Community Introductions & Networking [no links please]

Discussion in 'North East' started by Henry Osadzinski, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Henry Osadzinski

Henry Osadzinski UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Welcome to the North East community introductions thread. This is a new space for people in the local area to come in, say hello and let everyone know what their hopes and goals are from their time on UK Business Forums.

Feel free to introduce yourself here and make others feel welcome :) If you know someone in your area who may benefit from joining in, be sure to let them know about us as well.

While you're welcome to let people know what you're working on and a bit of background, please avoid anything that could come across as a sales pitch and, even if you're an established member, please don't link to your business here. The idea is to give people a chance to get to know each other and what's going on in their region.

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 By: Henry Osadzinski Member since: Aug 30, 2011
  2. Magsite

Magsite UKBF Ace Free Member

Hi all,

I'm Mally, from Durham and keen to hear about any meetups in the local area.

My main business is an affiliate marketer, and I'm always looking for some new advice from other people on the forum.

Cheers.

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 By: Magsite Member since: Oct 1, 2005
  3. katherinesdsgns

katherinesdsgns UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Everyone

New here, I'm Katherine from KatherinesDesigns, Durham making handmade eco-friendly wedding stationery and would love to speak with business owners who can offer some simple tips and advice to help me promote myself without too many overheads.

Thanks

Katherine

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 By: katherinesdsgns Member since: Aug 30, 2012
  4. wasmithinsurance

wasmithinsurance UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Martin Smith, the 4th generation in the family business, W A Smith Insurance Brokers Ltd in Hartlepool.

As a BNI member I value networking and extending my scope of contacts and look forward to interacting on the forum in the future.

Posted: Sep 11, 2012 By: wasmithinsurance Member since: Sep 11, 2012
  5. wasmithinsurance

wasmithinsurance UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Katherine, a great way to promote your business would be on notjustanywedding.co.uk - a wedding directory exclusive to the 5 postcodes of the north east. I think the first three months listings are free and prices after that are very reasonable. Have a look at the website - I can put you in direct contact with the website owner if you have any questions.

Regards,

Martin

Posted: Sep 11, 2012 By: wasmithinsurance Member since: Sep 11, 2012
  6. Remote Resources

Remote Resources UKBF Regular Full Member

Hi Fellow NE'ers! This is a good idea for a thread.
    I'm Kaye from Remote Resources - a Sunderland based web content and copywriting outfit. Nice to 'meet' everyone who has posted so far.

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 By: Remote Resources Member since: Oct 5, 2010
  7. PurplePearCreations

PurplePearCreations UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi everyone,

I am David, one of the owners of Purple Pear Creations Web Design & Services Ltd based in Middlesbrough and Sheffield.

After having a good nosy around and reading plenty of posts I think that not only can we gain some good ideas etc but hopefully we will be able to help others as well.

Looking forward to interacting with you all.
    Thanks
    David.

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 By: PurplePearCreations Member since: Oct 11, 2012
  8. Cristal

Cristal UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi everyone,

I am Cristal, manager of China Connect in The Professionals Partnership. I work as a link between China and the UK. If you are looking for sourcing manufacurers or factories of business partners in China, I will be happy to help.

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 By: Cristal Member since: Oct 12, 2012
  9. mobious

mobious Banned

Well Hello neighbor businesses! It's nice to see people from the local area on the forum!

Mobious is a creative marketing agency in Newcastle upon Tyne with offices in Cheshire, we offer website design, development and marketing services to a wide range of clients such as Ladbrokes, Grolsch, Carlington, NUFC and many, many more!

If you need any of our services in the future feel free to drop me a PM, if not, I look forward to catching up with you in and around the forum!

Mobious :)

Posted: Nov 30, 2012 By: mobious Member since: Nov 26, 2012
  10. Innovation

Innovation UKBF Contributor Free Member

Hi everyone,

I am Stephen Founder & Director of RipRak Limited - Designer of the World's 1st Mobile panel saw, The company was incorporated to help fellow tradesmen in the construction industry reduce the economic impact on they income - improving health and safety whilst reducing construction waste - we are based in Middlesbrough.

Looking forward to been part the forum and sharing start up experiences with other members!

Best wishes

Stephen

Posted: Dec 3, 2012 By: Innovation Member since: Dec 3, 2012
  11. Yorkshire&Online

Yorkshire&Online UKBF Regular Free Member

My name is Andrew from Brown Royd Accountants & Tax Advisers based in Huddersfield.

My firm is a small independent accountancy firm that offers a more personal and cost effective approach to accounts, tax and bookkeeping for small businesses and private individuals to ensure tax payers receive ongoing advice throughout the year (not just at the year end) to help minimise their tax and costs without paying high accountancy fees.

I hope to offer suitable help and assistance on the forum wherever possible and as time allows!

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 By: Yorkshire&Online Member since: Nov 27, 2012
  12. Innovation

Innovation UKBF Contributor Free Member

Hi and welcome to the forum , sure your posts will be interesting.

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 By: Innovation Member since: Dec 3, 2012
  13. Capital4Media

Capital4Media UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Guys,

my name is Ben and I am the Programme Organiser for Capital4Media.

We offer fully funded creative media training to SMEs and free-lance professionals.

Take a look at my last thread for further info. Look forward to hearing from you guys with any questions.

Best wishes,

Ben.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 By: Capital4Media Member since: Jan 22, 2013
  14. 10Carlton

10Carlton UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi there!

I'm Katherine, and I'm a brand new start-up business 10 Carlton. I've posted in the main "Introductions" forum, but I'm slowing working my way around the website and I've found the North East section!

10 Carlton is a freelance/virtual PA/event organising company based in the North East, offering a first class bespoke service to companies/individuals looking for administration assistance, whose needs are possibly not large enough to warrant a full time employee. (Website coming very soon!).

I'm wanting to join a good UK business forum to hopefully learn as I go along about developing your own business and also to hopefully make and maintain some good contacts over the coming months through some of the forums on offer.

Any marketing tips on new business start-ups would be great, and it would be useful to hear of any local networking events too - so any information anyone can offer, would be really appreciated.

Posted: Mar 19, 2013 By: 10Carlton Member since: Mar 14, 2013
  15. richotelrecruiter

richotelrecruiter UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi everyone,
    I have just started a e-recruitment business called 'hotelrecruiter' and we are based in County Durham. We offer jobs on all levels in hotels from hotel manager to front of house staff.
    I have joined this forum to raise the awarness of my business (as i have just started out) and build a good rapport in with fellow businesses in the north east also building anetwork of clients also. As I am starting out I feel by joining this forum it will give me the chance to get advice and tips from fellow businesses.

Regards
    Ric

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 By: richotelrecruiter Member since: Apr 6, 2013
  16. davidjwest

davidjwest UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi, I'm David from Darlington.

I recently set up as a web designer/developer and have struggled to get enough clients, came on here to try to find a few tips about how to get more custom.

Happy to offer free advice regards websites/SEO etc if anyone needs it, just ask.

Thanks

David

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 By: davidjwest Member since: Apr 9, 2013
  17. draelectricals

draelectricals UKBF Regular Free Member

Hello people from the North East - I used to use this forum a lot but haven't been on for well over a year, but now I am back! If I can take a moment of your time to introduce myself; my name is Richard Ayre; I'm Director for my own company DRA Solutions Limited although there is more chance you have heard of DRA Electricals. I began the business in 2009 and registered in 2012; we're limited and VAT registered. I provide a PAT Testing service throughout the UK but mainly in the North East with over 500 clients. I'm not going to preach about PAT Testing - I've done enough networking to know how much people don't want to hear about it but I am here if there are any questions to be asked. I'm also one of 4 directors of the national organisation, the PAT Testing Network. In my spare time (which there isn't much of) I enjoy supporting the Toon, going to the Theatre and sitting in a quiet room, in the dark doing nothing!

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 By: draelectricals Member since: Mar 10, 2010
  18. AJCuthbertson

AJCuthbertson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi I'm Andrew, I Manage a Garden Centre based in Easington, County Durham. We are in the process of setting up a business hub designed to help people start up in business, through the forum I hope to meet said people and hopefully be able to help them get set up.

Please feel free to PM me if you are in this situation.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 By: AJCuthbertson Member since: Sep 2, 2014
  19. Merley

Merley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hello I'm Merley and I work for Granite Worktop Company which is located in Cheshire, North West England. We started off with our company from 2008.
    I'm new to this forum and looking forward to meeting more people here.
    Cheers everyone!

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 By: Merley Member since: Oct 4, 2014
  20. Micawber

Micawber UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hello I'm Sara, I've just started a new bookkeeping business in Morpeth, Northumberland. Apart from having clients I already know, I'm struggling with finding new clients, any marketing advice would be welcome!

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 By: Micawber Member since: Oct 15, 2014