Energy Information Portal

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by NickGrogan, Aug 7, 2018.

1. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Full Member

2,730 652
    A big update on the information portal part of our website.

http://intelligence.energybrokers.co.uk/

The site gives a live overview of the UK power network, how much power is being generated, where it is coming from, price, and so on.

Also includes historical data.

Thoughts, comments and questions welcome.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,756 1,865
    Who is the target audience for that page and what is the page's objective? It passed me by really, but I assume that the page isn't for Joe Public.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  3. NickGrogan

2,730 652
    Primarily energy managers who want to understand energy pricing, what is happening in the wholesale/generation market.

Also people who interested in sustainability, being green, etc - to allow them to see when coal and other "bad" energy sources are being used or when wind / solar are high for example. It also shows how important they are compared to other sources, over time.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,229 10,156
    Looks very nice but not at all sure what I'm looking at.

I clicked the download button but nothing seemed the happen.

You have a panel on the left that looks like it should be links ("How much power is being generated in the UK right now?") but isn't.

The prices have spikes and gradients but nothing to tell me what they mean. What heppened in Mark for gas prices to suddenly spike? Why has the cost of carbon suddenly fallen?

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. NickGrogan

2,730 652
    Download should give you an image like this

[​IMG]

What browser are you using?

The answers to the questions are in the graphs, but perhaps I can link to them, I guess you can bookmark a graph, never tried.

What happened in March? It was really cold and snowed a lot and the UK nearly ran out of gas and had limited coal to replace it.

Carbon prices - speculators taking a profits are prices hit record highs and demand reduces.

I could create a blog to link to each page as things happen - it has historical data too, but I can see updating becoming almost a full time job by itself.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012