Would love some feedback

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Ursicles, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Ursicles

Ursicles UKBF Contributor Full Member

76 11
    Hello all,

Recently joined up and the folks on the main forum suggested we become proper members as lots of benefits involved including having you fine folks critique our website.

We are currently in our 'soft' launch phase, with the website only going live last week, so any comments you might have would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 By: Ursicles Member since: Oct 3, 2017
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,962 9,079
    This is the website: https://www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk/

Number 1 thing you need to fix: get a landline number and your FULL address.

Next thing: Tell people the area in which you operate. It doesn't tell me on any of the pages where you provide care.

Then: don't use stock images, add images of you and your staff and real clients.

After that: rewrite the copy to provide a lot more detail about the care you offer. List exactly what you get in a 15minute, 30minute, 1hour and so on visit.

Get testimonials. I want to see feel good stories on the site - it helps build trust.

Bin the blog. Adds no value. Or use the blog to tell patient stories: "Mary has Arthritis and struggles to get dressed. We do this for her..."

Change the homepage. Bin all the waffle and tell me what care packages you offer. The only reason anyone will be on the site is because the want a carer so that's all they want to see to begin with.

Drop the Map. Nobody cares where you live. All you need are your contact details and a contact form. And these should be on every page.

Don't Use Wix. Before you do any of the above escape the clutches of Wix. It's bad juju and will harm you business long term. I know the site was free but Wix isn't good for a whole load of reasons.

There is lots more but until you bin Wix you can't do all the things that need doing.

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. james_firmsites

james_firmsites UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

596 152
    I assume https://www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk/ ?

First thing that stands out is the site is not responsive, mobile & tablet compatibility is a must and I would look to fix this first.

Site feels a bit cold and clinical with the style, I get it is a care site but if you want people to trust you with their family members or own care I would look to make a warmer design.

Home page has good images but when you move inside these become much smaller and quite a large amount of small text. On the whole would not say this has been well designed for older users.

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 By: james_firmsites Member since: Dec 20, 2012
  4. fisicx

30,962 9,079
    It is sort of responsive. If you look at the site on a tablet or phone it works. If you resize a browser window is doesn't. The problem is Wix and their useless site builder.

5. james_firmsites

james_firmsites UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

596 152
    Yeah I would not consider that responsive, and agree 100% wix and their ilk are less than useless for most businesses.

I second your suggestion they change their site to something else!

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 By: james_firmsites Member since: Dec 20, 2012
  6. wpmechs.com

wpmechs.com UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 7
    Hi. For me, the site comes across as too clinical (like a dental surgery) and even faceless.
    1. You want people to trust you with the care of their loved ones but nowhere on the site do you reveal any of your identities. Post photos of your staff, their bios or a video interview with your key workers.
    2. Get client testimonials and stories about how your services made a positive difference.
    3. Less text.
    4. Be more human and friendly.

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 By: wpmechs.com Member since: Sep 1, 2017
  7. Ursicles

76 11
    How hard is it to move the site off wix onto something else, and what sort of cost will that entail - roughly?

Re the comments:

Number 1 thing you need to fix: get a landline number and your FULL address.
    - Agreed - we havent included this as yet as we finalising the lease on the office, so that will all be updated in time.

Next thing: tell people the area in which you operate. It doesn't tell me on any of the pages where you provide care.
    - It is on the front page, but probably lost in the blurb, so we should def spell this out more.

Then: don't use stock images, add images of you and your staff and real clients.
    - On the list as soon as we have clients and carers.

After that: rewrite the copy to provide a lot more detail about the care you offer. List exactly what you get in a 15minute, 30minute, 1hour and so on visit.
    - We dont want to do this as others have tried it and unless what they want within the time frame is listed they wont call.

Get testimonials. I want to see feel good stories on the site - it helps build trust.
    - Agree - once we have clients we will be

Bin the blog. Adds no value. Or use the blog to tell patient stories: "Mary has Arthritis and struggles to get dressed. We do this for her..."
    - Agreed - once we are trading we shall.

Change the homepage. Bin all the waffle and tell me what care packages you offer. They only reason anyone will be on the site is because the want a carer so that;s all they want to see to begin with.
    - Think we need to cut out some of the words - it is a very wordy front page. Maybe move it to the 'about us' page.

Drop the Map. Nobody cares where you live. All you need are your contact details and a contact form. And these should be on every page.
    - Map was supposed to show where we provided our services, will see if we can update that to do so.

Don't Use Wix. Before you do any of the above escape the clutches of Wix. It's bad juju and will arm you business long term. I know the site was free but Wix isn't good for a whole load of reasons.
    - Not sure if we are stuck on wix now as its built on the site?

8. ADNattan

ADNattan UKBF Regular Free Member

308 75
    Not being dense, but isn't that just filtering out people who don't want what you offer?

I'd add a qualifier to those details with a "bespoke" or "tailored" treatment. Basically a "you get what you want" session which leans more on your competencies than the black and white details of your treatment sessions.

That way you give people who need information before they buy what they need, along with an option for people who want something a little different.

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 By: ADNattan Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  9. Ursicles

76 11
    The problem is for 15 mins you get a basic care package, and for a lot of people they don't understand how long care takes, eg I can get out of bed, dressed and downstairs in 15 mins, but Mrs Smith might take 30 mins.

We need to do an assessment for each person, so cant give specifics easily.

10. fisicx

30,962 9,079
    Then tell prospective clients that. Tell them what they get in a typical 15 minute package. Or tell people the sort of services you offer.

I look through the site at the moment and can't work out if you can help me or not.

Moving away from Wix is easy. All you need to do is set up a site somewhere else and change the nameservers to point to the new hosting. The problem you have is you have built a site without focusing on what you want to achieve and making sure every part of the site is aligned to that aim. It is as you say very waffly.

If wanted a carer I wouldn't be called you. Not until there is some evidence that you can deliver. With 60 years experience there must be some feedback you can publish.

Give me call if you want some ideas on where to go next. This isn't a tout for business.

11. Ursicles

76 11
    Thats a fair comment ....

I think we need to put up some example cases from our time working at other companies, where we did make a difference to someone's life etc, would help to evidence the care we have and can provide going forward.

BTW - why is wix a bad thing - curious about that.

12. fisicx

30,962 9,079
    It's bad for SEO - meaning Google can't find you
    It's bad code - meaning google doesn't like it
    It's bad for development - meaning you can't add new features without paying or edit the code
    And you can't move it to a new hosting platform

All of which means you would be bound to wix forever and paying for things that are free elsewhere.

But if you set the site up using a CMS like wordpress you would sicover a whole world of free plugins and themes and freedom to do whatever you want. For free. And be very google friendly with thousands of developers, helpers, tutorials and support forums and ready to help and advise.

13. adzeds

adzeds UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 9
    Agree with the comments about Wix... I have been contacted by many clients looking for help with SEO and when we find they are on the Wix platform it is a right pain!

My advice would be to ditch it early before you start growing your business and have to move everything at a later date as that opens the door for migration problems... Which will likely mean you have to pay an agency to move the site for you, unless you have a tech/dev working for you who is very skilled at it.

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 By: adzeds Member since: Apr 13, 2012