay to get out of this contract. All companies refer me back to XLN - & wish me luck with a wing & a prayer!
    XLN's marketing 'guarantees to beat your current price & save up to 30%'.
    Streamline is without question ultimately cheaper, reliable & honest.
    I cannot believe I've been this gullible & stupid but then they are very slick.

Posted: Mar 17, 2012 By: angelamg Member since: Mar 17, 2012
  5. merronyj

merronyj UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    XLN Card Processing services, beware of them. All of the above is true but also one has to become PCI compliant to save a £17 a month charge, which angelamg, you may also be paying ontop of your insurance and minimum monthly charge.
    They have hidden the details very well.
    All very stressfull

Posted: Apr 27, 2012 By: merronyj Member since: Apr 27, 2012
  6. arcon5

arcon5 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,557 495
    Isn't this standard? Usually the time between processing a payment and it hitting your bank is 3-7 days, more for higher risk industrys.

Posted: Apr 27, 2012 By: arcon5 Member since: Sep 6, 2006
  7. Zara dolan

Zara dolan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    DO NOT USE XLN CARD PROCESSING!!
    we have used xln card processing for less than a year now, they will tell you anything to get you to sign up with them. They are only a middle man the customer service is shocking.
    We had legal entity change in our company, we informed them and provided proof of change of directorship, it continued for 6 months with hundreds of phone calls asking them to process thus change so that we were able to receive the money that had been processed by card. For a small business like our it is very important that cash flow continues. Because of the legal entity changes put a hold on the money and refused to pay us. Them and first data each blamed ea h other for the delay. After 6 months we had no choice but to take the machine off and get a new provider. 8 months later first data have agreed to pay us by cheque which we have still not received after a further 2 weeks. We have lost a total of £48,000 because of the lack of card machine and not to mention the phone calls we had to make and the solicitors fees. We are currently speaking with the financial ombudsmen and hope that we will be paid what we're owed. I have also contacted bbc watchdog to do an investigation in to this terrible company.

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 By: Zara dolan Member since: Jan 30, 2017
  8. Rotor

Rotor UKBF Contributor Free Member

52 4
    Avoid XLN - sharp practice , the agents lie to get your order - sneaky unclear contracts - AVOID!

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:27 PM By: Rotor Member since: Oct 30, 2009
  9. consultant

consultant I Can Help Your Business Staff Member

5,284 736
    STOP!!!!!!

Before you make a decision to change, look at several other suppliers. If you are looking to change, DO NOT just look at the bloke who walked through the door!

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:38 PM By: consultant Member since: Jan 21, 2008