Website review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Oliver82, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Oliver82

Oliver82 UKBF Newcomer Full Member

21 0
    Can i ask that you take a look at my site and see what people think. We have had it up for about 6 months now and sales have been slow. Its not a huge concern as i am more than aware that you cant just build a website and expect to become the new amazon overnight. We sell our products elsewhere and when doing exhibitions or markets then we can sell 15-20 per day so we know that people like the product. Finally i am sure someone will pick up on the picture in the accessories section. These will be changed this evening.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 By: Oliver82 Member since: Jan 18, 2017
  2. Oliver82

21 0
    Sorry i have not enough posts to post the link. Its Revilo Images

3. Oliver82

21 0
    www. revilo-images. co. uk

4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,229 10,156
    All the images look computer generated. It looks like a rendered wall with a MS paint frame that with the image of the posted superimposed on the top. The description are weak and when I clicked for print only the image didn't change to show the print only.

All you are doing is displaying the products. You aren't selling the products. To do that you need actual photos of the posters and some great descriptions.

Your page: https://revilo-images.co.uk/collect...permint-club-26th-july?variant=12427007459407

£19.99 for print only plus £2.99 shipping

On Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVERLY-BROTHERS-Duanes-Peppermint-Club/dp/B06XV8B22Q

£2.99 plus £3.99 shipping

Guess which one I'm going to buy...

And I can't see any contact details on the site other than an 0330 phone number. Makes you look very iffy.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. Oliver82

21 0
    Thanks for the initial feedback. Addressing your points, they are computer generated becuase my images are comptuer generated but i know what you are saying with regard to having a photograph of the physical product. I am not sure about your point on descriptions, i dont descriptions on the posters at the moment but the descriptions on the other products have taken me hours and hours.

The poster you have linked to is simply a A4 print, literally anyone can do that. I produce large, high end framed prints. But i agree i need to work a little more on the price of these. I havent paid to much attention to those as they are a new collections. The Pop Art is my main focus and where my advertising points at.

Thanks again for your feedback, some good points.

** Edit, having re-read you post all your points only seem to relate to the vintage poster section.

6. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    I looked the popartmyphoto page and it suggests this is some affiliate of popartmyphoto.co.uk

I went to that URL and it brought me back to this page. So I'm a little confused. I'd bin the logo woth the URL.

However, this appears to be a totally different service to the rest of the site. I uploaded an image of a landscape - no heads anywhere but couldn't see how to select the colours to match my home (like it says in the blurb). Is the print glossy, matt or can I have something funky? Can I have non-reflective glass? Can I choose the frame colour/style?

It looks like a great service but it looks like a normal shop page - you do do some really funky things with the layout to make this page pop.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. Oliver82

21 0
    This is excellent feedback, thank you. I will action this immediately.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 By: Oliver82 Member since: Jan 18, 2017
  8. fisicx

34,229 10,156
    The problem is shopify. I'm not sure you will be able to do all the clever things you need without a custom page.

If it were me I'd separate the two parts of the business. Keep the posters on shopify and make popartmyphoto.co.uk a different custom built site.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006