New website review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by C.B UK, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.B UK

C.B UK UKBF Contributor Full Member

37 3
    Please provide any feedback regarding the website below. This is usually our job but today we would like some honest feedback.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2019
    Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: C.B UK Member since: Sep 28, 2019
  2. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

3,047 1,096
    I don't think you'd like my honest feedback. :D

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  3. C.B UK

37 3
    I didn't come on here expecting flowers and roses

give me the real

4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,937 9,071
    I’m looking at the site on my phone and have no idea at all what you do. There is a free evaluation but the form is so awful I’ll not bother.

No obvious contact details, no idea who you are, if you are good at what you do or even if you are legit. It could be a phishing site for all we know.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. C.B UK

37 3
    Ok so, make the companies objective clearer and contact details to be placed clearly on home page.

No problem

In regards to the request form for the free evaluation report. It may come across awful, but to be honest, if you understand the concept of the report, I dont actually require a lot of information, hence the reason for the limited amount of fields. In some cases I can complete a report with no information given at all

6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,937 9,071
    Keep it simple. Tell people what do and how to get it. For example:

http://website-assessments.co.uk/

Make the form really simple to get the lead then ask more question in the follow up email.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,879 287
    It doesn't look like 'business evaluation'; it seems a social media evaluation.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  8. C.B UK

37 3
    Noted. Funny, cause these are things I advise but do not do myself. Typically cause when its something you own, you assume people know what service you provide. But in reality it needs to spelt out in the most simple way, however simple you think the concept may be

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: C.B UK Member since: Sep 28, 2019
  9. C.B UK

37 3
    Starting to see the objective is not clear as it should be

10. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

8,978 3,507
    We get many requests for a website evaluation and I can honestly state with hand on heart that yours is over the many years we have had that here - the worst!

About us - nothing there to tell me anything about you. Just vague bla-bla. the very MINIMUM is to tell people what company they are dealing with and who the people are that are involved and what qualifications and experience they bring to the party!

Contact us - blank! WTF?

I'm supposed to get your 30 cents worth about my business when I don't know who you are, where you are, what company or body you are and there isn't even a tel. number!

If you are so knowledgeable about businesses and websites, you should be aware of the basic legal requirements for a business website - but you obviously are not!

You wanted an honest opinion and not flowers and roses - well you got it! Sorry, but reality bites!

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  11. C.B UK

37 3
    Thank you

If I thought it was the best I wouldn't be here

Noted.

In progress. Arranging a phone line etc, still thought I'd post for a review as I'm aware of this issue

As I said arranging a phone line etc, including an address. I expected this to be highlighted, not an issue

Which basic legal requirements am I missing?

l did not come here for positives, I want negatives the harsher the better, but only honesty no bullsh*t.

My judgement on/about others will be way more beneficial and acurate than if I were to critique anything of mine, hence my presence on ukbf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.