Elementor Google Maps Plugin stopped working

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Why is anyone with half a brain still using Elementor? It’s a dreadful plugin.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
You don’t need anything. Just use Wordpress blocks.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Hi everyone, just to add to this thread the problem with maps and Elementor was fixed almost straight away.
How are you managing Elementor performance? I've not yet found a site using elementor that scores well on CWV performance. If fact no page builder does very well.

Upvote 0
@fisicx "Toolkit for Elementor" is a great plugin for this and Elementor are releasing new features this year to help with speed. Apart from that, good content and UX should also be in the mix. Sorry not a huge speed expert so can't enter into a big discussion.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
No worries. It's just that performance is becoming more and more important (to Google) and even using the toolkit for elementor it's still pretty poor.

Have you had a play with wordpress blocks? The UX on mobile can be better than with Elementor.

Upvote 0
How are you managing Elementor performance? I've not yet found a site using elementor that scores well on CWV performance. If fact no page builder does very well.
it can be done, I've done it on loads of sites, but it isn't easy

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
it can be done, I've done it on loads of sites, but it isn't easy
I know. Which is why I asked. Too many people plugin it in throw up all the animations and bling they can find along with a load of supporting plugins and then wonder why it’s slow.

And it’s not even a very good plugin. The UX on a phone is usually dreadful. Once you get the hang of blocks you will soon discover you don’t need a page builder.

Upvote 0
I know. Which is why I asked. Too many people plugin it in throw up all the animations and bling they can find along with a load of supporting plugins and then wonder why it’s slow.

And it’s not even a very good plugin. The UX on a phone is usually dreadful. Once you get the hang of blocks you will soon discover you don’t need a page builder.
I despise the Guttenberg block system and the block system in general.

Eventually given time I might change, but elementor is getting better now, they are listening to those in the know :)

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
So did I to begin with. But like all things, it has improved a lot.

Apart from horrible mark up, the ux on a phone is still pretty awful with elementor. It as if they have never heard of columns and grids.

Upvote 0
So did I to begin with. But like all things, it has improved a lot.

Apart from horrible mark up, the ux on a phone is still pretty awful with elementor. It as if they have never heard of columns and grids.
it's possible to show different elements on mobile than desktop and we do this a lot, it also helps with core vitals

Reactions: fisicx
Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
It just seems like a lot of work when simpler layouts are just as effective.

I suppose I just got used to creating custom styles to change the look of things as I find this far easier to do than use a page builder.

can you send me a pm with one of your optimised sites as I’m interested to see how you do what you do.

Upvote 0

HostXNow

Legacy Full Member
Mar 7, 2011
United Kingdom
www.hostxnow.com
I use Astra theme + Elementor and got a great score

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.hostxnow.com/zhOmVU8S/

Would it load better/faster without using page builder, sure, but so used to Elementor and with current speed, changing to using WordPress blocks wouldn't give enough speed increase to make a difference.

That said, things have changed with WordPress past year, and I'll test it all again to be sure when I have some free time.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Upvote 0

HostXNow

Legacy Full Member
Mar 7, 2011
United Kingdom
www.hostxnow.com
Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu