General Business Forum Brought to you by Total Gas & Power

Clever Promotional Items?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Mail Workshop, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mail Workshop

Mail Workshop UKBF Regular Full Member

131 8
    Can anyone recommend any clever or innovative promotional items for use at exhibitions?

We currently have the following promotional items, and are looking for something to add to these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 By: Mail Workshop Member since: Nov 25, 2014
  2. Christine Hough

Christine Hough UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,117 602
    Things that hang around are best
    I have used paperclips

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 By: Christine Hough Member since: Mar 31, 2006
  3. HazelC

HazelC UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

973 227
    I know the 'quirky is cool' but actually pens are amazing. I use orange pens (the main colour of my logo) and often clients are using that pen. There are loads of white and 'any colour' but not many all one colour.

Things that people use are the things that people keep.

I went to Cambridge Business Fair and Peterborough Business Fair and got bag loads of 'stuff' - the only things I remember are a £ sign stress ball thing (that the branding has rubbed off of) and lots of pens. The pen I find easily in my handbag is my bright orange one!

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 By: HazelC Member since: Sep 7, 2013
  4. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,358 883
    USB Stick with your logo on as well as your company information inside which has enough memory for them to add their own stuff.

Practical and cost effective.

Pens with a roll out banner within its case allowing you to print your company main products, contacts etc etc.

Practical and cheap.

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  5. Paul_Rosser

Paul_Rosser UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,540 1,107
    Have to agree with USB sticks, we use the credit card shaped ones as people can keep these on them and every time they use they remember our company details.

Pens can be good but as they tend to be used and then thrown away are only effective in the short term.

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 By: Paul_Rosser Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  6. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

4,358 883
    Post It note blocks with your logo.

Will keep being used, at least 100 times and your logo on avery note.

7. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

4,358 883
    Self adhesive address stickers to go onto parcels with your logo.

Tape to seal boxes with your logo, can also act as security tape.

8. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

4,358 883
    Zipper bag to keep all delivery receipts etc

9. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

4,358 883
    BTW if you need any quotes feel free to send me a PM or email me directly.

[email protected]

10. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,718 174
    Usb aren't great imo. The personalised stationary companies generally use cheap generic memory stick to put branding on.

I have a draw full of promotional usb sticks that are dead/have reliability issues. But the branded usb stick I have bought myself are still live and we'll years on.

The USB is a nice giveaway on the day and it will draw crowds to your stand but 1 year down the line it will fail and it will have your brand on it. Do you want your clients to associate your brand with cheap and unreliable usb?

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  11. Matthew1983

Matthew1983 UKBF Contributor Free Member

37 0
    The things that we use in our traffic office are calendars, pads, pens and posit notes. If you are a delivery company chances are your customer has an online business so a mouse matt could also work well.

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 By: Matthew1983 Member since: Feb 24, 2015
  12. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

4,358 883
    It depends on who you use to supply the USB stick. There are literally thousands of factories to choose from, so if you want cheap and cheerful, that's what you will get. If on the other hand you want a quality product, then that costs a bit more and you will have a quality product. It all comes down to the price you want to pay. Its probably best not to use a personalised stationary company to supply these products.

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  13. kingblinguk

kingblinguk UKBF Contributor Free Member

28 1
    USB sticks having logo printed on them, diary, calender or paper weights are also common ideas.

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 By: kingblinguk Member since: Nov 6, 2014
  14. Martina Wade

Martina Wade UKBF Contributor Free Member

33 8
    Have to agree with the pen suggestion over here - things that are useful will be kept in use and your brand therefore noticed.

Another thing I like receiving is a canvas bag, great as a reusable shopping bag. Not sure how costly they are to produce though! But they are up there with pens in terms of usefulness.

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 By: Martina Wade Member since: Jan 16, 2015
  15. RogerBa

RogerBa UKBF Regular Free Member

129 35
    I guess the simple answer is to look at a few of your customers desks, see what there is that stays there, I looked at mine and besides the computer/keyboard/mouse there is always a mouse mat, coaster, notebook, paperclips, rubber bands, stapler, all the obvious things really but I have to say if the item is poor quality it wont get a place.
    I have a large mug full of pens that never get used because I like to write with a rollerball, I write notes in my notebook through the day.

My stapler is a freebie, but it is also a quality built item and has lasted years.
    The coaster for my coffee is a freebie and has spent 18 months on my desk.

Wall clocks might be a good one, your brand in the middle and people look at it several times a day

Really I think quality is important, cheap items look cheap, feel cheap and don't last.

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 By: RogerBa Member since: Sep 17, 2012
  16. Scott_Cruz

Scott_Cruz UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 1
    Diary , Pens , Notepads All really depends on budget

Fleece Jackets , T Shirts , Mugs , Lighters , Chocolate Bars

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 By: Scott_Cruz Member since: Jul 21, 2013
  17. Import Expert

Import Expert UKBF Regular Free Member

303 130
    I order a fair bit of promotional merchandise but to be honest I get bored myself looking through catalogues of our various suppliers as the same stuff is regurgitated over and over again.

One thing I have found to be successful is to theme giveaways depending on things happening throughout the year.

For instance, with Easter coming up we have ordered a load of 'Flat Pack Easter Eggs'. (Picture below is one we used a few years back).

[​IMG]

There is also the Rugby World Cup coming up later this year which we have some plans for.

Sure, the old classics will work, but they won't really be 'noticed' as such.

For exhibitions you will be surprised how well sweets go down. Other more expensive freebies tend to get grabbed without anyone having any interested in your stand or what you are offering.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 By: Import Expert Member since: Feb 1, 2012
  18. gobi

gobi UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    USB's
    Cotton Bags
    Mint Tins
    Mugs
    Notepads

usually work best

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 By: gobi Member since: Mar 3, 2015
  19. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

12,801 2,373
    Quirky can be memorable too.

I distinctly remember a while ago a company sending me a package containing a tea bag suggesting I have a cup of tea on them whilst reading some info they'd sent - I remembered it because the darn thing had split in the post and the contents of the tea bag went all over my desk and floor! Needless to say the leaflet went straight in the bin.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008
  20. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,068 9,129
    Calendars. People hang them on the wall and see your logo and phone number every day.

None of the three things in you post would be of any use as there is no way to use them to contact you. Ergo: instantly forgettable.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.