Premier Calls Ltd

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Falkirk300zx, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falkirk300zx

Falkirk300zx UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 2
    I was contacted by them and was wondering if anyone has dealt or has any info on them?

I have done a google check with their name and can't find anything negative about them (or indeed anything else). They are offering a 50% discount on line rental (compared to BT) and having looked at their ppm for calls, looks like my company could save a nice amount of cash!

Here is their site: www.premiercalls.co.uk

I'm a bit skeptical of these phone companies, so any info would be great!

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 By: Falkirk300zx Member since: Mar 20, 2009
  2. xylen

xylen UKBF Regular Free Member

200 23
    Hi There,

The companies registered name is BUSINESS COMMS SOLUTION LIMITED - this is not mentioned on their website - instead they have listed Premier Calls Ltd which does not exist - so thats not a good start.

Secondly, its a fairly new company that was incorporated in Sep 2010 so they have not got a track record. Finally, the company director has another company that almost was dissolved by Companies House.

Their tariffs are pretty standard too (in terms of call charges). Im sure you can get a better deal with a more established company.

If you are looking for a new line, feel free to call me on the below number to discuss some options.

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 By: xylen Member since: Nov 2, 2010
  3. ebonybailey

ebonybailey UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,043 160
    great response.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 By: ebonybailey Member since: Jun 5, 2005
  4. Falkirk300zx

55 2
    Thanks.

To their credit when I expressed my doubts using this info, there was no hard sell and left it at that.

Xylen - I might give you a call on Monday to discuss options.

Cheers for your help!

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 By: Falkirk300zx Member since: Mar 20, 2009
  5. Falkirk300zx

55 2
    After my last post..... Stay clear of Premier Calls!!

They have 'slammed' me but thankfully BT put a stop to it!

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 By: Falkirk300zx Member since: Mar 20, 2009
  6. Gemma Adams

Gemma Adams Guest

1 0
    To the OP Falkirk300zx

My name is Gemma Adams and I am the Customer Relations Manager at Premier Calls. I was interested to hear that you felt your lines had been 'slammed.' Premier Calls will always cancel orders within the cooling off period (or transfer period as it is techincally known) if a new customer requests so.

If possible, could you contact me at gemma.adams at premiercalls dot co dot uk so we can look into this further and prevent anything like this happening again?

To address other comments in this thread, Premier Calls is our trading name, under Business Comms Solution Ltd. This is stated on all our paperwork and should be on our website. I can see that this is not stated clearly enough, and have alerted our developers to update it. Please feel free to contact me at the above address if anyone wishes to discuss any problems that they feel they may have, or our customer service number which is 01442 353100.

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 By: Gemma Adams Member since: Jul 18, 2011
  7. dwjay

dwjay UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I have just been called by a quite smooth and efficient telesales lady. It took quite some and insistent questioning to fully understand that what I was being asked to do. This it turned out was to accept a postal receipt of the terms and conditions and that once accepting the offer for them to post this info, I would have just 10 days to cancel any "agreement" I had entered into.
    This was confirmed by a supervisor.

BEWARE, this is by no means illegal, but it is a dubious way of ensnaring the less wary.
    It is also unfortunate in that it has raised my suspicions of the organisation which several times referred to their association with OpenReach thus giving the distinct but erroneous impression that they were part of the BT organisation. Of course they are only purchasing the services of, just as BT is.

I will take a little more time to investigate before contemplating any further contact with them...except, perhaps, an e-mail to Gemma Adams ?...

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 By: dwjay Member since: Oct 6, 2011
  8. royS

royS UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I have lost track of the number of cold calls that I have received from this outfit. A couple of weeks ago was one of these occassions and as I had some time on my hands, I thought I would listen to what they had to say. The approach was exactly the same as dwjay. I informed them that I do not conduct business this way, and that if they wanted my custom they should make their offer in writing, so that I could check them out and get back to them if I was interested.

Having made my point, I asked them if they wanted to verify the address details they had on file for me. Bearing in mind that they had called me, it transpired that not only was the address incorrect, they had me situated in a completely different town in a completely different county! At this point I terminated the conversation and told them NOT to contact me again. Apparently they do not listen as I have been cold called twice again this morning, one of them from the same guy that I spoke to a fortnight ago

This company is fast becoming an annoyance and a pain in the backside, and are now making me angry. In fact the next one that phones me had better be prepared for a very irate verbal bashing

In my opinion, I feel that entering into any kind of contract with this company would be opening the door to a hat-full of problems, so good luck to anyone who wishes to do so, but personally I would not touch them with a bargepole

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 By: royS Member since: Oct 10, 2011
  9. ITsoldUK

ITsoldUK UKBF Newcomer Full Member

2,221 666
    Call me picky BUT

Is it just a coincidence that a thread nearly 4 months old without reply suddenly gets 2 hugely negative responses from one post wonders in relatively quick succession.

OK, place your bets...how long before the REAL poster comes up with a different username and states....

WE CAN DO THIS FOR YOU.

Tired of this game, very tired

:mad:

I may be wrong, if I am apologises....but otherwise :p

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
    Posted: Oct 10, 2011 By: ITsoldUK Member since: Sep 15, 2011
  10. Guest

0 0
    Thanks, ITsoldUk

On reading this I didn't look at posting dates, but couldn't believe that I was on a forum professing to offer help & support to small business - more like a Sun reader's lynch-mob!

What I saw was a newish small business being dragged though the mud for crimes no greater than teleselling, using legal contract terms, and having a prior strike-off notice (routinely issued by HMRC for late filing).; OK, not having correct company details isn't good, but unfortunately it is an error commited by about 25% of small businesses and, in my experience, never mentioned by web developers.

Unless you have a genuine and significant grievance, please give small business a chance!

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 By: Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  11. Falkirk300zx

55 2
    You are a million miles off here.....

I quickly received 2 messages in my inbox, one was from someone who never previously posted (and hasn't since) and the other was from Premier Calls. This made me even more wary of this company, as the first message was a glowing report stating they were not the same company and how wonderful the service was.

The reason I have come back here was to show someone how Premier Calls used Google Alerts to quickly scan what was written about them. Then I see this on my thread, so I felt the need to reply.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Posted: Oct 27, 2011 By: Falkirk300zx Member since: Mar 20, 2009
  12. S.T.W

S.T.W Guest

1 0
    To Whom it may concern.

Re: Premier Calls:

I have had 12-18 months of constant problems and errors with Premier Calls. Despite me contacting Premier Calls by all means of contact I've had advisor errors, bill errors, wrong charging, increase in charges with no prior warning and to cap it all they tried to 'Hold Me to term' and thus force an extra 12 months contract on me. This, even though I had called them prior to the end current 12 months term to advise and sent a recorded delivery letter to back it up.
    To cut a rather long story short they are quite succinctly not up to the job as a reseller I would have no shadow of a doubt to say: final insult was that in February, they finally let me switch to another provider after 5months of further charges and bills etc.
    Their final bill/insult, received yesterday, had a £200 charge as they had added a 'Termination FEE':|

"STAY WELL CLEAR OF Premier Calls they are simply a disaster and NOT up to even the lowest standard".

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 By: S.T.W Member since: Mar 27, 2013
  13. Let it be known

Let it be known UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0

Posted: May 29, 2013 By: Let it be known Member since: May 29, 2013
  14. cfarnell

cfarnell UKBF Newcomer Free Member

83 12

Posted: May 30, 2013 By: cfarnell Member since: Apr 14, 2013
  15. Displeased

Displeased UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Lucky you! I can't escape their clutches and am wasting hours on the phone to Bt to try and get my line back.

In my opinion, Premier Calls are either fraudulent or negligent. They've not addressed my complaints and it's interesting to find out I'm not alone.

Premier Calls: if you're monitoring this forum act on my complaint as it'll be 8 weeks on Monday since you heard from me and it's clearly now time I called on the ombudsman and used all my social media (and media) contacts to share this horrendous tale

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 By: Displeased Member since: Oct 25, 2013
  16. Displeased

Displeased UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 By: Displeased Member since: Oct 25, 2013
  17. Whisk

Whisk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Beware !! This company is incapable of providing a professional service. - Inaccurate billing,- incorrect addressing of correspondence,- poor customer service. They have Posted other businesses account information to my address in error thereby possibly breaching data protection laws. They are very slow to respond to complaints.
    As a small business I really expect a telecommunications provider to be reliable and supportive. I am now thoroughly bored with the need to constantly correct this company's careless mistakes.

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 By: Whisk Member since: Jan 4, 2014
  18. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,447 3,073
    Why don't you leave?

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  19. Whisk

Whisk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Don't worry I will, as soon as I am able to resolve the small matter of a hefty termination fee.

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 By: Whisk Member since: Jan 4, 2014
  20. Falkirk300zx

55 2
    Looks like I had a very lucky escape and very thankful of BT informing me that the line transfer request looked suspicious!

I still get phone calls from them asking to switch across but I always (politely) decline.

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 By: Falkirk300zx Member since: Mar 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.