Holiday Planner

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by Bushman, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Bushman

Bushman UKBF Regular

190 33
    Just a quick question.

Is it breaking any privacy/data protection laws to have a holiday planner on the workroom wall showing the name and dates that an employee is on holiday?

TIA

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 By: Bushman Member since: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Legend

16,065 4,535
    Potentially. Can you do it without the identity of the individuals being obvious to everyone? One reason to worry is that the entire workforce will know the dates an individual may be away from home. Not everyone is honest, and that information may be used to commit a burglary.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Trevor Andrews

Trevor Andrews UKBF Ace

363 110
    What a sad world we live in that you cannot do this.

My step daughter has just told us that according to her holiday planner certain dates she wanted are free. I am not sure if this is a wall planner or electronic version.

How about the controller merely putting red in days that are taken without indicating who has taken it.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 By: Trevor Andrews Member since: Feb 9, 2021
  4. BustersDogs

BustersDogs UKBF Legend

1,439 284
    Do the other employees have access to their home addresses? I used to do this for my staff, but they didn't know where each other lived to go and rob them.

Crime stats (for my area at least) show most people are at home when they are burgled anyway....

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 By: BustersDogs Member since: Jun 7, 2011
  5. ctrlbrk

ctrlbrk UKBF Enthusiast

245 60
    @Bushman as long as the employees have all comparable skills, would having a calendar that only lists the amount of people off on a given day work?

If they don't have all comparable skills (i.e. they do different jobs) could you have something like Monday: 2 job A, 1 job B, Tuesday 2 job A, 2 job B and so on.

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 By: ctrlbrk Member since: May 13, 2021