Home page layout advice please.

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Its4john, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Its4john

Its4john UKBF Regular Free Member

143 11
    On our home page we have some "About Us" text which I understand should have all of our most common search words in there.

Is it advisable to put that text closer to the top of the page (where the red "sale on" text currently is) ?

www.gardenlife.biz

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 By: Its4john Member since: Nov 10, 2017
  2. Its4john

143 11
    And while I'm on, could anyone suggest a better meta title ?

3. Dutch Digital

Dutch Digital UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 1
    Hi John,

You need to have a headline (h1) with the most important keyword. I think that is Walk in Chicken Runs. You need to have some content below what you are doing, but don't spam with repeating keywords. Write it for people to read and not for Google. Google just want know what your website is doing and they will pick it up very quickly if you have the main keyword in the Title, meta description and (H1).

Use something like this for your homepage title: Walk in Chicken Runs for Sale | Large Metal Chicken Runs

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 By: Dutch Digital Member since: Jun 5, 2018
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,229 10,156
    An 'about us' section doesn't need to be on the homepage. What you have is an 'About our chicken runs' section and it's fine the way it is. Except the font need to be bigger. Google likes bigger font sizes.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. Its4john

143 11
    Thanks for the replies

It’s just hit me how many of the knowledgable SEO members are not actually paid up members. I’m going to try this post on the open SEO section to see what comes back.