Virtual or e receptionist

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by J.McVeigh, Sep 20, 2018.

1. J.McVeigh

J.McVeigh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 3
    Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a virtual or e receptionist? We need a service that answers incoming calls and then diverts them to the relevant person. We are considering both having a real person answering the phone or a recorded message with options to select.

Cheers,

J

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 By: J.McVeigh Member since: Mar 20, 2018
  2. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

7,114 1,308
    Gosh, I'm surprised you've had no answers to this already... Speak to Emma and her team at Answer-it: https://www.answer-it.co.uk/

I can fully recommend them. I used to own and run a call answering service myself, and when I sold the business, Emma's was the only other service that operated a similar friendly, ethical, reasonably priced service.

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  3. Andy Harris

Andy Harris UKBF Contributor Full Member

84 12
    I suspect a lot comes down to how many calls you're going to receive, and whether you want them to be instantly forwarded to people, or just an alert (e.g. email) sent to get your people to respond to them.

Cost may be a factor if you have a lot of those types of incoming calls. Services vary. 50p per call taken, £1 per call taken, and probably cheaper or higher.

Most services I've experienced have been good at handling 'overflow' calls,

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 By: Andy Harris Member since: Oct 3, 2009
  4. J.McVeigh

J.McVeigh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 3
    Most people call our mobiles, however, forwarding calls from the landline number when customers call in is essential. The business is operated remotely without an office. We are currently using Circle Loop, a cloud based phone service, but it just isn't working as we had hoped. It would only be dealing with around 10 - 20 calls to the landline per month. Call forwarding to the relevant person would be preferred over email.

Thanks,

J

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 By: J.McVeigh Member since: Mar 20, 2018
  5. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,438 3,067
    Posted: Sep 24, 2018 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  6. lazypbx

lazypbx UKBF Regular Full Member

153 22
    Posted: Sep 24, 2018 By: lazypbx Member since: Sep 14, 2012