Choosing an Online Payment Processor

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Ozzy, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopassmore

jopassmore UKBF Newcomer Free Member

230 1
    Hi

Can anyone tell me roughly how much the worldpay costs are for a small company. I am designing a site for a small business and they have suggested worldpay but without asking for a quote, they don't give any idea of cost.

As a comparison, I have used securehosting.com for one of my sites and that seems to work very well. They have an annual charge of £85, a setup charge of £25 and cost per credit card transaction is between 8 and 25p depending on how many 'credits' you purchase in one go. How does worldpay compare?

Thanks

Jo

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 By: jopassmore Member since: Jan 20, 2007
  2. mickyluv

mickyluv UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    STAY AWAY FROM SCAM SITE JENSLEYPAY.COM !!!

This is a fair warning to all merchants that are wondering about signing up with jensleypay.com ( alias) jensleypay limited, jensleypay.net... If you ever want to see a dime of your money then DON'T DO IT!!!

their verification process literally TAKES WEEKS... I signed up in November, added their button to my page in december, it is now March 3rd and I haven't received A DIME.

I placed my first withdrawl request on January 3rd (this is how long it took just to be allowed to place a request for withdrawl).

. I emailed them repeatedly asking them "where is my money", only to find out after the withdrawl request it takes an additional 21 days to be processed (which they won't tell you unless asked).

So 21 days pass, 30 days, 50, now 60 and STILL NO MONEY!

Mind you this is only THE FIRST WITHDRAWL REQUEST! I still have about 4-5 separate withdrawls total in the amount of $1000 which I haven't received one penny of.
    I have emailed them repeatedly and have gotten one excuse after the other of why I haven't received my money. My company has ZERO complaints by the way! I was forced to take their button off my page because I was financially drowning, so I signed up with another payment processor.

This lead to them emailing me stating that if I stop basically letting them steal more of my money, then my earnings will be held for an additional 180 days. I was forced to open up a secondary webpage and added their button on it just so they couldn't put a hold on my funds (still hoping to get them).

Well they have now said because of my forums posts about their company they have stopped payment proceedings all together. The bottom line is, they never intented to pay me in the first place and have reportedly done this to several other merchants.

I'm just glad I took their button off my webpage before they could steal more of my money! I now have a legitimate payment processor that directly deposits my money every few days to my bank account.

I have reported jensleypay to the FTC, consumer affairs, rippoff report and several other offices.

Posted: Mar 4, 2007 By: mickyluv Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  3. CottageCooks

CottageCooks UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 0
    I've used paypal since I started my website 3 years ago and have been very happy with them. I was in the same boat as you with being a small business start up and my web man suggested paypal as the easiest option as I already had an account with them. The verification process is quick and it's free to withdraw funds over £50. The money takes about 5 working days to move into my business account. I find this good because depending on cash flow, I can let funds build up in my paypal account then transfer, say, several £100s into the business account, saving myself business banking fees!!
    I'm not sure how long it is until you can apply for paypal payments pro which is an upgrade that gives lots of additional features and is what I use now.
    I looked into Worldpay but the fees and set up were too high for me and their customer services didn't respond to any of my e mails asking for further information.
    Any probs I've had with paypal have been dealt with swiftly - I'm really v happy with them.
    Dani

Posted: Mar 4, 2007 By: CottageCooks Member since: Feb 22, 2007
  4. office man

office man UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

890 84
    Oh dear!

If i were you i would post your experience of JENSLEYPAY on as many business forums that you can find, stick to the plain facts, and let other business people know what kind of company they are. If they have any sense at all they will change the way they have dealt with their customers or loose a ton of future business - let their PR manager know what you have experienced too!

Good luck

www.officeprofiles.co.uk

Posted: Mar 5, 2007 By: office man Member since: Nov 27, 2006
  5. gilesmay

gilesmay UKBF Newcomer Free Member

61 0
    Interesting reading. We look at the market and provide advice so great to know there are problems with this particular company. If any one else experiences similar problems with other providers please let us know,

thanks

Posted: Mar 5, 2007 By: gilesmay Member since: Jun 23, 2006
  6. mickyluv

mickyluv UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 By: mickyluv Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  7. office man

office man UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

890 84
    Just had anpther idea for you, in lighht of another post i have read this morning on the forum where a member had a competitor using dirty tricks, why don't you report them to google.

If you do a google search on them they come up number 1 but not far behind is a string a bad reports and bad feedback (they say if you do a good job for someone they tell 2 people but do a bad job and they will tell 10 !!!). you are clearly not the only person they have stiffed - keep posting as all your posts will get ranked - remember to keep mentioning their name. Also why not contact some of their other disgruntled customers - you never know.

Good luck

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 By: office man Member since: Nov 27, 2006
  8. markpadam

markpadam UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 1
    A little note about Nochex Merchant account

I've just closed by merchant account and been told by nochex that they will now hold on to the accounts balance for 6 months before its released!

Be warned if you plan to use them

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 By: markpadam Member since: Feb 22, 2007
  9. loulou

loulou UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi

I'm trying to find an online payment processor and merchant account that will except payments for adult video on demand downloads and having a bit of trouble!

Does anyone know of any that will do it?

Thanks

Posted: Mar 8, 2007 By: loulou Member since: Mar 6, 2007
  10. Taabish

Taabish UKBF Newcomer Free Member

70 3
    Hi,

Although thats pretty annoying im fairly sure they tell you that when you sign up, at least they made it pretty clear to me when i signed up for a merchant account.

Posted: Mar 8, 2007 By: Taabish Member since: Apr 21, 2006
  11. markpadam

markpadam UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 1
    Yes it was in the terms and conditions but them never mentioned it to us.

The reason its annoying is because during the year that we used Nochex we never had any chargebacks, yet the reason nochex say they are holding on to the funds its so that cover any chargebacks which might ocour now the accounts closed.

We try to provide the best customer service we can and so our customers would never need to claim via nochex.

Posted: Mar 8, 2007 By: markpadam Member since: Feb 22, 2007
  12. owen@westwindmoves

[email protected] UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 1
    Just returned to this thread after 3 years!

We have implemented a lot of checkout systems for our web clients and I can honestly say that Nochex would be our recommended #1 option with a Paypal offered as an alternative to the user at checkout.

Worldpay... The systems fine. But I seriously can't see how they can justify the high setup costs, monthly fees, 4 week wait for the release of funds and additional transaction charges. So despite the fact we offer a Worldpay integration service I would never recommend these to a client.
    Nochex are very good and I think Paypal have gained the confidence of the web community over the last 3 years.

Posted: May 28, 2007 By: [email protected] Member since: Oct 17, 2004
  13. brandyace

brandyace UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    any merchant processing over 50K/mth, direct account is the way to go. Better rates. More control. Shorter settlement times.

Posted: Jun 5, 2007 By: brandyace Member since: Apr 4, 2007
  14. GAMESMASTER87

GAMESMASTER87 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    We use protx.
    The original plan was to use nochex but we heard that they use another provider themselves so thought might as well go straight to where we needed to go.
    Protx are cheap but youll need some programming knowledge to integrate it.
    anyone started using Google checkout yet?how are you finding it?

Posted: Jun 28, 2007 By: GAMESMASTER87 Member since: Jun 28, 2007
  15. konanmotihar

konanmotihar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    I've been using FAC for a couple of months now and so far they've been great. They offer an interesting bespoke option which allows for offshore online payment processing.

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 By: konanmotihar Member since: May 22, 2007
  16. Lorna

Lorna UKBF Newcomer Free Member

72 0
    We've just signed up with Nochex, so fingers crossed......

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 By: Lorna Member since: Mar 24, 2007
  17. SimonJBell

SimonJBell UKBF Newcomer Free Member

31 2
    What sort of experiences have people had with Paypal Pro and Google Checkout? Also has anyone used Fastosts internet merchant account?

Posted: Jul 23, 2007 By: SimonJBell Member since: Jul 22, 2007
  18. frankieboy

frankieboy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    My business partner n°1 has become daopay.

They are a pay per phone system that perfectly fits to my mp3-sale-homepage.
    My customers stay anonymous - a wish I can completely understand - and can pay almost instantly. You more or less "see" the payment proceeding.

I dig them, they have a good customer service and treat their customers / clients competently.

Nice.

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 By: frankieboy Member since: Jul 26, 2007
  19. Caz

Caz UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hello :)
    Does anyone know off the top of their head how much ebay and Paypal fees are?
    Thank you

Posted: Jul 27, 2007 By: Caz Member since: Jul 27, 2007
  20. SimonJBell

SimonJBell UKBF Newcomer Free Member

31 2
    Posted: Jul 28, 2007 By: SimonJBell Member since: Jul 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.