J.Adams Network

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by menetworkjadaltd, Mar 2, 2019.

1. menetworkjadaltd

menetworkjadaltd UKBF Regular Full Member

468 68
    http://jadamsnetwork.com/

Basically the idea is to start up a network of startups.

Periodically I will link to and release/publish free eBooks, which will hopefully add more content to the site, especially with member contributions.

The site I have designed is very basic, and doesn't scream "WELCOME PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS"

What should I add, what design no nos do you see?!

Thanks in advance

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 By: menetworkjadaltd Member since: Dec 14, 2011
  2. MatMan

MatMan UKBF Newcomer Full Member

15 5
    The site looks very basic, I'm not sure what it's about and it looks like a landing page that someone put together very quickly. What exactly is it you will be offering in return for my email address?

With a bit of time, this could look a lot more professional. Keep going!

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: MatMan Member since: Feb 5, 2018
  3. menetworkjadaltd

468 68
    The idea I have is that in return of your email address, I will (monthly) send you a link to a free eBook based on an aspect of the business industry.

On this page, I want to get people in the mindset of perhaps thinking about their jobs/careers in a different way.

I want it to look professional, but not corporate

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: menetworkjadaltd Member since: Dec 14, 2011
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,357 8,923
    I looked at the site on my phone over the weekend and couldn't see anything about the 'network of startups'.

Even now after reading you last post I'm still not sure what is on offer.

Who is J Adams? Where is the evidence that his articles are going to be any good? Why would I want to sign up when there are already zillions of self-help and business advice websites and blogs?

If you really want to help others why not just publish the guides for everyone. At the moment you want me to sign up to an anonymous website with no details as to why you need my email address or what you plan to do with it.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,429 7,048
    I went to the site, hard to be objective as traffic can land on a website with so many different levels of search intent. The copy repeats 'J Adams' so like any sensible person, I googled you and there is nothing about you anywhere, at which point I leave!

why 'J' using an initial is an odd thing to do unless you are well known e.g JK Rowling.

The very first thing you should do is tell people what they get and who you are. If you are nobody of note, then you don't lead with you!

Personally I wouldn't subscribe, if you want my email in return for some cheat sheets and help docs, then give me a free sample to view,

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  6. menetworkjadaltd

468 68
    I am a total nobody, so I do like the idea of giving away some content for "free" to act as part of the overall branding on the site.

7. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,357 8,923
    Why 'some content'? Give it all away for free.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. menetworkjadaltd

468 68
    That's true

9. menetworkjadaltd

468 68
    I have added a bit more content to the sidebar. Including a link to one of the ebooks, and some question and answers

Improvement?

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 By: menetworkjadaltd Member since: Dec 14, 2011
  10. Cheap Host

Cheap Host UKBF Contributor Full Member

48 7
    I personally think it may look better as one long flowing page without the sidebar?! Also maybe a proper logo....just some ideas!

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 By: Cheap Host Member since: Oct 20, 2018