Website review and testing please

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Paul murphy, May 2, 2019.

1. Paul murphy

Paul murphy UKBF Newcomer Full Member

17 3
    So i posted on the free membership and was astonished to find out how poor my new website is and how bad the speed rating was!!!
    Ive spent lots of money on the development of this site so can I have some advice about it and its performance and what to do next so I can go back to developer please.

I only wrote the content for the site

itscbd.co.uk

Much appreciated
    Paul

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Posted: May 2, 2019 By: Paul murphy Member since: Apr 24, 2019
  2. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,902 1,029
    I get bored with saying it, but you can't build a website without first investing time and a few quid working out a proper strategic marketing plan. Without a strategy, you can't possibly tell your web designer what they need to do.

Posted: May 2, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,357 8,923
    On what?

It's a $59 theme with woo-commerce and the elementor page builder. A halfway decent wordpress developer could knock this together in a day.

Anyway....

Whatever your marketing plan the chances are your only visitors will be those who want your products. Which means the shop needs to be the homepage. But you need to show a grid of the categories so I can drill down the specific product I want.

And you need to get rid of the filter column, people use phones so sidebars are pointless.

You then need to use product variants. CBD oil drops is one product. The flavours and sizes are variants of this one product. Organizing your products means it's much easier for your customers.

I'm gonna be miffed at paying £3.45 P&P every month for my 5ml bottle.

The product descriptions are weak and the images a bit naff. Look at a product on your phone and the theme doesn't do a good job at being responsive.

And you don't give me the options to reject cookies or at least select which ones I agree to.

Your Privacy policy is at odds with the way the site operates. checkout says:
    "Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy" but the policy doesn't tell me these 'other purposes'.

Generally though you need to sort out your marketing and then build a website that supports your marketing plan.

The actual website is cheap as chips to build.

Posted: May 2, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

519 78
    Can you give a bulk figure for that. How much did you spend it helps a lot to understand.

Posted: May 2, 2019 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  5. Paul murphy

17 3

Far too much by the looks of it

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: Paul murphy Member since: Apr 24, 2019
  6. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

1,014 210
    R.I.P hard earned money.

Posted: May 5, 2019 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  7. Paul murphy

17 3
    So after picking myself up from the floor , who can give me an idea on costs and guidance to make this website look and do what it should ?

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: Paul murphy Member since: Apr 24, 2019
  8. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,357 8,923
    Reorganise the contents as I explained above. Write better descriptions and get better images.

The look of the site depends on the theme. There are loads to choose from.

As to cost, you can get a simple Wordpress shop installed and configured for a few hundred. I did one yesterday for a client for £150. The cost was low because they had all the content and images already prepared. All I needed to do was install a free theme and configure.

Complex sites can cost a lot more but yours is about as simple as it gets. You probably could have done it yourself after watching a couple of you tube videos.

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,825 283
    Hi Paul, would be interested to know what you decided to do after this?

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011