Low cost packaging for Ecom

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Reuseabox, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Reuseabox

Reuseabox UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Hello fellow Ecommers

We're looking for Ecom companies to join our reuse initiative - Reuseabox (Reuse-a-box)

We know margins are tight and competition is high out there, which is why we're favoured by Amazon and Ebay sellers, as well as private website sellers.

The way it works is we set up contracts with some of the biggest producers of cardboard boxes in the UK. This cardboard is usually managed by a waste management company and recycled, using up valuable natural resources and producing unnecessary CO2.

What we do, is set up a reuse model at these companies and divert the 'like-new' cardboard away from the recycling process and redistribute it as a low cost, sustainable alternative.

Get in touch with your requirements, we work with small sellers and large sellers alike.
    We can then find the best long-term solution to bring your costs down and help make you a more sustainable entity.

You will know by now that consumer opinion is changing. That means, consumers are more likely to buy from you if you are doing your bit for the environment. Use your new sustainable packaging as marketing material, your customers will love it - ours do!

Get in touch!

All the best,

Andrew Simpson
    Direct Cardboard Boxes (Reuseabox)
    01636 626 476

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 By: Reuseabox Member since: Jan 14, 2020
  2. alan1302

alan1302 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,642 303
    Am a bit confused as to what you do - are you selling boxes that ahve been used once and instead of being recyled selling them so they can be used again?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  3. Reuseabox

6 0
    Hi Alan. Yes, that's exactly what we do.

The boxes have been used once and are in pristine condition, but as the companies we buy them from had no other means of getting rid of them, they recycled them.

We now divert well over 1 million boxes per year AWAY from recycling to be Reused by other companies. You essentially get what looks like a brand new box for up to half the price.

Do you buy boxes Alan?

4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,482 2,976
    So basically recycling boxes by not recycling them?

Not a new concept but hey whatever works.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  5. Reuseabox

6 0
    Hi Alan,

Not quite. Reuse isn't the same as recycling.

Recycling means using up new resources to make a new product, whereas reusing means keeping cardboard in use for longer which in turn allows our natural resources to regenerate.

Not only that, when you buy a 'recycled' box, there's still a manufacturing cost to account for.
    Buying a 'used' box eliminates the manufacturing, thus offering more of a cost saving.

To process of recycling cardboard to create 'new' cardboard uses:

• 17+ trees
    • 30,000+ litres of water
    • 4000+ KWH of electricity
    • Produces 1.8 tonnes of CO2
    The only negative side to reusing cardboard is the production of CO2 when transporting from the producer to our warehouses and then on to our customers.

Still, a much cleaner alternative to buying a recycled box.

Best,
    Andy

6. Mr D

24,482 2,976
    Customers can also be concerned receiving items in a box marked for other items.
    Usually they open the thing and find what they ordered.

A lot of businesses for years now have been reusing packaging as much as they can, keeps costs down.

Your business is competitive with the unit costs of particular size recycled boxes?
    Those figures you give don't mean anything - price and being right size are the ones I'm interested in.

7. Reuseabox

6 0
    I agree, which is why some of our customers will only go for a plain box, whilst others are happy to take a printed box. Each customer has their own requirements.

The environmental figures i gave are important to the large companies that we work with, where the environmental impact has more value than the money they pay for the boxes.

Our boxes can be very competitive compared to a recycled box, but at the same time, by the time we add on the transport and labour costs, they may be just slightly under. It all depends on the volumes being purchased and the logistics of the supply contract.

Feel free to browse our website for an idea of pricing. We don't list all of our stock online, so if you have a particular size you would like a price for, let me know.

Directcardboardboxes {dot} co {dot} uk

8. Mr D

24,482 2,976
    Generally I'm looking at a hundred boxes of some sizes. Most of the boxes we use are ebay branded boxes, cheapest of all.

9. DontAsk

DontAsk UKBF Ace Free Member

1,531 228
    That's completely meaningless without saying how much cardboard.

So can you guarantee next day delivery of 500 of a given size?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 By: DontAsk Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  10. Reuseabox

6 0
    Hi, thanks for responding.

The figures are based on 1 tonne of cardboard - apologies, i thought i mentioned that.

Yes we can deliver next day nationwide if booked before 2pm. Deliveries are made via pallet track or on our own fleet.

Let me know what sizes and board grade you use and i will come back to you with prices. Feel free to give me a call on the landline if you would like to discuss further - 01636 626 476

11. Reuseabox

6 0
    Sure, we can help with that. Although for 100 boxes, you may not get the best price, but i can give you options to consider. Send me a PM with your email address and i will send you some prices over.

Many thanks

12. Mr D

24,482 2,976
    LOL - most places I don't get best prices with order of 100.

Used to order by the thousand to get decent prices - 2 or 3 months supply of a box at a time.
    These days I order 8 months at a time - that's the 100.
    Not cost effective to tie up money on a few years worth of a single box size. :)

13. alan1302

1,642 303
    No, not usually - most of what we sells goes out in normal board back envelopes and anything boxed is sent in boxes we have kept when something has been sent to us.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  14. bumbim

bumbim UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 0
    Ok so I looked up your prices on the boxes, they are exactly the same as I pay for NEW boxes ,and I only buy 200 at a time of each size...
    + These used boxes will SLOW your business/packaging down.

The cardboard box recycling process is fairly efficient , this service is a bit of a joke, it will cost you more to use these not less.. Also It's not that professional to send your stuff in re-used tatty boxes.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 By: bumbim Member since: Jan 18, 2020
  15. alan1302

1,642 303
    Why would they be tatty?

If the boxes are clean and tidy then it's not a problem to reuse them...recycling costs a lot more in costs/environment/resources than resuing the box.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  16. Mr D

24,482 2,976
    Tatty boxes can be reused as packaging within the box, save on paper dunnage.
    Better boxes can be used for sending items to customers.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  17. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,179 1,773
    I will always use tatty boxes here anything to save a few quid and driving into Exeter

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  18. atmosbob

atmosbob UKBF Ace Free Member

4,464 1,053
    I doubt your figures. The 17 trees figure is used for virgin paper but cardboard is almost 100% old newspaper and old boxes with the addition of gum extracted from the trees used for paper.

Having new boxes made to fit the product being shipped saves on packing material used.

Trees grown in managed forests produce a material which "grows on trees".

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 By: atmosbob Member since: Oct 26, 2009
  19. billmccallum1957

billmccallum1957 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,068 447
    I was tempted, we like to recycle, it's mainly what we do as a business.

So I looked at your web site, reuseabox, but there's nothing there except a trawler for contact details, nothing about boxes, there sizes or prices. Then there's no information about the company/business, no contact details, no address, none of the information required by law.

Then you give a link to Direct Cardboard Boxes Limited. Are you a part of that company, are you marketing on their behalf, are you selling them contact details?

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 By: billmccallum1957 Member since: Feb 11, 2016