Please review my new product website

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Paul Musgrove, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Paul Musgrove

Paul Musgrove UKBF Newcomer Full Member

19 1
    I’m hoping to be ready to sell this product in the next couple of weeks, for me the website is ready… What do you think?!

I’m keen for feedback so don’t be shy.

It’s not strictly on sale yet so please resist from buying it right away, unless you want to of course!

First target market is going to people into mindfulness and personal development

Not sure what you guys will make of it. All feedback and suggestions is greatly appreciated, not just in the website but in the business and offering as a whole.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 By: Paul Musgrove Member since: Oct 3, 2019
  2. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

842 173
    I think I saw that product on shark tank years ago and they just ripped it apart for being a scam with no medical sience to actually back up the claims.

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  3. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Legend Full Member

10,346 4,324
    The problem you are going to have here with other business people is that nearly all business-minded people are practical and realistic, i.e. the last people to be 'into' mindfulness. Some may be but a sober perspective of whatever it is that you are selling is going to be coloured by their (and your) attitude.

That said and putting attitude to one side, you are selling a timer. OK, it's on a wrist and comes in a pretty box, but it is just a timer. For £38 I would have expected more than a timer. A book and a meditation CD would be my suggestion right off the top of my head.

Others will say their 30 cents worth about the website itself and IMO it's a bit 'bare-bones' and lacking in substance. Who are you, what is your record for work in 'mindfulness' and how can mindfulness help heath and happiness - there are the questions your website should help to answer.

Tip - we had a girl working here who became involved in the mindfulness movement and she gave up a good career and chances of business success in order to start a group promoting mindfulness for pain management, combined with a couple of SAT-registered osteopaths. Mindfulness on its own does not seem to be taken seriously, but gains general acceptance when put together with other more conventional treatment. Personally, I'll stick to beer.

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,815 3,025
    Ok starting off - bring up some sort of strap thing at £37.95.
    No idea what it is, what it does or why it has the letter E on it.

After several seconds - and I'm on broadband - can scroll down to see what it is.

Offhand you have way too much text.

A good horse runs even at the shadow of a whip - no clue why that is in there. Appears irrelevant.

I leave it to others to critique the item, however the website does not present the product well.
    Bunch of words strung together with the intention of getting search engines to find it? Reads badly when site owners do that.
    PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
    SPORT
    BUSINESS
    FITNESS
    MEDITATION
    plus some other words jammed together.

Energy efficient - where you put that, perhaps put about battery life? Long lasting to me is a couple of days for a mobile phone, couple of months for a torch, five years for a watch.

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  5. Paul Musgrove

19 1
    Loving the feedback guys thank you, useful stuff. Keep it coming ya'll.

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 By: Paul Musgrove Member since: Oct 3, 2019
  6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,458 9,914
    First thing to do is change the TLD - .company is totally wrong.

As already said above, all i seem to get for my money is a timer.

Just about everything in the page reads like BS. There is nothing tangible on the page, it's all made up marketing guff.

And it's a wix site....

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. Paul Musgrove

19 1
    I'm going to make some updates to the site, more images, less text, less hard selling, and I will reflect on the offering.. will repost it when done. Thanks. Watch this space

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 By: Paul Musgrove Member since: Oct 3, 2019
  8. zomex

zomex UKBF Regular Full Member

361 39
    Ignoring my opinion the product itself your website is not bad considering it's done with Wix but there is a lot that can be changed to improve it:

- there are so many different fonts used on the page. Try and stick to 2 fonts and keep all text a similar size aside from titles.

- in different sections of your website the content area has different widths. It is good practise to stick to the same width throughout the website.

- your website starts with a white background into a mix of images. I would recommend keeping it consistent.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 By: zomex Member since: Sep 10, 2010
  9. MBE2017

MBE2017 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,941 706
    I’m on fibre, and the website took best part of 25 seconds to load. Bearing in mind 85% of the country is on a slower service, I think many will click elsewhere before it loads.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  10. Paul Musgrove

19 1
    It's about 3.5 second load time according to pingdom, within the 2 - 5 second being average, maybe I was saving it as you were opening it? or maybe you need to contact your internet provider??

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 By: Paul Musgrove Member since: Oct 3, 2019
  11. fisicx

33,458 9,914
    2-5 seconds is slooooooow.

Wix is the problem not @MBE2017 ’s hosting.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  12. Paul Musgrove

19 1
    No 2 - 5 seconds is the average website loading time for all websites... Mine loads 3.6 seconds.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 By: Paul Musgrove Member since: Oct 3, 2019
  13. fisicx

33,458 9,914
    Posted: Feb 6, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  14. MBE2017

MBE2017 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,941 706
    I didn’t mean to cause upset, currently getting 39Mbhps for downloads, average for my fibre. All I can say is, all other sites load in half a second or so. I just re tried your site and it is loading faster this morning, now it is only talking 10/11 seconds to fully load. That is the main landing page, other sub sections load in 2/4 seconds.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  15. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,114 1,378
    As someone that always needs reminding to do things... especially after working hours, and I have plans to do things in the shed, but the missus loves to leave the heating on, which ultimately knocks me out as she has it on full blast... and I'm now cosy sat in my chair... watching the world fly by... until I suddenly drop off (Sleep Apnoea) to wake up 20 minutes later full refreshed... and raring to go... but with no time left as I've now got to do the pots, clean the kitchen and have a brew ready for the missus for when she comes home...

I don't get it. :confused:

I'm sorry, but what would a shaky watch remind me of?

A shaky watch isn't going to make me remember anything... if anything it will only annoy me because I can't remember what I'v set it to remind me about... but being told by something like my google home mini will though... and that was only £23.00...

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  16. menetworkjadaltd

menetworkjadaltd UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

584 85
    My old computer hates WIX sites... why'd ya do it man?!

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 By: menetworkjadaltd Member since: Dec 14, 2011
  17. Paul Musgrove

19 1
    Yes you could use it to get things done in the shed.. you would use the watch to remind you to;

imagine the shed done, yourself doing it, and the positive feelings you'll get when you've done it.

You might imagine that every say 30 minutes through the work day.

Throw in an affirmation "I'm just the sort of person that busy gets sh*t done"

Then, when you get home, because all day you've been thinking about the shed, without needing to be reminded by the wife, or having to force yourself, you're naturally going to want to do the shed. It's at the forefront of your mind. And you know exactly what you want to do... it is prioritised.

Ok. Maybe day 1 you fall asleep. Maybe day 2 you do too. But eventually.. because all you seem to think about is the shed, I think the shed gets done.

You will have cultivate motivation through focus-repetition, in that instance.

I am 're writing the website so hopefully you can comment again and it is explained much better than what is in there now.

Also I am hoping to reduce the load time further so thanks too to those that have highlighted that issue.

Back soon. Thanks for your comments

P.s.
    Wix I can edit myself. I know on old computers everything gets messed up same on my iPad 4 that won't update operating system.

I will see what my bounce rate is like and what Operating system etc folk use in the analytics and if I have to move it off wix for financial gain I will. Apart from that im sort of loving wix. We will always have problems on old machines regardless of wix.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 By: Paul Musgrove Member since: Oct 3, 2019
  18. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,114 1,378
    With all due respect @Paul Musgrove that is just your assumption that it will work... I'm thinking about building things all day, every day... the motivation is there for me, I don't need any more motivation... what I need is the wife to turn the sodding heating down!!

Your watch won't do that...

I won't do that... but...

I can honestly say, a shaky watch will not make me want to get into the shed... a shaky watch will only annoy me... as I said... I don't get the product... it doesn't make sense to me... Sorry, it just doesn't... o_O

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  19. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

10,229 2,009
    You could say the same thing about copper bracelets, but if enough people believe the marketing spiel they will sell.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/older-people/copper-bracelets-and-arthritis/

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005