Our newish website review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by IWW Limited, Dec 2, 2020.

1. IWW Limited

IWW Limited Full Member

60 8
    Hi guys,

We've had our website redesigned early this year, a lot of snaggs and a big snag list being worked on, would love to hear any feedback on our site?

https://www.industrialworkwear.com

Thank you

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 By: IWW Limited Member since: Oct 16, 2020
  2. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,813 10,641
    Looking on my phone half the screen is taken up
    With your cookie thing that doesn’t have to option to reject.

The hero image doesn’t fit on the screen.

Then I just get those big boxes for high vis and polos. Where is the whole range listed?

On the polo page you start by telling me what a polo shirt is then the huuuge list of filters. At the bottom we now get to the product.

By now I’ve given up and tried a competitor.

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

10,924 2,230
    I think it looks very good, genuine and trustworthy on desktop

On a mobile (or narrower screen setting) I completely lost the menu though, eventually saw the hamburger but it looks too much like part of the logo

Not sure about the request a quote and request a sample, should they only be on the corporate section?

Also when in corporate section it needs to be clearer how to get back to the retails section

Had I landed on this page https://www.industrialworkwear.com/corporate/products/ I wouldn't have known about your other products pages, I only saw the Visit Our Retail Site link because I was looking for it

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  4. Darren_Ssc

Darren_Ssc Contributor

1,925 694
    It's over-designed and the bold orange and black (inspired by a competitor, I guess?) is way too much.

The focus should be on the product, not the design. In this case, the product looks like an afterthought.

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 By: Darren_Ssc Member since: Mar 1, 2019
  5. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

10,924 2,230
    Posted: Dec 2, 2020 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  6. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,813 10,641
    On desktop now. Looks a lot better. But the whole top part is too dark and cluttered

I got to here:

https://www.industrialworkwear.com/procat/polo-shirts/?swoof=1&product_tag=high-visibility,long-sleeve&pa_pat=flameretardant&really_curr_tax=3420-product_cat

It says I can add my logo. So I clicked and got here:

https://www.industrialworkwear.com/opr/polo-shirts/fire-retardant-hi-vis-anti-static-polo-long-sleeved/

How do I add my logo?

It almost feels like you have focused too much on the design and not enough on the UX.

People visiting your site already know what they want. All you have to do is market the products to them. Everything feels clunky and awkward. Things don't happen as I expect so I not quite sure what to do.

And google reports a performance score of 9/100. That will hurt your ranking. Wordpress isn't the right platform for your business. And you appear to be hosted in the USA which doesn't help either.

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. computerbeing

computerbeing Full Member

33 5
    Perhaps the message on the homepage "what we do for our customers and what you can expect from us" is not the best description for the business. That is the first thing someone sees when landing on the website.

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 By: computerbeing Member since: Jul 8, 2016
  8. IWW Limited

IWW Limited Full Member

60 8
    Thanks for all the feedback, it's really appreciated.

Just working through them all now, all really valid points.

Thank you for this; there are a lot of providers who take cash and don't supply anything on time, we're trying to showcase the additional steps we take for our customers. Will take a look at this, thank you.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 By: IWW Limited Member since: Oct 16, 2020
  9. The Byre

The Byre Full Member
    Contributor

11,533 5,006
    Unusable on a phone as the live-chatbox blocks the screen and can't be clicked away. That confounded box blocks a large part of the screen on a laptop as well - that's when I killed the tab altogether.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  10. IWW Limited

IWW Limited Full Member

60 8
    Thanks for the feedback - I've flagged this with Zendesk, see what they come back with.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 By: IWW Limited Member since: Oct 16, 2020
  11. SEO Developer

SEO Developer UKBF Regular

266 38
    I think you may have a technical error with the internal search feature

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 By: SEO Developer Member since: Jun 8, 2021
  12. Alan

Alan Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

6,837 1,901
    Typos on the home page like
    "How we delivery industry leading service"
    make you look like a non English / foreign site and possible scammer that will take my money and I'll never see the goods.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  13. Alan

Contributor

6,837 1,901
  14. Alan

Contributor

6,837 1,901
    Work on speed - click on Trousers take 10 seconds - click on other stuff takes 5 seconds plus this will loose customers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Marketing Hub

Marketing Hub Full Member

46 4
    You don't have a Facebook pixel or Google Tag added yet. get them added, even if you don't intend to run ads yet. It will allow Facebook & Google to start collecting data should you wish to run retargeting adverts at a later date.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 By: Marketing Hub Member since: Apr 29, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,813 10,641
    Except many browsers now block third party tracking by default.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  17. Marketing Hub

Marketing Hub Full Member

46 4
    Not at all

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 By: Marketing Hub Member since: Apr 29, 2021
  18. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,813 10,641
    Please Explain. There has been a big push by all browsers to block third party cookies by default.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  19. Ozzy

Ozzy Founder of UKBF UKBF Staff
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

4,130 718
    Frustratingly, because I think it's bad for commerce, I have to agree that Safari at least on Macbook and iPhone does block the Facebook pixel by default now. I've noticed this on here and on my wife's site, which has made targeted advertising a lot more tricky for me on those platforms.

I only discovered this when I tried to configure triggers and actions in Facebook for UKBF and it didn't work, and then eventually I found I had to physically add UKBF as a trusted site to my browser before it would allow the pixel to load.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  20. SEO Developer

SEO Developer UKBF Regular

266 38
    I believe the new Apple tracking restrictions came into play after 14.5 was released and are set as default - however you can remove the tracking restrictions if you so desire

https:// support . apple . com /en-gb/ HT211808

"App Tracking Transparency lets you control which apps are allowed to track your activity across other companies' apps and websites for ads or sharing with data brokers"

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 By: SEO Developer Member since: Jun 8, 2021