Website review, ideas and feedback please

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by parkingandsecurity, May 24, 2019.

1. parkingandsecurity

parkingandsecurity UKBF Regular Full Member

186 25
    www.parkingandsecurity.co.uk

It is based on the theme from a member on here :). I KNOW some bits could do with improving but just not sure where/how.

I am mainly aiming this at B2B and in and around Norwich, Norfolk.

Posted: May 24, 2019 By: parkingandsecurity Member since: Sep 7, 2018
  2. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

1,015 210
    This can only be one theme, and it has to be the one that was aimed at tradesmen.

All I can say for now, your logo is so small, the blue and black writing underneath is impossible to read without a magnifying glass.

Wouldn't it make sense to remove parking and the other text, assuming its your tag lines or similar - and just have the shield, but much bigger.

Posted: May 24, 2019 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  3. parkingandsecurity

186 25
    This suggestion has now been actioned and makes sense.

Posted: May 25, 2019 By: parkingandsecurity Member since: Sep 7, 2018
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,357 8,923
    Reword the into, I do t want to read an ‘About Us’ blurb.

Bin the cookie thing. You don’t give me the option to reject cookies so it just covers up the footer (on my phone).

Need to sort out the 3 logos, they are too big and don’t link to anything.

Get help with the content on your service pages. It’s just a wall of text, no calls to action and difficult to extract the details.

Posted: May 25, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,902 1,029
    As Fisicx says, you need help with the content. A quick proof read would help, but you really need to understand how to actually encourage people to contact you. At the moment you are just giving basic info, and in some cases actually putting people off.

Posted: May 25, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  6. parkingandsecurity

186 25
    The issue i have with content is people understanding what i do if that makes sense.

also CTA's im not really sure how to implement them in the template. I did add some "request a callback" forms on some pages but not sure im keen on them...

Posted: May 25, 2019 By: parkingandsecurity Member since: Sep 7, 2018
  7. fisicx

30,357 8,923
    People landing on your site already know what they want. Your job is to convince them you can deliver.

For example, if I need out of hours patrols I want to see a list of the things you do. Show me how the RFID thing reports to my phone. Show me the sign you put up. Show me the van and driver.

The call to action is simple: use the page footer widget to give me your phone number and email address and a link to your contact page.

If you want, put your number in the content as well, a bit of CSS to make it stand out and job done.

Top Tip: sort out your marketing plan first then write the content to support the plan.

Posted: May 25, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. parkingandsecurity

186 25
    MY phone number and contact details are already in the footer widget - unless they arent showing up for some reason? I have no "marketing plan" per say but am always looking for new opportunities to market. Its not something that appeals to consumers so places to advertise are limited- and as you say do i want to drive traffic to a patchy website?

Posted: May 26, 2019 By: parkingandsecurity Member since: Sep 7, 2018
  9. fisicx

30,357 8,923
    You need to get this sorted BEFORE building a website. For example, if your marketing is based on adwords then you need to create landing pages that focus on converting the warm lead into a phone call.

The marketing plan is key to everything you do.

Posted: May 26, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  10. AllUpHere

2,902 1,029
    That there is your problem. You are trying to design a website in the dark because you have no strategy with which to guide it. You also misunderstand the job of the site. The site isn't going to explain to people what you do, and it's not supposed to persuade them they need the services you offer. If your marketing was well planned and executed, visitors landing on the site would already know they need your services, the site would simply confirm to them that you are the man for the job.

Posted: May 28, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  11. parkingandsecurity

186 25
    And you seem to be the man for that possibly from your signature?

Posted: May 29, 2019 By: parkingandsecurity Member since: Sep 7, 2018
  12. fisicx

30,357 8,923
    Maybe he is. Either way, you really need to get a marketing plan drawn up as this will drive everything on the website.

Posted: May 29, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  13. AllUpHere

2,902 1,029
    It's hard to tell without knowing more about your business. I tend to stay away from one man bands and very small micro businesses as they don't usually appreciate the need to spend money on research and planning. If you could give me an idea of turnover / number of staff, I'd be able to tell you whether or not I'd be able to help. The only exception to that is one man bands who are looking to grow rapidly, these are usually very good clients.

However , if I can't help, I'd be more than happy to have a chat to point you in the right direction.

Posted: May 29, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  14. saythisinstead.co.uk

saythisinstead.co.uk UKBF Regular Free Member

118 19
    In terms of your website, you need to decide what is your M.D.A.

What do you want a visitor to do?

What is your 'Most Desired Action'?

Once you know what that is, you can give a visitor some clues.

...so that they understand...'Ah..it looks like I should Click Here'

...instead of just providing random information and trusting that a visitor will figure out what to do....they WON'T....they'll just click away, never to be seen again for the rest of eternity.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 By: saythisinstead.co.uk Member since: Nov 30, 2017