The Envato Toolkit Plugin

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by positiveenergy, Mar 24, 2020.

1. positiveenergy

positiveenergy UKBF Contributor Free Member

90 8
    My web hosting company says that my website is no longer supported and will stop functioning very soon. Apparently I need the Envato Toolkit Plugin otherwise I will completely lose my website content. How much roughly will it cost to have this done does anyone know and who to contact? Thank you.

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 By: positiveenergy Member since: May 15, 2007
  2. WESH.UK

WESH.UK UKBF Contributor Free Member

87 19
    Hi Positive...

That toolkit is free. Your hosting company should be able to help you get it installed.

It's now called the "Envato Market WordPress plugin" now and you can find info on it here:
    https://envato.com/market-plugin/upgrading/

You won't lose your website content providing you take a backup of everything which they should be able to show you how to do or do it for you.

We do this often for many and will bend over backwards to ensure nobody loses anything or has any faulty websites.

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 By: WESH.UK Member since: Aug 11, 2018
  3. positiveenergy

90 8
    Thanks. The web hosting company (siteground) say they don't do it. How much would you charge to do it?

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 By: positiveenergy Member since: May 15, 2007
  4. WESH.UK

WESH.UK UKBF Contributor Free Member

87 19
    For our customers, we do it for free.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:04 AM By: WESH.UK Member since: Aug 11, 2018
  5. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,861 9,375
    You do it yourself. The same as any other plugin.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 6:26 AM By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. positiveenergy

90 8
    I don't know how to back up the website and I don't have the time either for it. I would rather leave it to an IT professional to do for me.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 10:12 AM By: positiveenergy Member since: May 15, 2007
  7. zigojacko

zigojacko I say it how it is Full Member - Verified Business

3,608 1,144
    Sounds like they're feeding you the biggest load of nonsense going. Hardly surprising from Siteground though. (Unless your website is so out of date, it now poses a security risk for them).

We offer support/maintenance plans on a retainer for businesses where we fully manage any plugin/security updates (etc) if you aren't able to take care of this yourself (if that's of interest).

Otherwise, as per above, it's a simple plugin install. The Envato Toolkit plugin just allows the Envato website to 'talk' to your website. So presumably, you're using a theme, plugin or something that has been purchased from them.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:13 PM By: zigojacko Member since: Dec 7, 2009
  8. positiveenergy

90 8
    I've found someone now who will do it for me.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:40 PM By: positiveenergy Member since: May 15, 2007
  9. obscure

obscure UKBF Ace Free Member

3,185 799
    You are hosted with Siteground (https://www.siteground.com/) ?? If so then backups are automatic and included in the package (unless you are on some ancient legacy hosting package from the 1990s).

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 4:55 AM By: obscure Member since: Jan 18, 2008