Press release / article on Serviced Apartments

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by Polly, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Polly

Polly UKBF Newcomer Free Member

111 1
    Hi all,

I've just been trying to put together an article/press release on serviced apartments. Please could you take a look and let me know what you think (be gentle it's my first attempt!). Thanks.

“No more hotels…
    Sometimes I just fancy beans on toast!”

The serviced apartment market in the South East is booming and demand is growing. It really is a no-brainer; serviced apartments are cost effective for businesses, great for employees’ well-being and productiveness…. help to spread the word….NO MORE HOTELS!!!!!

There is an alternative to hotel accommodation available for employees of Surrey businesses, of which they may be unaware; Serviced Apartments. Together with the larger national operators such as Saco and Bridgestreet, smaller businesses are now emerging, providing a more personalised and bespoke service

Identifying a gap in the local accommodation market, Polly Hartley, an ex-hotelier is one of these smaller operators and commenced her Camberley business, ExecutiveStay Apartments in 2006 located at the new Adagio housing development on the site of the old Elmhurst Ballet School

Polly commented “Something that has always stuck in my mind was a comment made by our very first guest in 2006. He was a senior business executive with a large aerospace company and had been working away from home 4 days per week for several months. He had been staying in a local 4 star hotel and was tired of the lack of space to relax and the same old Room Service menu or having to make the effort to dine out every night. He then heard about ExecutiveStay Serviced Apartments and explained his rationale for exploring this option ‘I want to relax after a long day at work and sometimes I just fancy beans on toast….’”

“ExecutiveStay provided him with the freedom and space to ‘live’ away from home in comfort as opposed to being cramped in a soulless hotel room. Several of his colleagues have now also stayed with us and they cannot imagine living in a hotel again!”

“Our apartments are proving very popular with the local blue chip companies, particularly as they are so close to the local transport links and the facilities of Camberley town centre. We provide a very personal service and really concentrate on building relationships with both guests and the head office bookers”

“A typical 4 star hotel would charge between £130-150 per night for one hotel room. Imagine if you had 2 executives working away from home on a project together. That’s a potential cost of £300 per night to accommodate them, not including their room service, laundry and broadband access bills. Our rates at ExecutiveStay for a 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment (giving more that twice the size of a typical hotel room) start at £99+VAT per night. The rates are fully inclusive with the exception of landline telephone calls. Wireless broadband, all utilities, cleaning, linen changes etc are all included”

Serviced apartments are clearly the smart choice for short or long term business stays. The other options are hotels or leased apartments. Although hotels give flexibility, space is restricted and dining out is a must. With a leased apartment, the minimum term is likely to be 6 or 12 months and even with a furnished apartment, items such as bed linen, towels, hairdryer, iron etc are not likely to be provided

Serviced apartments provide everything that is required to live away from home… from a washer/dryer to a corkscrew. The apartments are visited each week by a housekeeping team who clean the accommodation and change the bed linen, towels, dressing gowns, toiletries etc

The guests are able to leave their belongings in the apartment and food in the fridge over the weekend whilst they perhaps return home to see their families. Alternatively their families are able to visit them and stay for the weekend.

For further information contact Polly Hartley, Director on 0845 0514251 / 07919 100456 or
    [email protected]

r www.executivestay.co.uk is a luxury serviced apartment business based in Camberley, Surrey
    r Spacious - 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom spacious accommodation
    r Flexible - rent from 1 week to 1 year
    r Affordable - all inclusive cost effective accommodation solutions
    r Accessible - prime town centre location
    r Comfortable - fully furnished and equipped to a high standard

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 By: Polly Member since: Oct 19, 2007
  2. maxine

maxine UKBF Legend Free Member

6,568 2,023
    Hi Polly,

I dont have any experience with writing these things but I think it is great! I wonder if it would be worth looking at the annualised savings that some businesses have made?

Good luck.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 By: maxine Member since: Oct 13, 2007
  3. Polly

111 1
    Hi Maxine

Thanks for your comments. The business savings is a great idea - I'll be sure to include it.

Thanks

4. 10 Yetis

10 Yetis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,383 144
    Reads well but not sure it has a good enough angle to catch the media's eye. I agree with Maxing, identify the amount of money you are saving people and times it by the number of business people who use hotels in London.

Try and find the stat from somewhere like the Office of National Statistics or maybe a tourism or hotelier industry body.

Go with the wow factor figure with the headline and lead with that in the story.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  5. Polly

111 1
    Thanks Andy. I'll do some reserach and have another go. I tried to follow the format from the advice sheet on your website.... it was a great help

Thanks again

6. maxine

6,568 2,023
    what about some other statistical info such as how many people out of a 100 would prefer to stay in a serviced apartment, how many people say they have/would relax more?

7. 10 Yetis

2,383 144
    Bang a survey onto SurveyMonkey.com

Cheers for the kind words Polly... as I said, it read really well :)

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  8. maxine

6,568 2,023
    Just been on there and have done our customer satisfaction survey - took all of about 5 mins :)

9. Polly

111 1
    I've just been on there and done one too... what a fab website. Thanks for the link Andy. Is it appropriate for me to ask people on here to complete it as well as a selection of my own contacts?

10. 10 Yetis

2,383 144
    Yeah, people often post surveys on the forum so I cannot see why it would cause any bother. I was going ask Sift in Time Out what they thought about maybe adding a survey sub-section on the marketing and PR thread in case some people get fed up of me askign people to do surveys. :)

Don't forget to put a link to it on all your social networking site pages (faceSpace, MyBook, Bebo etc).

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  11. citypad

citypad UKBF Newcomer Free Member

112 4
    i think it reads really well. you have included important things. are you allowed to include pictures because that would be good.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 By: citypad Member since: Jan 15, 2008