Layout opinions requested

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by fisicx, Apr 8, 2021.

1. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    I build wordpress plugins. I've got one that is popular but isn't particularly efficient.

So I'm working on an update. It scores well on Google and is much better for SEO.

But not sure about the layout.

https://demo.bankcomparisonplugin.com/

There are two rows of data and a third row with links. I can make the bit in the middle at the top show whatever you want (eg repayment info). And you can have up to 6 data sets in row 2.

But does it work? Would it be better to move the button to row 2? Or put everything in one row? How would this work on a phone?

Looking at the many comparison sites, they do it any which way so I can't take inspiration from them.

Ignore fonts and colours and whatever, these can all be changed. It's the layout to think about.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  2. intheTRADE

intheTRADE Contributor

502 183
    Could you show the repayment as the monthly repayment over the loan term as I think thats what most people look at first when apply for a loan

Looks great on a phone with the repayment above the Apply Now button but on desktop the button is above the repayment. Could you have the button below on desktop?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. WaveJumper

WaveJumper Contributor

2,044 517
    Looks ok on desktop I can see why the repayment button is below the Apply Now button as you have it balanced out with the logo. Monthly repayment figure would be nice as was commented on above, I know i always would look for a monthly figure. is there any reason to hide the filters section I think its fine if shown as part of the overall page a long side your sliders. Are those interest rates for real?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 By: WaveJumper Member since: Aug 26, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    The layout is an adaption of this version I built for a Finnish energy comparison site:

https://electro.bankcomparisonplugin.com/

Moving the button down increases the height of each listing. I trying to find way to reduce scrolling (a better UX).

The filters are hidden because they can get unwieldy (see the electro example).

Also worth noting some comparisons don't have a 'monthly' payment:

https://kredittkortinfo.bankcomparisonplugin.com/
    https://paloo.bankcomparisonplugin.com/

I'll have a play tomorrow showing the monthly cost in the top row

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy Founder of UKBF UKBF Staff
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

4,119 709
    We need to talk at some point in the future, as BDG has a bank engine that could use something like that and we work with almost every bank in the UK....so I find this interesting, but anyway....

I agree with the comments above, the call to action need to be bottom right below the key final metric (if the target audience in anglo, eastern culture it would probably be left). if it was me I would merge the row 1 and row 2 far left cells and make the logo larger and then move the data right even if that mean't losing one of the metrics. Perhaps making the CTA a box so covers row 2 and row 3, if that helps weight and balance the aesthetics.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    Mobile! Mobile! Mobile!

One of my clients (in Sweden) is getting over 90% mobile visitors. Others around the world also report high levels of mobile usage. It follows therefore that the mobile layout is more important than desktop.

I've moved things around so the big money number is top right and the button bottom right.

https://demo.bankcomparisonplugin.com/

And if you look at the demo on your phone you will see why the filters are hidden - to show them all the time would push the results below the fold.

And a few other tweaks return a WCV score over 90 on all parameters.

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

10,919 2,230
    I would want to see a sort by option.
    Either sort by interest rate, sort by monthly payments, sort by APR or sort by overall payment

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  8. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    That's one of the options you can add

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor