Importing Printed Cotton Tape from China Via Alibaba

Discussion in 'International Business' started by tyro1979, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyro1979

tyro1979 UKBF Contributor Free Member

74 32
    I am looking for a supplier of printed cotton tape. It would appear China is the cheapest by far. I sourced the following supplier through Alibaba:

Products website: chinaweddingfavors (not made enough posts, place 3 w's to front and dot com to rear)
    Company website: ribbonspack (not made enough posts, place 3 w's to front and dot com to rear)

UK Business Forums put me to the wise about the dangers of importing through Alibaba. I'm a complete novice so am considering sourcing a reputable middle-man. I fear the cost of this will render me back to square one - unable to source a cheap enough supplier to be viable. Feedback relating to the supplier and there website would be greatly appreciated. I'm reading up on costs associated with importing cotton tape from China though any comments would be greatfully received.

Many thanks in advance,

Stacey :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    Posted: Jul 5, 2010 By: tyro1979 Member since: Jun 23, 2010
  2. jdpackaging

jdpackaging UKBF Newcomer Free Member

33 2
    Hi I don't know what kind of cotton tape you need. As a paper bags supplier, we also manufacture different rope and tape, you can visit our site listed in my signature where you can find cotton tape.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 By: jdpackaging Member since: Jul 26, 2010
  3. Paul Kelly ICHYB

Paul Kelly ICHYB UKBF Legend { Moderator }

5,946 858
    Stacey,

the bad stories you hear about Alibaba tend to relate to kids trying to import branded items (such as iPhones) at 'too good to be true' pricing and they get burnt due to naivity and greed!

Whilst it is not impossible, you are less likely to be scammed on unbranded, peripheral items, but you should still be as dilligent as possible.

Using a third party agent can be a great idea and save you money in the long term, however, if you are only ordering a small quantity of items, not only might it not be worth using them, but, when you consider all other costs, it may cost you more to order from source.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 By: Paul Kelly ICHYB Member since: Jan 21, 2008
  4. JoeHe

JoeHe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

33 1
    I'm in Ningbo city and have over two years experience in international trade, now be a sourcing clerk in one bag factory, know some information about cotton tape, may can help you here.

Which city this company located ? you can also send company link to me, I can check for you. And also if you need, you can let me know the quantity,request,standards,target price,target market etc about the items you want, I know China very much, can help you sourcing here.

you can contact me: sarineyin at hotmail.com, sourcing at bagcn.info

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 By: JoeHe Member since: Jul 24, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.